1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we stop freezing out Jalen Green?!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't getting frozen out so much, he could have had 15 turnovers tonight.

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Don't think anyone takes you seriously.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt you think at all.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok Sammy. It is obviously everyone else's fault when Jalen struggles.

DD

#144 DaDakota, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    hakeem94 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jalen is doing fine scoring. I rarely see him take bad shots these days. The next step is more about playing within the offense, more off ball movement, decision making.

Defense and rebounding is a whole other issue there. He has gotta learn how to track the ball, he's afraid of contact on long rebounds, it's frustrating to watch

6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

What offense though? If there's an offensive direction/scheme/structure then I must be missing something because it looks like pure freestyle bullshit 90% of the time to me. He had 5 boards tonight, it's hardly like he's showing no improvement there. Defense is his biggest issue right now, he ball watches and cheats off his man to help way too much - but so does everybody when our "rim protection" is basically non-existent. I don't foresee any improvement in his defensive capabilities until the coaches actually try and give us a direction defensively. We have no direction on either end of the floor, but these kids we have are more naturally talented on the offensive end so they luck out into buckets sometimes - defense does not work that way, you can't just slip into it by fluke.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Honestly whatever experiment is going on with Kpj needs to be handed over to Green. I’d rather watch him grow then KPJ regress

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn’t mind seeing a smattering of Nix in there as well. That’s a real 6’4 point guard that we have available. He’s got some growing to do as well.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can we stop freezing those Jalen Only Fan accounts?

There were so many comments for like 2 games in a row. But now it's been crickets.

Did Clutch freeze them all out? I wonder what their thoughts are lately.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His turnovers were disgusting tonight, really really bad. He had a good stretch of games where his passing was looking a lot better, but tonight he looked like he did early in the season

BallaDoc and hakeem94 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Some people suggested he should play PG........

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. TimDuncanDonaut

When this man knows better. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BallaDoc likes this.
  15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Before this game, in Jalen Green's last 10 games, he has averaged 1.4 TOs. KPJ averages 3 TOs in his last 10 games.

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. BonziWellsGOAT

He was waiting for this moment lmao

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ah yes the "unbias" rockets fan analysis /s.

The Nba turnover record for a single game is 14 set in (2000) by jason kidd and John drew (1978), just goes to show how much of a hater u are.

Hoping green do well my ass.

18. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're not frozen, their accounts are in the same place your account is when he is doing well... and I'm sure their thoughts are that it's a long season, in which the rook will continue to have ups and downs.

People, who don't just have an agenda but genuinely want to see our players do well know this, but unfortunately there are certain people who are so vested in not being wrong regarding their premature stance when it comes to this player or that player they just can't help themselves.

So many children on this board today (or at least people who act like children). If you have an objective bone in your body you can see that there has been signs growth and development in all of our rookies. The talent is there, it appears the work ethic is there, I for one am more interested in debating what things are best for this teams growth and getting out of the rebuilding phase as quickly as possible.

#158 O-dawg, Jan 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    DatRocketFan and BallaDoc like this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That's funny, because I don't ever recall my account being buried with Captain America in the ice like the Jalen Only Fans when he has bad games (most of the time).

In fact, my account can also be quoted as saying positive things about Jalen when he plays well. Shocking revelation to you, I know.

I get where you're coming from though, it's just that you haven't seen many of those posts from me. Because Jalen doesn't play well often enough for you to see them.

Good try though, trying to liken myself to an Only Fan. You see, I can say good and bad things about players. I don't spam nonsense when someone hits 2 shots to start a game, then go radio silent for the next 92 minutes of game time.

I LOVE how you throw in people being wrong regarding their premature stance. THANK YOU! There were so many of those people saying Jalen was a superstar and franchise altering player. Too many. I'm glad you realise they're wrong.

I again refer you to the fact I have said positive things about Jalen when his play warrants it. Lemme guess, you'll die on this hill and won't apologise for being flat out wrong?

You're right. So many children on this board pigeon holing posters into things they aren't just because they can't handle the truth.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Some people have actually watched basketball since 1995 and left behind the idea of 5 inviolable positions, as have all teams - though to be fair you're not alone in that you're still looking for a banger PF and a pass first PG to slow it down and run a pick and roll while Jalen Green uses his speed & quickness to... stand in the left corner in the PJ Tucker spot.