1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rudy T to replace Phil Jackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreenVegan76, Jun 17, 2004.

1. edc

edc Contributing Member

Larry Brown won, so does he retire? If so, Detroit would be a very attractive option for RT.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agree

Rudy would calm down alot of stuff
    and
    have a more free flowing system

Shaq down low
    Kobe creating . . .

Shooters all around

RudyBall '05

Rocket River

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Where is that article where Rudy said he didn't want to go back to coaching yet?

4. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Just say 'NO!', Rudy.

Anywhere but LA and Utah.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Rudy better be ready to get back into the fire if he goes to LA. He will be expected to win a championship immediately and will be compared to his predecessor who won 3 in 5 years. If I was Rudy, I would rather go to a rebuilding team...somewhere with a longer leash and less pressure than LA.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

or Seattle... or Phoenix... or New York... or Orlando...

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I hope this never happens!!:mad:

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Rudy would be getting one of the best jobs in sports. I hope he gets it I mean I hate the lakers but coaching the lakers is as good as it gets for a basketball coach. Good luck Rudy most of us are 100% behind you.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Fire JVG!!! Bring back Rudy NOW!!

10. jondoe654

jondoe654 Member

I'd be confused as to whether to cheer for the Lakers or not...I mean I like Rudy but...its the Lakers.....i mean.....the Lakers you can't cheer for them! Besides didn't he say he was gonna wait a year?

11. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Rudy would not be a good fit in LA. Perhaps 3-4 years ago, but he can not handle that group today.

LA's problem is similar to Houston's, getting the ball to the center and having your guards shoot better percentage shots. Rudy could not do that with the Rockets, so why would he accomplish this in LA. At least in Houston, Franics likes Yao. Kobe and Shaq hate each other.

I think Rudy would only have a chance if they made a big trade, featuring the team around Kobe, or around Shaq. But no way both of them. He could not make Franics and Hakeem work, and after one year seemed to be on the same path with Franics and Yao.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I would think that if Rudy were seriously considered, then Shaq and/or Kobe would be communicated to, and their commitment would have to be weighed by the Lakes and Rudy.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Kobe would love playing for Rudy....He could ISO every possession. :)

14. Toast

Toast Member

You give Rudy T the most dominant center in the league and surround him with catch-and-shoot jumpshooters; guy who can nail the outside jumpers like Derek Fisher, Kareem Rush, hell even Mad Slav & Luke Walton and Kobe's icing on the cake.

Rudy T's defense will have them in every game. Rudy T's offense will have them winning WAY too many.

Lakers, don't do it!

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I would imagine that if we acquire T-Mac, Houston may be an attractive situation for Phil Jackson to pick up where he left off in his quest for the 10th championship...

How weird would that be?

16. TheRockets#1fan

I agree with what does Larry Brown do now since he now has a championship. That was the only thing missing from his resume. Now I think the Pistons would be a perfect fit for Rudy since he is originally from Detroit, Michigan. He can go back home and coach "One of the best teams ever assembled". I would be all over it if I was the Pistons owner and I know for sure if Larry Brown wants to retire.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Too wierd.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm very loyal to Rudy T ~ if he is the Lakers coach I will become a fan to some degree.

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Rudy should hold out for the Detroit job next summer. It would be a nice homecoming for him, as well.

20. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I remember many people saying that letting Rudy T. go may come back and bite us in the ass.