1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards Broadcast goes off the rails

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Jan 5, 2022.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

NBA will fire the broadcaster.

Lebron James is mad and Adam Silver sucks him off every chance he gets.

RCPM, juanming and BigShasta like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That Kevin Porter could still father a child right now if he wanted to. The 10th US president, John Tylor, was born in 1790 and fathered his last child at 70. He still has a living grandson today!

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't understand why LBJ can't apply some common sense here and understand it was an honest mistake. Like give the benefit of the doubt first before jumping head first with your input dude. The worst the commentator can be accused of is poor research.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

honest mistake

he apologized, move on

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I just don't understand why someone would immediately think that it wasn't an honest mistake that the announcer confused KPJ for being the son of Kevin Porter. I wondered the same thing when he was traded and looked it up. And to have a guy immediately say he should fired and keep the tweet up because it's doing numbers since Lebron James retweeted it is garbage.

BonziWellsGOAT and harold bingo like this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol well he's probably not doing the math in his head, you know? I doubt he looked up the age of Kevin Porter, he's just an old dude who has in the back of his mind that Kevin Porter played a while back, probably couldn't tell you if it was early 70s or late 80s. This dude isn't doing calculations, just made a bad assumption without giving it too much though.

I'm glad that he reached out to KPJ personally to apologize too, it's not just the public twitter apology.

BonziWellsGOAT and red5rocket like this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Had no idea about Porters father.

But I do remember Worrell, multiple times, referring to Isiah Thomas as the son of Pistons Isiah Thomas. It's pretty easy for me to see Hanlons Razor in effect here.

And f**k Lebron

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think it’s an excuse to destroy someone but when players do or say something stupid, don’t the media go after them? I think this is the same thing.

I’m not even saying he should be cancelled. I’m saying, just like they tell athletes, do research before you come out with something like that. Regardless if that’s the team you’re covering or an opponent.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

He’s been with the Wizards for 22 years, you’d think he would know when Kevin Porter played for the team, or at the very least that he is old as hell. Pretty lazy to just assume that KPJr is his son

10. a time to chill

Glenn Consor apologized and unless he has a track record of doing stuff like this given another opportunity. KPJ better than anyone else should appreciate the power of forgiveness and second chances.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm just glad that LeBron was there to insert his dumb ass into the conversation for Kevin.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If color/analysts were selected for this we'd have a bunch of Zac Lowes and Kevin Arnoviz or whatever. Rather it's the closed off domain of ex players and coaches, because it kind of just is.

harold bingo likes this.
  13. txtodd

txtodd Member

And most guys in the NBA don't go by Jr unless their dad was a thing. For example we never called #13, James Harden Jr. So if you see Kevin Porter, Jr, and you know Kevin Porter was a good prod basketball player, well...

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

15. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Just by looking at this guy's numbers I know Consor is lying

Screenshot_20220106-123342038 (1).jpg

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lebron just can’t help himself lol

AroundTheWorld and BossHogg713 like this.
  17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

This is not a big deal at all but of course the Twitter mob is coming after him thanks to LeBron.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

That’s a reach

19. VoR

VoR Member

When you makes mistakes, it’s easier to be forgiving. KPJ should take the high road and say that the comments brought up difficult memories but that he understands the mistake and he forgives him.

Instant humanity points.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it's a really tragic coincidence. I also think it's very lazy for an announcer to just assume an NBA player is a former player's son. Espeically considering the former player was a Wizards player. It's one thing for us fans to just assume people are randomly related, but as an official announcer you would think to Google something like that before saying it in public so confidently.

Dobbizzle and Reeko like this.