1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/7/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol wut. I hope that's just a bad paraphrasing of what he said.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, but he is a really nice person. Everyone is really rooting for him around the league… no one wants him to be the head coach for their team, but they are rooting for him.

Deuce, Dobbizzle, jcmoon and 13 others like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is insulting to me as you know I am a certified TRUMP hater - who thinks he is a rotten pedophile con man.

I may have been right about the draft, and think we should have taken Mobley, I might have been wrong and Green is the better player - who cares? That is not driving my desire to see better D.

I want Green to be GREAT, and the sooner he starts playing decent defense it will help the team. He was not a part of the winning streak the team was instantly better playing as a team - instead of him and KPJ and their dribble driving efforts.

Other teams target him because he is so bad at it, some of it is strength some of it is lack of awareness. I just want to see improvement - I see it on offense but if I say he is getting pretty good on offense it is lost when I say his D needs work....

People are too sensitive about a favorite player, it is ok to expect more from the number 2 pick, it is ok to hope he becomes a franchise player......but he will have to play much better D for that to happen.

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U serious? not a lot of rebounds?
    49-90 fg by Mavs

They whiff 41 times, and he got 3 out of 41 as a fking big man. Idk y u still defending that type of sht effort. 20 points mean nothing if u can't do your job as a big man.

Like i said it's fine criticizing Green d, but giving Wood a vet a pass is just irksome

Dobbizzle and Ekiu like this.
  5. fchowd0311

You are too sensitive about your preference for the last draft. You can keep regurgitating your back peddling but you have obvious posting patterns when it comes to Green.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Silas even doesn’t know what Green is good at.
    Green has great potential in scoring, not standing at corner!

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Bad enough being forced to watch the worst defensive I ever seen in a Rockets jersey, but watching the offense stall out during most of the 3rd because Tate, Wood, and KPJ wanted to play keep away, and I have to assume Silas was okay with that, is past extremely frustrating.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That’s a sobering stat if I’ve ever seen one.

raining threes likes this.
  9. DaDakota

he was not on the court for all those rebounds.....not saying he did well he did not, but when he was on the court in the first quarter they shot 66%....

And WOOD SUCKS on D.......he is just soft soft soft....

DD

10. juanming

juanming Member

Wow really dude? If anyone is a pedophile its Biden and his son(Google it there are pics of Biden grabbing a 4 yrs old butt not to mention what's on his sons laptop)

God I hate Democrats .they will literally ruin this country (check back with me in 2028) haha

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Is that DA or HP3? I dont know I blocked the person lol

12. DaDakota

Ok, well, you have obvious post patterns about Green too.

And, it is fine by me.

Go Rockets.

Will stop here, FCho brought up Trump ....this is the GARM

DD

#872 DaDakota, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  13. fchowd0311

You know what it is?

Silas is kind of a introvert. He doesn't like imposing his will as a coach. Which means he can be stripped on easily. Which means the older players on the team are going to have their way even if a responsible coach should know it's in the best interest of the franchise for the younger player to have more touches. A coach with no presence is going to get stepped over by the older players.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  14. BonziWellsGOAT

Yup and as soon as the Rockets get rid of him the org will be roundly and unjustly lambasted for it.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Posts like these in game threads should be automatic bans. We have been through enough tonight no one should be subjected to your democrat vs republican fake war because you have nothing else better to do with your life on a basketball site.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Silas was busy planning the post game love-in at chucky cheeses.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

K u right about that he was not on the court for all those rebound, I give u that. All i am sayin is folks need to b more consistent on who is to blame for defensive breakdown. Haters like booby like to harp on Green's poor d, cause they have a motive to sht on a player they don't like. But no mention whatsoever about wood.

Green actually tries to play D he's just bad at it, meanwhile our only big man gets his 20 points and disappear. Doesn't box out, doesn't go for rebounds is just there. Wood puts up the most pointless 20 pointer games ever and he's probably wondering y his team keeps losing

DaDakota likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Silas:

Wouldn’t classify it as effort but energy for sure. Weren’t up into the ball, weren’t up into the screeners, allowing middle penetration which was killing us because they were either hitting the lob or hitting the dump off pass or kick to 3pt shooters. I wouldn’t classify it as effort but would classify it as energy.

Desire?

Not even desire. We were trying to do the right things but didn’t have enough oomph to do ‘em. 3rd Q was a little better even though we were a step slow, step late on everything.

With a back-to-back on Sunday/Monday, concern they lacked energy tonight?

Yeah, been an emotional week. Looking out there, saw guys holding their shorts and tired. Not gonna put it all on fatigue. We needed to play better. We need to use tomorrow as a day to regroup and recover so we have the requisite energy for the back to back.

In the 4th Q when you had the 2nd/3rd team in, you were still coaching and like it was teachable moments. Is that the time to teach them when you’re going through that adversity?

Yeah. Always gotta teach ‘em. There’s gonna be points they’ll be in more important parts of the game. As Josh Christopher is coming off the court, yeah, I’m gonna grab him and tell him what he needs to do better and how he can do it better. I wasn’t necessarily pleased with their shot selection. We just have to be better.

What goes into not playing guys like Green or Porter at the end of a game like tonight so they can get in-game reps? Is it about them or the other guys on the bench and seeing different units?

Good question. A little of both. I already played Kevin way too many minutes in the first half. Like 18 or 19? Jalen was going pretty well but didn’t feel we had much pop as a group. Christian was good as far his energy but like I said, not an effort thing but didn’t have pop today and needed it against this group. We didn’t meet their force.

Is that what you were looking for with the early substitutions in the first Q?

Yeah, I was looking for something because I could tell right away. I called the first timeout at 8:something and I could see it right away. Trying to find a group that would give the energy we needed.

19. fchowd0311

Yes my posting patterns are supporting our 19 year old rookie.

Saying "he sucks on defense" after some posters celebrate a nice play of his isn't you being some sage in constructive criticism. We all know he needs to improve on defense. But we never someone praises Green you need to put that poster down for some reason and remind them why Green sucks apparently.

MystikArkitect and Joe Rocket like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Just draft Ivey and call it a day… hell Ivey is already used to terrible spacing at Purdue, he will fit well in a Silas offense.