1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I just post tweets. I m not a big analysis guy nor one to have a staunch opinion on things

harold bingo likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I don’t know about that. Say Cleveland takes green because they don’t plan to re-sign sexton. Garland, green backcourt with Allen, lauri, love isn’t too bad

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We can't have both of our guards struggling at the same time, and they are both super inconsistent......one of KPJ or Green needs to be on for us to have a chance and with both developing that is unlikely.

So, we get to watch them both miss ....and miss.....and miss........a lot......until they don't....

That is development.

DD

robbie380 and xaos like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets are just about the only team that would have reached for Green at #2, they liked his perceived marketability. It's okay though, so long as he eventually develops into a decent player and the Rockets hit on next year's draft pick, they'll be fine.

GotGame15 and palmsnbananas like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fortunately, the Rockets aren't trying to win this year, so we really can have both of them struggling at the same time....hell it's beneficial to the long term goals of the team to have them out there struggling.

They get to work through some things if they can, the Rockets get to see what they have in them, and the Rockets get to stack up L's in order to have the best chance of landing a franchise player in the upcoming draft.

6. dmoneybangbang

The Brewer comparison was just stupid and was embarrassing. Brewer was never a scorer.

7. dmoneybangbang

The scouting had him as a top 4 pick.

People are going to be high on him when he’s playing well and low in him during these slumps. Not rocket science.

BonziWellsGOAT and xaos like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

KPJ was supposed to have this break out year and frankly he’s been the most disappointing player on our roster. Worse, because he was supposed to play point.

harold bingo likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

#1 on espn top 100 coming out of high school I believe.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want to continue to see him get 18 shots. Bad game last night no doubt. I think we are going to continue to see improvement. I'm excited to see where he ends up after an offseason.

xaos likes this.
  11. Milos

Milos Member

I didn't mean you ... the Bijani guy that tweeted it

zeeshan2 likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think so, his rookie year, he didn't do much and in the 2nd year he barely played, sent to the G-league - and he is playing a brand new position with a bunch of really young players.

I think at 21, he has one more year to prove himself - and if you don't see significant improvement you cut ties.

DD

13. Milos

Milos Member

For those on the edge about to jump over Green, look no further than one year ago for hope

Anthony Edwards was awful to this point as rookie, and I'm sure many Wolves fans were already accepting he was a bust, same old Twolves, etc ...

Now he is rapidly becoming one of the elite go-to scorers
    His team has transformed to become a DEF squad something that they have never been in the KAT era

They are a solid playoff team already, built around a nice core trio with plenty of upside to get even better and contend in a year or 2 with a few vet additions to fill out the rotation

On the other hand ...

There is nothing treasonous as a Rockets fan to call Green what he is at this point
    Frustrating, inconsistent, often clueless, and overall a disappointment
    Basically hot garbage

No need to make excuses or dig for ridiculous, irrelevant bright spots to try and change the narrative

I don't think this current coaching staff is doing him any favors, and may in fact be directly inhibiting any progression, and that's not his fault

The future is not hopeless, but the present is so awful to watch, only the delusional could claim that Green and the team are on the right track to greatness

Minnesota is proof that all of that can change in a year or 2

GotGame15 and DaDakota like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

He's played 104 games so far in the NBA. We were counting more on his development this year than Green's this year.

15. dmoneybangbang

I think some just roll their eyes when phrases like "hot garbage" gets tossed around when the entire team has been "hot garbage". It's not the criticism, because Green has been disappointing, it's just the vitriol behind it.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

I agree to a point. He has been inconsistent but I think hot garbage is overstating it. I get that people are disappointed because of the early returns on Mobley and Barnes but it shouldn't be overlooked that their situations have been vastly superior to Green's, which has been bad as you alluded to. Also Edward's was worse to this point in his rookie year. I get development for the rookies is all we have to look forward to this year but hanging on every game and coming to post knee jerks every game (not directed at you) is really unproductive. Rookies are by their very nature inconsistent

#1416 BonziWellsGOAT, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  17. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah people will bend over backwards for KPJ but cut Green 0.0000000% slack after like 29 games

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

What early returns? The fact that they also look like rookies playing on teams with veterans far better than what the Rockets have? If Green was on either of those teams and we had either Mobley or Barnes, we'd still be cellar dwellers and this board would be clamoring that we should have taken Green over Mobley or Barnes.

Take Christian Wood and KPJ and trade them for Garland and Allen or Siakam and FVV and the Rockets are probably closer to a 6-7 seed than where they are. We are expecting Green to take a similar leap to what Morant and Garland have done.

It's crazy to think rookies look better playing next to All Star PGs instead of hissy fitters who bounce at half time because they couldn't handle criticism.

19. BonziWellsGOAT

I literally said that in the post.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think Green could either turn into a multi time all star… or never get much better. Lol. Pretty big range but I realize now I have no idea wtf I’m talking about.

his offensive game seems entirely dependent on his shooting ability… which, at best I could say CAN be really good (see Ant or Maxey last year vs this) and I think mostly struggles for the same reasons he struggles elsewhere offensively- lack of strength. I suspect his legs are an issue. But that’s a wild ass guess and just based on the fact that he was better for a bit beginning of year and for a bit when he came back from injury (so without the game every other night wear and tear). Or… he never gets better as a shooter…

who knows.

GotGame15 and harold bingo like this.