1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/16/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We won and Augustin was out - amazing.....

DD

jcmoon, saleem and Tfor3 like this.
  2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I was watching through their commentating.

If you randomly watched the game through their eyes you would believe all Kings players were Holy Virgin and all Rox were Pontus Pilates.

What a biased bunch.

Richie_Rich, bj3175 and BigShasta like this.
  3. conquistador#11

When Woody got the rebound and yelled "I got it" and ran it up the court in slow mo, I thought about the game threads.

good win. I'll take it

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he has a great game and you focus on the turnovers. You know he hasn't been turning the ball over much as PG lately right? he averages just 2.7 turnovers a game this month in 7 games. His turnovers have dropped quite a lot since his first month

you only say he underperforms as point guard because he doesn't average 10 assists a game

he is our point guard at the moment and that is that. He will continue to grow in that role

Zen Tabak likes this.
  5. eman

eman Contributing Member

I confess I missed most of the second half. Just generally speaking, from what I've seen all season, I trust Sengun's passing more than any other Rocket's.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has hit some clutch threes lately

raining threes, saleem and apollo33 like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Every starter shot over 50 percent tonight, not sure if we have had that in any other game this season. All hit at least 5 field goals

saleem likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As many mistakes as we made, and we made plenty, it was a war, it got brutal and we still won. Some of our young guys made key plays down the stretch, likely not reflected in the stats. Porter with loads of turnovers, but still with a good game. Green had a HUGE offensive board that was key. Gordon was amazing, and he had fun! Tate and KMJ stepped up. Wood did some stuff. What it was, I forget. You missed a very entertaining game. Oh, and Mathews was huge.

saleem, napalm06 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What's his value on the trade market?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They were horrible. They were without a doubt this worst broadcasting crew I’ve heard all year.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He's a great passer, he's nowhere near ready enough to be a point-center though. I'd hazard he plays more minutes of his career at the 4 more than the 5 also.

34to11, eman and jcmoon like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well hate to say this but i told you so... he better humble himself and ask for g league transfer...playing time is mother of all good players.... and alpi wasnt playing real basketball for more than half a year now....

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon hes as ready as any center in nba, his coach is not tho...and should be fired on the spot...he is ruining a generational talent...you can tank 10 years and no pick gonna become anything good if you treat them like this

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

idk. I think they’d be better having EG run point and that’s not because EG is a good point.

twitter continues to try and convince fans that KPJ’s last 3 “good” games means he is a PG. Silas apparently said he - KPJ - had poise down the stretch.

I don’t see it or get it. The offense, which KPJ runs, was not good down the stretch. They had an 8 pt lead with just over 6 left. KPJ had 2 to’s down the stretch, Wood and Tate had to’s, JG had a to.

I get it… KPJ hit a 3. Yay! All to my point… make him a SF. Get a “real” pg in there and KPJ gets better too, imo, since he gets to think less about running a team and more about just attacking a scoring, with the assists being a byproduct of him being good at that when he doesn’t have to think about running a team.

But what do I know?

jcmoon, saleem and Corpusfan like this.
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

I like Armoni Brooks, don’t get me wrong, I’m just not a fan of any scenario where he’s getting minutes over Josh Christopher. Jaygup gives you more on the floor. I guess there is always the hope that Brooks is hot that night and can give you a spark, but I just don’t want to see him until EG gets traded. There just aren’t enough minutes to go around for KPJ, Green, Gordon, Mathews, Josh, DJ, and Brooks.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice win. Hope G Bird is ok.

E God was E God. He got raked across the head and no whistle? WTF

Sloppy play but they still got it done!

jcmoon and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  19. WestendMassive

(slightly late due to a work meeting but.....)

ROCKETS WIN GIMME A HELL YEAH

[​IMG]

Dobbizzle, clos4life, saleem and 4 others like this.
  20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

JC was assisting 11 per game in G-League and does zero in NBA.

I don't think G-League is any good for Alpi. He does whatever Silus&Co (especially Lucas) wants. If he finished similar game in Turkey with 0 rebound and zero foul he would be punched very heavily.

Yurt7 fouled 5 times in 24 minutes last night but scored 22 and grabbed 11 rebounds. Butler's fg was 9.1%, Lowry'18.2 and D.Robinson' 11.1%. Miami lost but Yurt7 played like a man, not like overgrown secondary school dandy.

As long as Silus&Co is there, Alpi's game will suffer whether he plays or not plays. Better to be in injury list rather than playing rubbish.