1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I doubt he’s available but I do think if there’s a chance to get someone like that I hope Houston is getting aggressive. I have no idea what Sac would want, but one can hope.

slothy420, theDude and saleem like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

I’d be happy for Bagley + mid FRP. Wood is dropping lock the stock market.

Believe It! likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not this season's 1st, obviously, but maybe a future first. We have the first-round selection from Brooklyn or Miami (top 14 protected), whichever is higher this summer. That's worth something and they don't have to wait. I'm not convinced that they would want Wood, though.

daywalker02, Easy and saleem like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wood plus Tate for Wiseman and Looney. It works on the ESPN trade machine. Add a 2nd round pick from Houston if needed.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why? Wiseman has not shown much yet. Seems like we are just throwing assets away for the sake of throwing them away.

6. saleem

Better two way potential.

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Sounds good.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Wood to wizards for Rui, Krispert, Deni? I like this even more. Rockets could get back into the 3ball with green and these sharpshooters.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would be content with several picks including first rounders without much protection.

Teams would be desperate to part with young talents for him IMHO unless those talents are mediocre.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

You’d be lucky to get one, let alone all 3.

ElPigto likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm wondering who is advising Christian. Not sure if he doesn't want to bang with opposing bigs is because he'll get exposed or afraid of injury. If it's an effort thing, he needs to try harder. Up his value to show he's worth the bag, this could be his one and only big pay day.

#291 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

According to the Athletic, Wiseman suffered a setback during his rehab from the surgery on his meniscus tear. Had to have it scoped in December and what's really interesting is that the Warriors kept it secret. Who knows? Maybe they could have use for Wood after all, and maybe we shouldn't be interested in Wiseman? If it's been posted elsewhere, my apologies in advance. Here's the blurb:

Warriors' James Wiseman needed additional knee surgery in December: Sources
    By Anthony Slater

January 14, 2022 Updated 7:31 AM CST

Golden State Warriors center James Wiseman underwent an additional arthroscopic knee surgery in December, eight months after his initial meniscus surgery last April, sources told The Athletic. Wiseman, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, missed the final 19 regular-season games of the 2020-21 season after suffering the injury against the Houston Rockets.

Wiseman needed a scope and cleanup in mid-December, flushing out some loose bodies, sources confirmed, which slowed his anticipated comeback from the injury. Wiseman was cleared to practice with the team on Nov. 1 and initially appeared to be on track to return to game action before Klay Thompson, who made his season debut on Jan. 9.

As of late November, Wiseman was preparing to scrimmage five-on-five at the same time as Thompson. But the Warriors have continued to say they are still waiting on Rick Celebrini, director of sports medicine and performance, to clear the 20-year-old player for full contact.

Why didn't the Warriors announce this?
    Anthony Slater, Warriors beat writer: Only they know. I'm not going to speculate. But I started reporting on a possible setback because Wiseman was nearing full 5-on-5 scrimmaging in November and then suddenly wasn't.

He was basically shut down briefly and then returned to only doing light individual drills, a large step back from where he seemed to be progressing. The swelling and the needed scope are the reason.

What's a realistic timetable for his return?
    Slater: The team is not giving any official timeline. I think somewhere around the All-Star break is reasonable. Maybe a bit before, maybe a bit after. That gives him a bit more than a month to get back toward playing shape. He is nearing contact work.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some G-League work in once he's physically ready as a ramp-up toward NBA action in a playoff seeding chase.

https://theathletic.com/news/warrio...nee-surgery-in-december-sources/DyEHJgzTblrO/

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. Milos

Milos Member

I'd love it, but Wood is the anti-Warrior
    They were already the West favorite and just got Klay back
    Zero chance they bring a selfish locker room cancer in that could disrupt chemistry

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

I know you're right. It's a crazy idea. @Deckard I had read Wiseman had arthroscopic surgery too. Kuminga is showing maturity. I guess we will be stuck with Wood for a while.

Milos likes this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know he seems this way but I would be really interested to see how he would react in an environment like that. He has a chip on his shoulder because he's spent his whole career bouncing around bad teams struggling to get minutes when he knows he can play, the selfishness probably comes from trying to prove himself. Now that he's had his time in Houston to show who he is and what he can do...I do wonder if he's on a great team where he's got a defined role, and no delusions of being the best player, maybe it could humble him and he would be more of a team player?

Who knows, maybe not, maybe this is just who Wood always will be. But I would be really interested to see how he would behave in that kind of environment.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. NewAge

NewAge Member

Wood doesn’t have "delusions" that he is the best player on THIS team. He IS.
    Last year he was deferring to Wall and Oladipo, maybe more so than was needed. Then he let Kelly O. run plays for awhile. Right now he is on a “Fock it” mode, but that’s more of a function of how bad and disfunctional the team/organization is than anything else.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope not. Wood going to the Warriors was/is always a very slim chance. Why they would want to "endanger" the excellent culture their successful team has by introducing a real wildcard like Wood just doesn't seem like something they would do, in my opinion. There are other teams out there, however. Perhaps one will see Wood as filling a real need that could help them in the playoffs. Guess we'll see.

Milos and saleem like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Potential trade destinations:

*. Golden State
    *. Minny
    *. Charlotte
    *. Memphis
    *. Wiz

19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Looney is a nobody and Wiseman is another Greg Oden except not as talented.
    And y'all throwing Tate in a trade...he is NOT a throw in. Go watch some more basketball

mikenm268, Moe, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wiseman is awful. Do not want.

clutchdabear and Corrosion like this.