1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

PSSST....we won, and he got a great rebound that saved the game.

DD

GotGame15, NewAge, Emtenndo and 5 others like this.
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Might not have had the highest scoring night (though he likely would with more touches) but plenty of people were saying he needs to improve his assists and rebounds and play better D as his big focuses. 5 boards, 4 assists, much better D and a positive +/-. PROGRESS MOTHER****ERS!

NewAge, DreamR and DaDakota like this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Ohh man you're one of those "we're play-in caliber without Jalen" guys?

Thought I had all those dudes on ignore but I must've missed one.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’ve been really impressed with Jalen Green’s defense the last few games. He’s competing out there. Honestly didn’t think I’d say that at any point this season. Proud of him.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good game outside of the bad turnovers.

BallaDoc, i3artow i3aller and vator like this.
  7. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

It’s still a big deal. What has KPJ and wood done this year to warrant that much usage during crunch time. Green, whether you believe in him or not, is supposed to be our future go to scorer. Get him his on ball reps now when the games don’t matter as much. Accelerate that timeline.

If you don’t want to that’s fine but get him involved in the offense in some capacity. Run some off ball action, have him screen the screener, set a 2-1 screen, run a floppy, run a pin down. The lack of involvement is honestly the bigger deal than the lack of shots. What is he gaining from sitting in the corner.

DreamR, peleincubus and harold bingo like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Everything you're saying would be easily fixed by having an offensive strategy and running more than 1 play in a quarter. That's not "Silas System" though.

BallaDoc likes this.
  9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Wins like these are worthless because it was a beatdown against a seriously shorthanded lottery team, and it doesn't show any type of growth and improvement.

Those possessions at the end from Wood and KPJ were so mind-numbingly bad, and it shouldn't take an offensive rebound to secure a win against an opponent like this. The worse part is, because of this win, they'll repeat the same mistakes in the future.

BonziWellsGOAT and BallaDoc like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ is in his 3rd year and Wood his 4th or 5th, they are going to naturally get the ball more often late, and frankly both of them are better at shooting the ball than Green is at the moment.

Just relax, Green's time will come - he played a great all around game today - that is awesome.....he doesn't need to be "THE MAN" yet.....just focus on getting better.

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not going to console them, Jalen Green fans would prefer the Rockets lose every game by 40 so long as Jalen Green got 40 FG attempts.

GotGame15, Tmac1Yao11 and NewAge like this.
  12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It’s relevant because you are citing our net rating but didn’t provide our net rating without Jalen since that is the other part of this. I don’t know how to pull that but let me know what it is. I’m guessing it gets a lot closer to the Cavs net rating without Mobley since Jalen’s net rating is -18.3.

We’re 5.5 games back of the play in right now. Leaving out the actual scouting since you are just pointing to net rating, it’s really not that crazy to think that swapping a -18.3 net rating player out for a +4.6 player could put a big dent in making up those games.

As for “Lol Wood as an all star”, there was substantial more web traffic about Wood as an all star last year around selection time than Garland and Allen combined.

NewAge likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This team really needs a PG, Green, KPJ, Tate, Sengun, Wood all turned the ball over like absolute fools. The difference a Ricky Rubio type player could make for the team and player development would be immense.

Richie_Rich and BallaDoc like this.
  14. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

He’s trying and improving some, which is encouraging. Still makes a lot of dumb mistakes but lots of reasons to be encouraged.

15. vator

Not me. We won so I’m good. The only thing that frustrated me was when Tate missed him for the easy lob dunk and then proceeded to turn it over. The offense was in a decent grove minus the stupid passes that led to turnovers. I won’t name all the guilty parties.

KPJ was playing decent tonight and shows a lot of potential as a secondary playmaker. I wish we had a steady primary playmaker to put beside him that could consistently beak down and put pressure on defenses, has a secure handle, and good passing along with low turnovers.

BallaDoc and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. vator

I think he played pretty solid defensively honestly. Especially in the context of what the other guys that play his position did out there tonight when he wasn’t on the floor. Can’t expect a guard to pitch a shutout out there against other talented perimeter players. These guys are the best scorers in the world.

He fought through screens, stuck to his man, was physical, and contested a bunch of shots without fouling. He got his hand in their face and made them work. That’s all you can really ask from him. I remember guys like Shane Battier and PJ being all over guys and they still get buckets sometimes. His rotations and awareness off ball will need to continue to get better obviously. Seems like some games nobody out there knows where the hell they are supposed to be.

Richie_Rich, BallaDoc and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Did you even watch the game? Either you didn't or you're deliberately lying, Green's showing tons of improvement. Better on D, more aggressive with the ball, more assists, more rebounds. I call bullshit on your bullshit assessment.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm clearly not talking about Green.

19. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

That’s not the point I’m trying to make. Green for sure is a part of our future. We have no idea where porter and wood stand. Greens development should take priority over everything else on this team for this year. I am not advocating for him to get shots. Greens archetype is more conducive to winning when he gets his in the flow of the offense. By no means should your future big time shot maker be standing in the corner every play for 6 minutes. I’m saying get him involved in the offense somehow or someway. At least let him touch the ball and move it.

KPJ and wood haven’t earned ****. Green has a higher TS% then KPJ does, finishes better at the rim, and has a much higher free throw percentage. He’s been more efficient than the third year player. KPJ continues to pick up his dribble, drive into defenders without any thought process, and not read the low man and miss the corner kick. Even if he was doing those things we’re trying to get away from heliocentric play. You should democratize the offfense a bit more especially when your number 2 pick is having a good night.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  20. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I honestly only really caught the 4Q tonight other than commercial breaks because I was watching the NFL playoff game. But lately I have noticed the effort and fighting through screens as well as some improvement with rotations lately.

Before he got hurt the talent was evident but I was starting to get worried he might be a guy that just doesn’t at all get what it takes to win games in the NBA and may not even be that interested in getting it. That doesn’t seem like the case at all now.

Glad to hear he looked good on D tonight. I loved seeing him fight to get that board.

NewAge and vator like this.