1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So then your statement of the game showing no progress or improvement is patently false. Glad you admit it at least.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wrong - we have Green locked up, we can afford to watch him develop and not worry about it, while Wood and KPJ we need to know ASAP whether or not to keep them, they are much more of a priority in development than Green.

We have time with all the rookies, we need decisions on KPJ and Wood.....and that might be NO....just got to find out - they are the priority.

DD

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hear me out I don't actually trust Green handling the ball late game yet. For end of game plays you need someone strong who can take a ton of contact and finish.

Refs swallow the whistle late game, and defense gets more physical. At this stage of his career, more than likely Green would get bodied, either get stripped or miss at the rim. The last 2 drives Gordon scored, he took a ton of contacts with no calls but managed to score anyway. I'm not sure if Green can do that yet.

I still think Green needs to be attacking off actions and movements instead of just creating out of nothing in a 5 out situations late game. I'm okay with him not getting too many touches.

ilias, jdjd, crenshaw and 9 others like this.
  4. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Very good point that I hadn’t considered! With that as context then the decision making jives IMO.

I still wish we ran some kind of offensive late to get off ball movement but making accurate assessments of what we got in KPJ and wood should take priority.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I have no clue what you are ranting about, I'm not sure if you know what you are angry about either. Maybe take a deep breath and relax?

The end of game execution was poor, the Rockets have shown no improvement on that. Wood and KPJ both committed costly turnovers and if it wasn't for a big rebound from Green and a good finish from Gordon the Rockets were in prime position to lose against Sacramento's bench team.

I would have liked to have seen outside the corner getting action, or Gordon running point, than KPJ and Wood playing their two man game repeatedly in late game executions.

jdjd likes this.
  6. kiwirocketsfan

That rebound was as encouraging as anything I've seen from him with the ball in hand. Big players, make big plays, in big moments with or without the ball.

NewAge, crenshaw, jdjd and 2 others like this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I didn't rant once. You're the guy posting multiple paragraphs not me. You're also full of ****.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yes, multiple paragraphs discussing why I don't think the Rockets should leave Green and Gordon standing in the corner, whilst KPJ and Wood repeatedly play an ineffective two man game that led to multiple turnovers. Green should have at least been involved and Gordon should have ran point.

Do you want to discuss this point or should I expect more belligerence?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ok let's pretend - even though it's stupid because the two are not fungible given the situations - the Rockets get 5 points better with Mobley in mobley-gane playing minutes as opposed to -18 with Green in green-playing-game minutes.

-13 still makes them the literal worst net rating in the entire league.

You've said that Mobley instantly makes teams - any team- worst in League to playoffs better by sheer virtue of his impact, and there's no intervening other factors, such as the general horror of the Rockets lineup.

Even though the last part of this is obviously wrong, what is your basis for this magical thinking, other than what you've already said? The Rockets are about 7-10 wins out of the playoff picture and hardly because of close losses. Slight improvement across-the-board doesn't move that needle.

Seems more like you're one of these guys who whined about "draft Mobley", were lucky enough to be "proven" right, at least as of now, and won't shut up about it.

Move on man. 2021 draft is over. Go join the bballholic newsletter forums if you want to rehash endlessly

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol Wood as an all star I'm sorry i have to quote you again!

It was funny last year but +5 funny net rating now! How many people would literally have to die for him to make the all star game now? It would be a profound tragedy Station 11 style

roslolian and J Sizzle like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Duplicate.

#1492 roslolian, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Streaky has to do with consistency or reliability of distribution of a shooter's accuracy on any given night. If a shooter has an average of 40% and he shoots 40% every night, then he isnt streaky. If he shoots 80% one night and 20% the other, then he is streaky. Both will have the same high average of 40% but clearly there is a difference. This isnt Rocket science.

Take Green's season for example. Green is averaging 38% 3 pt which is pretty high. But if you look at his 5 previous games, then his 3 pt% is 50%, 25%, 67%, 0%, 66%, 25% etc. Thats a textbook example of a streaky shooter yeah on average Green will shoot a high percentage, but on game by game basis he can be inconsistent which means he is a streaky shooter. He will have games where is on fire and averaging better than Steph and games where he sucks ass. Thats what you call streaky not sure how to make it more clear.

It's not that I'm using a term few here use, its that most of y'all have no clue what streaky means and confuse it with amount of 3 pters made or average accuracy.

#1493 roslolian, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Late lotto? Lol. Corey Brewer type skillset?

Brewer is a defensive role player, if you think Green will become a Brewer type player if he doesnt improve then you dont really understand how much development Green needs.

cbass likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your post tells me you still dont have a clue what a streaky shooter is. No wonder you confused Jalen Green with Corey Brewer you got clue what the hell you are saying.

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, you don't get to try and project onto me that I'm ranting and angry and then expect cordial conversation. You bring sass I'll give you open hostility in return. You're not a serious person so why would I waste energy on serious debate, clown?

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Rookie Jalen green played not even 30 games yet. Folks were already calling him a bust or questioned if he was manly enough to play the game.

He'll booby thought green had high potential of bust way b4 he even got drafted by us, hence his consistent negativity about green. Man got to stroke his ego on how he was.

Like if green was actual shooting inefficiently, pouting or entirely lost on defense, it would warrant some criticism. This rookie plays unselfishly, has shown the drive to get better and actually tries to play 100%.

He may or may not b a superstar but I find it quite pathetic for folks to rag on him without even giving him a chance to show his potential.

it is weird for green haters to sht on a 19 year old rookie and simp for kpj Jr so bad. Man is a 3rd year vet, and we have folks giving him a hella lot longer leash than green.

Bo6, Mathloom and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Am I missing something? This is the start of your conversation directed at me.

You must have confused me for another poster, but if you can read that chat conversation again and still conclude that I'm the one who was "projecting" and bringing "sass" at you, well it would explain your behavior a lot. I'm really not interested in some off-tangent crap-flinging contest and throwing this thread way off course. We can go back to discussing why you disagree with my comments on the 4th quarter performance (as I have proposed multiple times), or you can keep this up and I'll just put you on ignore. It doesn't matter to me either way.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. vator

vator Contributing Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Kings dug themselves a hole in the first quarter that they did not return from, that simple.