1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Kenyon Martin Jr Were Traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, Jan 7, 2022.

?

What is Kenyon Martin Jr.'s Ceiling

1. All-Star (Like His Dad)

13 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Solid Starter

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. Rotational Bench Player

48 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Out Of The League in 2 - 4 Years

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

If Kenyon Martin Jr. were traded, do you think the Rockets ultimately regret it and be looking to resign him as a FA in a few years after he got more comfortable, or do you think he would just stay a piece off the bench with 15 - 20 minutes some games and DNP Coaches Decision others?

2. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

I don't think he will be traded. That said, I don't see him as a full time starter because he lacks versatility at the 3 and size at the 4, and his shot is not there yet, but he's a great 6th/7th man potentially. He plays hard and with good energy. He also has great chemistry with the core players, and is a good character guy. I don't think he will demand much money on his second contract, so I think he stays here.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

solid starter at best

conquistador#11 and "Hail Hydra" like this.
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I feel like he's not GREAT enough at any one thing just yet to say for sure that he's solid starting material in the future. I definitely think he'll be in the league for a while as a solid bench role player. I like that he has a nice touch around the basket, so he doesn't have to only rely on being close and open enough to dunk the ball. Of course, like most role players in the NBA, a lot of it these days is going to depend on 3 point shooting ability going forward. Unfortunately he hasn't been good at it this year. I voted rotational bench player.

Milos likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I always liked Kenyon Martin and I never disliked Fools Gold Kevin Martin Senior.

macho87 likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets won't regret it. He is likely going to be a solid role player, perhaps start a season or two in his career and be a 7th/8th man rotation wing/big. I would like for him to stay with the Rockets, since I enjoy his energy, but won't be bummed out if we lost him after he becomes a free agent. I do hope we keep him through the remainder of his contract, unless a deal too good to pass up, comes along.

7. raining threes

I wouldn't be opposed to putting him in a deal for Fox or Haliburton

I wonder if trading Martin and the Miami 1st would bring Davion Mitchell?

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Ceiling is most likely a full time starter, but he has to develop a better shot and perimeter defense for that to happen. If not he's probably a roleplayer for life. Also potential dunk contest winner, which is the most likely way he'd take part in All-star weekend haha.

Dacamel likes this.
  9. mightybosstone

The thread is kind of oddly worded, OP. Is there talk of KJ getting traded? If not, why word it this way, when we could simply have a thread talking about his potential overall?

Personally, I'm a big fan and love his potential, even if I never see him being a huge scoring threat. I don't see him as ever being an All-Star, but I think he's somewhere between a solid starter to a 20-25-minute guy off the bench down the line for a playoff team. The thing that will make or break him long-term is the 3-point shot. He's crazy athletic and offers excellent defensive versatility, but he's got to shoot better than the 31.1% from the 3-point line he's shooting this year if he wants to start in today's NBA.

IvanLCPM and Corrosion like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Ceiling is starter, but really depends on his shooting.

11. Mattician

Mattician Member

I don't want to trade him. I think he can be a starter, but he needs to get consistent minutes.

I like when he's on the floor with Sengun.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Quite honestly I dont believe that the Houston Rockets would be so stupid in the first place. They would not trade him for sure.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm a KJ fan and I think he'll be a solid complementary player in the NBA for years to come but

[​IMG]

If Stone uses him in a package to get a better player. Whether it's due to the fact that the team is going through a rebuild or Stone is damn good at scouting this org has shown the past couple of seasons they can unearth quality role players whenever they want.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We better not, man is one of the best pieces we have.

Efficient, low turnover, low foul, athletic, 2 way player

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He'd be back in a year

16. alethios

alethios Member

And some of the best highlight reel dunks & blocks we'll see all year.

ThatBoyNick and Jontro like this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really like KMjr, but he isn't starter level. Gives up too much size for his position - he plays like a short skinny 5. At 6'6 he just doesn't have the height nor weight to consistently offer rim protection.

Great rotation guy though

glimmertwins likes this.
  18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Seeing how he's turned into my favorite Rocket, I'd be a little pissed. But it's bound to happen at some point.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Pulls the trigger just like his father - KEEP

sydmill and FrontRunner like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As hot as the lips on his dad.

[​IMG]