1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The KPJ experiment is a failure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 10, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. fattz

fattz Member

I blame LaBron. He has quickly gone downhill after that conversation with him post game. The Lakers coach said nice things about him in the postgame interview, too. I truly believe it’s tampering in many ways.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

KPJ might have gotten a big head.. Never thought about that

Lebron was also the dude that ended the Harden era..

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I blame this on Rockets front office.

Why are they always thinking they can find precious thing from trash bin?

KPJ is not PG material but we still allow him to play horrible basketball. The dude hold back every young players development.

5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

It was silas to be fair lol

Dobbizzle likes this.
  6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

If there's a food fight contest I want him on my team, but not on my basketball team sorry.

BonziWellsGOAT and PeterKingX like this.
  7. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Everyone deserves a second chance, very few have a third, only idiots give a fourth.
    I'm sorry for the boy, but clearly KPJ has an attitude problem that seems incorrigible.
    Bad reactions on and off the field, terrible body language that negatively affect his teammates.
    Every game with Wood and KPJ on the team increases the negative effect on a geometric scale.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I Disagree about your comment on Silas taking out Green. Silas wants to protect Green and the Starters, the 76ers can injure Green on a Flagrant Foul as a Retaliation plus the game is a blow out.

Silas, KPJ, Wood all are looking very bad.

It is a learning lesson for Silas and the Coaches that don't take Alperen Sengun for granted.

Christian Wood is only a Starter because the Rockets want to showcase Wood for a trade.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even though a lot of people were excited about his potential, I did not have a lot of faith in him in the first place. So I am not really surprised that this experiment is a failure.

Is it because he's not a PG? Maybe. But it's more than that. He looks like the kind of player who can't put it together. People clamor about him being very talented. I don't see anything special in him. He is a gifted basketball player, of course. But there are plenty of guys with his kind of abilities and never make it because they can't put things together to become a good NBA player. If Porter puts his mind in working on improving his game, he might be able to have a good career. But his mental baggage will likely foil whatever potential he has. I genuinely hope he can turn it around, not just for the Rockets, but mostly for himself. It would be a good story to tell.

He is not a rookie. He should be beginning to come of age, so to speak. Not looking good.

pr0wler, charlieaustin, Wommy and 8 others like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Damn...this comparison is spot on...and right now that's looking like a best case scenario.

People need to forget last year. I think that's the issue. Dudes sometimes have hot years or a hot few months, usually coincides with dudes that are trying to prove they belong in the NBA or in a contract year or something...

But eventually the clock hits midnight and the slipper won't fit, the talent runs out and you're left with Jeremy Lin or Chandler Parsons, or Kelvin Cato.

Sorry KPJ fans, that's what its looking like right now.

I'd rather have Current Day Westbrook as a PG right now and that's saying a lot...I'd rather have Augustin starting, JC, basically anyone...this man isn't a PG. He doesn't read the court quickly enough and looks for his shot way too much...which wouldn't be an issue if he were scoring efficiently.

charlieaustin, jcmoon, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Sadly I agree and I had to apologize to some Cavs fans for the **** I talked in the offseason.

pr0wler likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he should be averaging 30-15 by now

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right now it's looking like the Rockets don't have any competent guards at all.

The good news is that they'll have a pretty good pick in next year's draft.....maybe they should look at trying to find a franchise guard?

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You truly can’t help your self can you? It’s glorious

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Every point guard has to learn how to be a point in the NBA. Just because you are drafted as point, doesn't mean you know everything about being a point in the big time.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is this the same tantrum you've been throwing for months? LOL. Good job kid.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol this Green kid is going to be a great scorer

19. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Not going to lie I was hype seeing him train over the summer like almost everyday with Chris Brickley. I had hope after that first preseason game against the wizard that he played very well. But it's just been rock bottom for him, sometimes it's just best to not force him to be something he isn't. It's taking a toll on the team and our young guys. Really hate that they are picking up the bad habits now.

I know development takes time, but we cant neglect the guys we have to try to make this ridiculous experiment work.

Crashlanded19, slothy420 and DCHAMP like this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's a compulsion. Every thread, no mater what it's about.