1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This republican congressman in Ohio is an example of the current state of the republican party...

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Advice from the cool jodi ernst...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Translation: Our voters we need are not going to vote for us in the same way if ideas are allowed to be debated. We are an authoritarian party now that needs to use propaganda tools and methods to win.

The debate forum cannot be something that Trump allows. He's not running to be democratically elected. He's openly talking about being "installed."

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Translation: We are corrupt mother****ers that have ties with big corporations. We want to bend the rules for them while we get our cut so therefore can I run for 20 more years? We will blame minorities for all your problems and we won't discuss benefits for when you get old,hurt, or poor.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

9. NewRoxFan

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Good. I hope they have a debate before any votes are cast and that they include the Libertarian Party candidate (and the Green Party candidate for that matter). They should also have better rules than these stupid 2 minutes, 1 minute rebuttals, interruptions are not allowed but then allowed anyway, different questions for each candidate, some candidates get the questions in advance and others don't, etc. I wouldn't even have them on the same stage, I would pretape the questions and answers at the same time (so the candidates can't even know what the other candidate's responses were) and then play the answer to each question back to back (in alternating order). Make it about the issues instead of the poo flinging.

Unrelated to this news, the primary debates are even worse, and the one most terrible rule is the free response if your name is mentioned.

RayRay10 and peleincubus like this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

in great position to dominate come the mid-terms

28% disapproval among hispanics.. ruh oh

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Republicans like Trump and those following his dirty footsteps are a bunch of rotten apples. They can't admit defeat and will lie, cheat, or steal to overturn the vote.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The republican party has the opportunity, if it would take it, to reduce the democrat party on its current trajectory to decades of minority, in a near whig like scenario, instead most of its leadership want to fight over the out of touch elites that were republicans until late last century and have become increasingly, and towards near universal democrats this one.

If you were to compare south of the border, the current populist left president, AMLO has more in common with Trump policy wise than Biden, and his predecessor, right establishment, Pieno more with Biden than Trump, this is mainly because the differences aren't right/left, but populism/establishment, and the ever growing latino population will continue to lean towards populism if only the republican party wants it, which much of the old codger wing doesn't; for every white voter they'd lose, they'd gain 2 latino, and the latter is having more children too.

IBTL likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My kiddo has read both of those. Myself I read a good part of the new kid. Great great book. I have a huge wtf on BANNING these books wow

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Leading republican candidate for president... and the Big Lie.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Where is free speech ideologue Jonathan Turley when you need him? Oh that’s right, he’s a shameless political hack.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Stupid to ban any book from a school library (outside of those that are illegal to have or make accessible to children). The counter to speech you disagree with should never be censorship. It should always be more, better speech.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10, peleincubus and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Amazing that a candidate for office can tweet out something so completely false...

RayRay10 likes this.