1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch and BimaThug: Tap In

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 11, 2022.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

SOL. Stuff of Legend.

clos4life likes this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would add Ivey and Griffin (though only seen a little, but what I saw was very good) as high impact players in the next draft that may be able to shoot and defend in the NBA if not picking in top 3. I think Smith is the safe pick in the draft with Holmgren being the biggest ceiling.

Nook likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

NJ? Welcome to 2015.
    But I agree. We have no PG, and our defense is historically bad.

Nook likes this.
  4. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Jaden Ivey. The kid looks like Ja Morant with his speed, athleticism, and PG skills. Dude could start immediately for the Rockets and we could trade KPJ for a big or wing

#104 RocketOrg, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    RasaqBoi and xaos like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we should trade or cut KPJ, get what we can get for him right now regardless. Agreed Ivey looks like a nice prospect. Getting a top 3 pick is likely gonna be important again this year.

xaos likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Missed the entire Space. Didn't notice the thread until it was over. Such is life.
    :-(

tmoney1101, jim1961 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

It's just one of those.... the Sixers are going to be able to get a better "win now deal" elsewhere. The Rox could help facilitate a trade.... SAC/HOU/Philly exchange or MIN/HOU/Philly.

I could be convinced to trade for Simmons for a poopoo platter (Wood/Gordon/KPJ and 2 protected late FRP), but would the Sixers?

8. xaos

xaos Member

I agree on a few things in this post:

I doubt Morey will take what we are willing to package vs other teams and that we could be players in helping facilitate the trade. I also agree that Simmons is worth more than the proposed package of Wood/Gordan/KPJ/2 late FRPs in a vacuum.

The thing I don't agree on is bringing in Simmons on our team how we are currently constructed and what assets we have remaining (Harden trade, Westbrook trade & this proposed Simmons trade). We move closer to competing, but I don't see a path towards multi-year contention. The beauty of clearing the roster of certain players is you can truly make multi-year contention the goal.

I do think that Green will be an elite scorer and I think Sengun has all-star potential. But, by then Simmons' contract is over. So, I'd rather use Wood/Gordon to acquire assets that aligns more with Green's peak. Also, there's a chance Green isn't worth building around and ends up just a 20-25PPG scorer with decent pick and roll play making ability (lower tier to middle all-star level). In that case I think I'd rather take my chances on a top 5 pick this year and top 7 next in order to maximize the likelihood of acquiring talent to build around on team friendly contracts.

I don't disrespect anyone's opinion if they think Simmons could get us closer to contention. It's just my opinion

cmlmel77 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

I think there's a low enough price to where it makes sense to bring in Simmons. I just find it a moot point outside of discussions of being the third to help facilitate.

10. dmoneybangbang

As far drafting and team building goes, I disagreed with Clutch about defense and Paolo. I think you need to take the best player with that high of a draft pick. Getting two elite scorers with questionable/average defense back to back isn't a big deal as long as you focus on defense in other areas.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

c’est la…thread

Deckard likes this.
  12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I am really humbled by all the comments... Thank you. I appreciate everyone listening and the support. I really enjoyed it and everyone who commented did a great job.

@BimaThug was a hero because I kept crashing out the Space. Or I would get in and it wouldn't give me mic ability. The initial two Spaces were set to record but they crashed quickly. I'm told Spaces can be pretty unstable and there wasn't a way to practice or do a private one to test beforehand (I apparently need to create a burner account).

Hopefully we can iron that out and record the next one. We will give more notice too. I'm sure we will want to do one just before or after the trade deadline.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who tapped out?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't understand the comparison. Ja was clearly a PG. Jaden strikes me as a combo guard, DWade type. Ja put up 6 apg his freshman year and 10 his sophomore year - granted given his talent level he was clearly playing weaker competition than himself in that league but still. Jaden is putting up 3 apg this year... and just watching him, he isn't a clear PG to me.

Doesn't mean he won't be good or great or whatever, just i don't get the comparison.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Kpj is a big wing. The dude is taller than green who is taller than morant that is 6'3. The guy is at least 6'6 or 6'7...

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Kpj doesn’t look taller than Green