1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

The silver lining is sasser will likely be back next year on a extremely talented roster that’s absolutely top 5 potential. Had he completed this year it was expected that sasser would declare for the draft

Hippieloser and GradyMcTracy like this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This is a nice reality check because I keep thinking “culture”/Sampson’s coaching will overcome these injuries, but you still need talent. Maybe someone will emerge. Shead? At least some of these guys will get more minutes to develop, I guess.

3. Poloshirtbandit

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

What is wrong with Sasser? I don't understand. Didn't even think he was injured.

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They said it was turf toe at first so he missed a game he came back and played 2 games and then he shut it down they said he had a hairline fracture in his foot and needed surgery.

solid likes this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Team has really showed guts winning by winning the first two conference games on the road short handed. They got Edwards back last night and he played well and I expect him to be our go to perimeter scorer for the remainder of the season. They have a huge test Saturday at home vs Wichita State.

GradyMcTracy, Plowman and Fulgore like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

With all the injuries, UH will be playing inside out for the rest of the season behind Carlton/White. Fortunately both are seniors and have seen enough to be up to any challenge. It's up to Shead to be that pure pg who continues to improve in his 1st real year playing and Edwards to fill in wherever he can whether it's offensively or defensively on any given night

Boy do I miss this team at full strength. What could have been this year :(

GradyMcTracy and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be determined how good this team is, but apparently the team that began the year was great!

9. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. solid

I don't expect a deep tournament run like last year. I did, until all the injuries. What happened to the 7ft.tall White kid from Louisiana. I don't see him on the roster anymore. Looked like he had serious potential.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

UH never had a 7ft white kid. Josh Carlton is the first legit scoring big man that's as close to 7ft UH has had since Sampson has been here

Plowman likes this.
  12. solid

I'm confused. O.K., light skinned freshman from Louisiana. He was over 7ft. and played at the end of an early game. I saw him. Had lots of hair.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I never seen a kid like that and I'm an avid UH Fan

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Show us what you got

15. solid

I am totally confused on this one. He played in garbage minutes in an early season game and he appeared to be a fan favorite because of size and appearance.I am UH grad and lifetime fan. I don't get it, but whatever, life goes on. Maybe he left the program early. If anyone knows anything about him let me know.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

No clue who you’re talking about and I follow this team a pretty much daily and at times around them lol. There was never anyone white/light skinned over 7ft on this team. Nobody left this program this season. The last person to leave was mills to Florida st. Mid season

#4256 YOLO, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  17. Poloshirtbandit

Only white guy I see on the roster is Ryan Elvin and he's 6 ft Guard

18. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They had Caleb Broodo last year, a 6"8", 240lb white guy. He was the victory cigar put in late in games, like Ryan Elvin is this year.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

he doesn't fit any of the references in the recent posts besides being white haha

20. Buck Turgidson

They look very impressive today.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.