1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Have Any Tattoos?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jan 14, 2022.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Call it a midlife crisis, but I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo - my late daughter's initials and birthday - on the inside of my left forearm. Not looking for an entire sleeve, just something subtle that I can easily cover up if I ever need to. Just 2 or 3 inches in diameter.

This will probably be my only tattoo. Any ideas on font, etc.? (do they actually call it "font" in the tattoo word?)

B-Bob, mikol13, TMac'n and 7 others like this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

#2 boomboom, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sorry missed an important part of the OP.

#3 KingCheetah, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Nook, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

sorry to hear about your daughter breh. the tat seems like a good idea in her memory

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m really sorry to hear about your daughter. I can’t imagine the strength it takes to live through the loss of a child.

I think if you’re already thinking how you might need to cover it in particular situations I’d recommend getting it somewhere other that your arm. Your chest might be a better option. Something you can look at in the mirror once or twice a day. As far as ideas go I prefer symbolism over text. Maybe a favorite toy or something that she loved that reminds you of her. The most important aspect of a tattoo other than picking the right artist is that it means something to you. Pick something that you know would make her smile if she saw it.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't personally have any tattoos or desire for them but I've seen some beautiful designs. Hopefully someone can provide good advice.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

If one of her initials is an "S", I got just the font for you:

[​IMG]

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nook and Xerobull like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I've never trusted myself enough to get one, or really ever felt the desire. My brother has 2, old-school Astros logo on his shoulder and "don't think twice it's alright" (one of the best FU songs ever) in honor of his divorce in script on his inner forearm.

So sorry to hear about your daughter.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

If I were to get one, I would probably go with a type-face font (old school typewriter style). I would probably also go with something similar to you...the birthday of each of my kids (052515)

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don’t think it’s a good idea to tattoo your password on your inner arm

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

sorry for your loss ima.

id go with an airy cursive style. simple and clean. i dont think you necessarily want a heavy, bold in-your-face style with this. no old english script unless you want to look gangsta!
    [​IMG]

if you want to do something else along with or instead of the lettering, a design thats based off something she was interested in can make for a meaningful tattoo. a specific kind of flower or animal she was into or something from a hobby she had. acoustic guitar if she played or paintbrushes if she was an artist...or even incorporating two things she liked into a single tattoo. for example, if she was a dancer who like cats maybe a cat in some dance outfit or dressed like a ballerina...or if there was an interest or hobby yall shared or something from a meaningful time together. maybe there something yall saw or did on a vacation that has a special memory. i dont know, im just throwing ideas out there.

what youre asking for isnt a difficult request, but id still go on instagram and find an artist in your area who has some examples of this style in their portfolio.

ive got almost 70 hours worth of work. at this point im pretty knowledgeable about the whole process so feel free to message if you have any questions.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, no tats on my body. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get an ear pierced. I've only been thinking about that for 30 years or so.

Xerobull and tmoney1101 like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Arm sleeves are equivalent to BBL's.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

take an hour and look at bang bang tattoos (NYC) on instagram. you should get a ton of ideas. if you are going to do it and questioning it do it right in my opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Really sorry that you lost your daughter man. I think a tattoo could be a nice way of remembering her. May she RIP.

B-Bob and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jo mama likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep.

No ragrets.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's attached with "Skin Tite," a skin safe silicone. I think I was on a bender that day.

Nook, tmoney1101 and FrontRunner like this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I would say there is no better reason to get a tattoo

durvasa, Deckard, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.