1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Master Baiter, Dec 18, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Book of Bobo by Dr. Suess

Deckard, mikol13 and Jontro like this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Isn't Jon Favreau the the creator and writer for both the Mandalorian and this show? He just saving the good stuff for the Mandalorian? I thought the Mandalorian would be released soon after this series but it might be another year.

3. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Really, another year you think? Is that the word on the street? :eek:

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Enjoyed the episode but yeah the bikes were just silly. They seemed to be going like half speed during the chase scene too it was just weird looking. Hopeful Chewblacka returns and joins up with Boba. I do like how he is building his gang with former enemies.

Also is it just me or is it weird rooting for Fett when we all hated him as kids?

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

YES. This is what I was expecting once he was set free and all...instead we got the scooters.

Steven Root is hilarious as always, though. "I was offended on your behalf."

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Power Rangers in EP3 was beyond hideous. Do not bring them back or do that ever again. EP2 was really good. The sand people arc was good. But wandering around Mos Espa......they need a plot, a McGuffin. And we need a central villain.

It is clear they are giving Boba a moral compass. And that is fine. How he thinks now after surviving the Sarlacc, he is allowed to change a bit. But I agree he needs to maintain his "edge." We need to see the edge we saw with him dispatching that biker gang in EP2.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

My biggest disappointment so far is that I thought Boba Fett was supposed to be a bad ass. He's been getting his ass kicked on the regular.

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

What in the bootleg Back to the Future hoverboard chase manure truck was that?

Deuce likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lucas would be all in on the vespa gang and you guys know it.

Gotta sell some toys.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Could anyone take a Wookiee in hand to hand combat?

Seems strange that they’re ignoring the comics though. Krrrsatan and boba worked jobs together in the comics.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Robert Rodriguez is in charge of this show, so everything good and bad starts and ends with him.

12. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Better episode, but a few things....

Didn't the Jawa's take his armour in the first episode, or did I miss something? And his plan was the fly his ship into the Sarlacc Pit to retrieve it?

The final comment at the end, where it appears that Boba Fett realises/learns that money can be exchanged for man power seemed really stupid. Like...how did he not know that???

I'm having trouble understanding the tone of the show. Is it meant to be gritty? Is it meant to be for kids (like Star Wars actually is)? Funny? Silly? Serious? I would be more forgiving if I 'got' what the show was actually about, but right now it's a mess (although the latest episode was more focused).

Jontro, Rashmon and Rocket River like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I felt like this episode may start to get things on track. I hope.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Stronger episode than the last for sure, unrelated but I had no idea Ming-Na Wen was nearly 60 (58), she looks great....

[​IMG]

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I've watched all the main Star Wars movies except the Clone Wars one, and enjoyed the Mandalorian. However this show is boring me to tears. I cannot think of a leading actor in a premium show I like watching less than this guy whoever he is. They really blew it with the casting, and have no idea why they'd cast such a dolt for a show that was going to be essentially "former bounty hunter wandering the desert"... Pedro Pascal had a helmet on for 95% of his show, and he was 110% more of a character I wanted to watch.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. Really wanted to like this show but it's just lackluster for me.

Jontro and dobro1229 like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just can't make it through the first episode... It's a no from me dawg.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is ok. . .. at best
    I will keep watching but it is not their best effort

Rocket River

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Back then Boba Fett was cool and mysterious, but now he's just a fool and delirious. Even Justi-Fetted was cooler than Boba

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

glad i haven't watched this. the character was insignificant in the original movies.

Hope i won't miss anything important by skipping this. anyone know if this will be incorporated in the next avengers movie?

steddinotayto likes this.