1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/7/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2022.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

He only cares his numbers and he got it.

Even he refused to play for Rockets, only one game suspension, no big deal.

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I guess the one positive is that Green only gets to play in closer games while with lineups that are not tailored to his game—and also don’t seem interested in getting him the ball all that often.

If he’s capable of averaging around 18 with good efficiency under these circumstances (which is pretty much what he’s been doing since he’s come back from the hammy) I can’t begin to imagine where his potential offensively will be.

Can’t wait for Sengun to get back, man…

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But but pointing out players who need to work on their defense offends people.

DD

juanming likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Green was abysmal today on defense. I dont mind that Silas sat him the entire 4th.

But holy hell KPJ and Wood. I sincerely hope we don't have to stomach a team with either of these guys on it for much longer.

5. juanming

juanming Member

They didnt drink carrot juice

WestendMassive likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

never seen someone smile as much as Wood during and after an epic ass whooping…How are u down 20 and having a good time?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In this case, I think Jalen is dinged up. He took a real shot to his left leg from, I think, Powell? Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s just a stinger, but Green was moving a bit awkwardly afterwards while he was on the court. There was a lot of game left when he went to the bench and he didn’t return, obviously. I’m not pinning this one on Silas. Not this time. Probably me being paranoid. Hope so.

DeBeards, roslolian and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Yeah Silas will develop those undrafted and 2nd round scrub players at first. Their age can’t wait any more.

Green and Sengun just wait, chance will come some day.

WestendMassive and BigShasta like this.
  9. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

There's literally 0 accountability on this team from top to bottom, everyone has the green light (except Green for some reason). The defense continues to be an absolute circus and the offense has no direction/ 1-on1 predictable fluke. Even if we get a good piece in the next draft, I have no faith in this dogshit coaching staff to actually make any meaningful improvements/adjustments & help our young players grow..

Dobbizzle and WestendMassive like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Garbage game. Bill deserved better, so did everybody watching. We need a defensive strategy. Well, we need an offensive one too, but the defense is so ****ing horrific. I really hope somebody in the front office has some words with our dumbass coach.

WestendMassive and PeterKingX like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BS u point out only Green until people call u out on it.

While there's nothing wrong with criticizing green for sht defense, where's the same outrage for a Big man that gets only 3 measly rebound and nonexistent D. That's what irritates me.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Go watch the tape. Starting the 3rd, nobody passed JG the ball until the 7:12 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. Every possession down he was a decoy planted on the OPPOSITE side of the court from where the action was taking place. Explain to me how for nearly 5 minutes Jalen Green is not involved AT ALL in your offensive sets. This is after he scored 9 points in the 2nd mind you on limited touches.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Why is Jalen Green taking only 8 shots? I honestly don’t like Silas’ offensive philosophy. He gets credit for the Mavericks offense but that credit deserves to go to Carlisle… and why are Carlisle offenses good? He is possibly the best spacing coach ever…. Yet Silas’ teams suck at spacing. He just is “off” a lot… I remember him b****ing about how many shots Harden took in one of his last games as a Rocket against the Blazers… and Harden was just about the only player worth a damn in that game…. He wanted a mediocre offensive player like Oladipo to shoot 20 times a game though… just doesn’t seem to have any consistency at it.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sure that is what you only typed.

And I'm sure the people you are referencing believe Rocket players don't need to improve their defense.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I pointed out that KPJ and Gordon didn't rotate - people are just sensitive about Green because he is their new favorite woobie, and people should not criticize the annointed.

And I like Green....but I have higher expectations I guess.

And Wood - his lack of rebounding is really bad, but...BUT not a lot of rebounds with all those Mav shots going in.....

Try posting anything that you think Green needs to work on, or others might see as criticism, he is like Jeremy Lin here with some fans.....can't say anything other than positive.....soft Houston fans are soft.

DD

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

[​IMG]

DeBeards and Patience like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Look at what happened to the Mavs when Carlisle left and Kidd came in. Ya, Silas should deserve 0 credit. He's highly unqualified for his position.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I never thought Id say this but SIlas is worse than Mchale. Even Mchale said in an interview that he'd run things through Sengun and give him more minutes because you have to see what youve got. I think he said 30 mins atleast. He even used the Nurkic and Joker situation as examples. Sad days man.

19. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

#859 ThatboyPhuong, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    DeBeards likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

This is like when Trump supporters say they aren't Trump supporters.

Dude, you are pretty obvious. You don't like the kid and a part of you wants to satisfy your ego to justify your choice in the last draft.