1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Culley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 5, 2021.

1. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Can’t live with them, can’t live without them moment. Clutch fans at it again.

primtim24 and Caesar like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

At what?

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  3. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Always finding something to bash. The team sucks so he had to go. Why all of a sudden, everyone is team Culley.

Fantasma Negro and Caesar like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bash what?

Nook and mikol13 like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Waste of a year. We already knew that the hire was stupid.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

As GM this should be 100% Caserio's hire.

If Easterby is calling shots on this then all bets are off and I have zero confidence in the decision making process.

Caserio gets the benefit of the doubt from me. If he wanted someone and they simply weren't available when he moved into his office on Kirby, then I get that and I'm willing to see what move he makes next.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

There are plenty of insufferable, miserable bastards here. But in this instance, everyone is correct. The Texans hired a patsy and flushed a year down the toilet in broad daylight. That is practically unprecedented. Upgrade or not, they deserve the scorn and ridicule they are getting.

That being said, I'll be first to praise them if the next hire is a good one. But otherwise, this has been a fairly embarrassing 12 months.

Nook, red5rocket, DonkeyMagic and 3 others like this.
  8. a time to chill

Easterby is involved in the coaching search since he was involved in the decision to fire Culley.

From the Houston Chronicle

The only way the Texans can begin to regain some credibility is to fire Easterby. Until they do that the clown show will continue.

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Culley had his flaws and brain-farts, but I liked the guy more than BoB and the team actually "exceeded" expectations with its 4 wins. Culley wasn't even close to the biggest problem with this team. I think he'll soon get another HC opportunity with a more competently-run NFL franchise.

The Texans will continue to be a dumpster fire until Easterby is axed. As for Caserio, I'll give him a pass...for now.

This team deserves all the bashing it's getting in this thread.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well caserio was talking in the headset for these games too. How much, we really don’t know

11. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

That's an interesting thing to say, but everyone knows Culley was a bridge guy. If the guy the Texans NEVER thought they had a shot at (Flores, Pederson, etc.), is suddenly available due to a good showing or better than perceived personnel (Davis Mills), you HAVE to make that move...

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Culley ain't being hired by anyone else to be a head coach in the NFL.

Nook, Mack, everyday eddie and 8 others like this.
  13. primtim24

People like to use the Deshaun Watson drama as proof of how dysfunctional we are. But if the Texans trade Deshaun as expected, hire Flores (universally thought of as a coach that shouldn't have gotten let go), we would go into the new league year (March) as EASILY the best situation on this list. We can move on from like 75% of the roster if need be, plus we have a decent o-line and a new look QB.

#453 primtim24, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  14. primtim24

You rip the Texans for firing Culley, then less than a page later you rip them for hiring him in the 1st place... Which is it?

If a guy qualifies for what you need then great, the Texans 2022 outlook will be totally different than 2021 was.

15. primtim24

Did they really flush a year though? You can make a strong argument that this past season did more for us long term than the last Deshaun year did.

At least now we have draft capital (plus hopefully more soon) plus we have a QB worth trying to build with, and a decent O-line to go with it. We're 10x more desirable than we were at this time last year.

16. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I can live with this.
    It would really put a "Pep" in my step if we also got an order of "Mayo" on the (defensive) side!

red5rocket and dmoneybangbang like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So I'm guessing Bienemy is completely off the table? Haven't been paying attention.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

#458 Commodore, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    desihooper, tmoney1101 and Major like this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Very nice guy, very likable, but was he ever really head coach material?

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

No.