1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Posted at 4:20.

:D

2. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Houston In: Rui Hachimura, Deni Avdija, Bertans and a future 2nd Rounder.

Wizards In: Wood and Augustine

Rockets get younger and pick up some good talent
    Wizards finally get a big who can play next to Beal and still keep their core.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

“Damaged goods” and yet still averaging 17/10 and largely outplaying the value of his contract.

I’ll believe he’s irredeemable (due to work ethic, defense or otherwise) if, and only if, the coaching staff and those connected to the team make that determination.

In the meantime, I’m still valuing him as a 17/10 player. Even despite the drama from the Denver game.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

I think we have the same goal to make the TEAM better but two different points of view. My POV was confirmed not made by the Denver game. (On both players). I view them as a team member rather than stats. Parts that make a whole. Sometimes wonderful players just don’t fit together.

Wood is not an all star even with all star stats. If we can move him for a younger solid starting point guard that fits with Green & Alpi, our cornerstones, then that needs to happen. My thought is anything that doesn’t help Alpi or Green needs to go. Building around Sengun & Green should be our ONLY focus. Not collecting talent and dumping it altogether and hoping for the best (one more year of tanking). It’s the difference between wishing & having goals, IMO.

Melton is a solid player that FITS what we have as a TEAM. => he is not an All-Star in the making but would make BOTH Green & Sengun better. Good contact, too.

Ziarire Williams is a solid prospect & has as much promise as anyone in this year’s draft not in the top 5. He also FITS the TEAM’s NEEDS as a larger wing. BOTH Green & Sengun would benefit.

The money works as well. Most importantly is the Grizzlies could use Wood’s scoring, too.

rhee and 18pbr like this.
  5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Rockets fans need to let go of Melton. I get it - the one that got away, except you’re overrating the 10/10 that got away that was merely the 7 that you probably could have had all along. Stop.

You’re still giving away the best player in the proposed deal. And a pick. Unless Williams is some sort of scouting can’t-miss (by no accounts is this the case), then this is bad practice.

Fit is one thing. Bad trades are another. But I get it - it’s the random trade thread. Not hating. Just indulging and giving feedback.

Scarface, fattz and withmustard like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you're mad about, but it's obviously better to draft higher. Yes, even if some great players were drafted later.

jim1961 likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Or maybe a 25 game sample size is not definite proof that Sengun and Wood can't play together by the time this team is ready to start competing.

8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I disagree. Even the most immature players mature a little bit and Wood is not that far, he just doesn't understand what's important in the big picture of winning yet and we can say it all we want but it will only happen when we start winning. He's done with everything he can learn on a rebuilding team imo. When he understands it takes a better attitude to win and get paid more, he will improve.

Someone will turn him into a player, if it's us then that's great for us. If it's not us, it will be somebody else before he's 30.

The chances of getting a player who is good but has issues is relatively low at pick 15. The chances of getting a Jokic or Giannis are negligble, our chances of that are just as good about anywhere else.

It's subjective but I would much rather keep working on Wood who has very low mileage than take my chances with a 15th pick. I'd even rather attach a pick or two and go hunting for a better player (no older players though). If he's only worth a 15th pick right now, then we are selling lowest and some Coach/GM will plug Wood into any non-rebuilding system and immediately he will be worth 2 good first rounders.

Hell, even Hakeem was immature at this age.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There is no way Wizards are giving up Rui Hachimura for Wood, that would be a highway robbery for the Rockets.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

you know what would be the wackiest trade in NBA history:

Houston OUT:
    J.Green
    Porter Jr.
    Gordon

Houston IN:
    J.Green
    J.Green
    Porter Jr.
    Gordon

Denver OUT:
    J.Green
    J. Green
    Porter Jr.
    Gordon

Denver In:
    J.Green
    Porter Jr.
    Gordon

xaos likes this.
  11. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

LOL game commentator's dream

12. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

peleincubus and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

interesting deal for all parties and I see the incentive . I think the balance is probably slightly off . Min seems to be giving up a lot of picks .

Breaking up wall into that multiple contracts is interesting . Are we just waiving all of the one year guys ? Won’t we go over roster threshold? We have to keep plumblee next year ?? Lmao

Lac GM is very shrewd . They use their expirings plus bledsoe and Marcus Morris to take on wall who showed flashes last year coming off Achilles and has been resting and PJ washinginton .. the best young player in the deal .

Corrosion and Bearius Jones like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Wood could maintain the aggression he had the start of the game regardless of opponent, he could develop into something special. That being said, he seems to fade into obscurity at the first sign of adversity. Let’s see how he does up to the trade deadline. I wouldn’t give it much longer than that to show he has the will to get better.

raining threes and Mathloom like this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

16. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Plumlee can get bought out too if necessary. :D The buyouts of expiring plus Plumlee should allow for roster space as it's 3 for 3 trade.

T-Wolves may need to outbid and throw multiple picks to get a player that would change their franchise. They would have THREE 1st overall (2015, 2016, 2020) picks AND a 2nd overall (2016) pick. They wouldn't need their future picks for a while.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gordon+Tate+Miami pick for Deandre Hunter+Cam Reddish+Delon Wright

xaos likes this.
  18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The Grizzlies have 3 1st rounders this year, theirs, Utah's and the Lakers'. I would love to get the Lakers pick as it could very well be in the 15-20 range. Use that pick and Miami's to try to move into the late lottery. Or give just get Utah and Memphis' pick and package that for a pick in the 15-20 range. The only deal that might make sense for them is Wood for Adams. Adams is solid so it would be risky for them to make that move, but I think it would open things up for Morant. Memphis may not want to have 0 rim protection though.

19. raining threes

I would do either Fox or Haliburton + filler for Wood or Gordon

20. raining threes

Reddish for Wood

Dont know about salaries.