1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The KPJ experiment is a failure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 10, 2022.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why we have to wait trade deadline.

Some scrubs even don’t have any trade value.

And most of season already passed after trade deadline.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

oh I can believe that.

Matthews hustles and will take charges but overall he is a bad defender.

Just watch him out there. He constantly loses his man or just flat out can keep up with him.

idshiy likes this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Blind faith...and that’s about all I can have at this point in time. He’s said the right thing time and time again but actions speak louder than words and his actions have been pretty disappointing thus far

4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

In fairness, it was a low risk high reward play. It didn't pan out. We got him for nothing and can move him at little cost if it comes to that.

Where the team has really failed has been in building a winning culture. Coming into this season they treated KPJ as a cornerstone piece alongside Green. This was the backcourt of the future.

Why would they do that knowing he had been a problem in the past? Why not make him earn his role, or put him in a provisional position? They handed it to him, and have a situation where they can't move him from the PG position without risking a player meltdown, major locker room issues, and worse. This is not good and doesn't look like it's going to end well.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

KPJ just isn’t good enough on a consistent basis. I’m not ready to give up on him, but he for sure shouldn’t be starting.

DCHAMP, Joe Rocket and eliefor3 like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

KPJ is a poor man's Danuel House....

macho87 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

BonziWellsGOAT and bluffkin like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I think we can all agree, if they would have received the top pick, Cade would be the PG. In that scenario, would KPJ be the starting 2. I would think so. Would he have performed better in that role? I wonder.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think as fans we definitely lose the human element of life. The team brought this guy on to develop him and he has shown promise of that. Kpj plays or doesn't play, we are going to suck regardless. I am still rooting for the kid.
    I hope rockets get better coaching and can come up with a role he can excel in bc at his current development, starting pg is not it.

For me this season is about believing in players and hopefully watching then develop. People act like we are a average team or better of we thrown these players to the street. We suck no matter who we play or don't play, might as well see some good come out.

11. DreamR

DreamR Member

He is messing with Greens development so we can't play them together.

The two options left that might help the team are either move him to the bench or trade him at the deadline

If we trade him at the deadline he will have to be a sweetener in the deal, no one will take him as the main prize

If we move him to the bench then we need to start Sengun so his development isn't slowed down playing next to KPJ like Greens currently is

12. jayydela

jayydela Member

At this point I’m down to play Wall

Crashlanded19 and jcmoon like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Literally, the definition of the word "faith" is to have belief without explicit evidence.

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't either but that is how its done.

15. BonziWellsGOAT

50 point game aside why does everyone keep saying he's so talented?? Based on what? He is bad at just about everything.

charlieaustin, Easy, Squirtle and 2 others like this.
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's because he does have great tools--athleticism, handles, lefty, good defender when focused, etc.

But he's far from putting it together and he's his own worst enemy right now.

17. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

This KPJ experiment reminds me of back in 09 when we took a chance on Ariza to see if he can become a star but he was nothing more than just a role player.

Or when we had Mike James and traded him to the raptors. And he had one great season with them. He signed a deal with the wolves the next season and he tricked that franchise.

What I'm trying to say is that KPJ is fool's gold.

slothy420, jcmoon and Squirtle like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you saying KPJ is a poor Jazzhole? :eek:

TimDuncanDonaut and Salvy like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do think the 50 point game fooled many amongst us.

I am pointing out the Corey Brewer 51 point game.

40 and 50 seem to be magical numbers.

slothy420 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  20. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The conversation about his mental makeup is a distraction. KPJ’a value depends on his ability to shoot a reasonable percentage. He cannot do it today and, if he doesn’t develop at least an average jump shot, he cannot be a credible guard or small forward in any role (staring PG, backup SF, 6th man, etc). It’s really that simple …

subtomic likes this.