1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this team worth our time and money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Is this team worth our time and money?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree 100 percent. Till did this to all of us but is hurting himself in the long run. Wish he would just sell.

pugsly8422 and smoothie like this.
  2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously not worth KPJ or CWood’s time. Other than the Garry Bird 7 game miracle, this season sucks balls. Can I have my money back for the team pass? I miss Harden. :(

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You know you can just switch to watching Nets games on League Pass, don't you? :D

4. Mr Chuck Norris

Facts, I know I have.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

If Jalen and Sengun both not playing im not watching. If both do I do. Sitting Wall is clear sign for me I would watch with him playing but If I am about to loose night and sleep to watch KPJ and Wood while this mother****ers give less ****s than me while getting millions then sorry but this new age nba is not for me. Id rather watch Joe Johnson in Big3 Tournament

kubli9 likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on what you enjoy as a Rockets fan. This season is way more watchable than last season. Last season was atrocious. At least this year we have young rookies who are exciting when they get to play. But as long as Tillman Fertitta is the owner just be prepared for disappointment. I still watch almost every game, I just stop paying to watch every game.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

no pain, no gain.
    witnessing the whole process much more rewarding and meaningful than jumping on the bandwagon half way or right before the celebration.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course it isn't....but suffering as Rockets fans is a tradition.

DD

ROCK3TM4N, Le$$, alethios and 3 others like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

It was pretty agonizing to be on the tip of the cup all those years. You knew Harden was going to blow it in the playoffs. I try not get too invested in things I can't control. The worst thing about the current team is the coaching. How are these young players going to jell as a team when the head coach appears clueless?

ROCK3TM4N, hakeem94 and kubli9 like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lots of bandwagoners in this thread though, and they'll be the ones bragging the loudest if we do start playing well.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. kubli9

Supporting Member

I'm no damn yankee New Yorker! I only have time for the Rockets and I'm well within my right to complain. :cool:

clos4life and comrade like this.
  12. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

What do you mean, "our" money? Is there some CF rewards program I don't know about?

comrade and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

my word, the disrespect

Who wouldn’t want to watch Rockets-Wolves?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Gordo shooting 45% from Downtown? Holy tomatoes!
    (I hope I didn't jinx him)

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I love seeing them play hard, but it is just a nightmare to watch near end in some games. I watched takes of the wizard game, it was fun seeing them compete, but can they do this consistently? It going to take another year or two to see this every night. Porter shot was clutch. That's what people want them to do every night, compete. They need to get this mindset.

When they turn it around to be top 5 young team coming up to breaking into playoff mix. It will be interesting to see who is your true star? Wood? Green? Porter? ... Who knows. Right now just bunch young players trying to break into the league.

16. a time to chill

I'm more engaged with the Rockets now than I was during the later part of the Harden/Morey era. Harden just gave us false hope. Now it's interesting to see from the beginning the Stone era and the rebuild process. I still believe that the front office wants to put together a championship-caliber team and that's enough to keep me watching despite the losing.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I gotta say, the Wood and KPJ issues really threw a wet blanket on my interest.

Even with the terrible record, I kind of enjoyed the idea of the young kids having fun out there, having each other's backs, possibly building something exciting for the future as a team. Then, in the blink of an eye it looks like maybe no one's really having fun at all.

On top of that, they are young, makes tons of mistakes, have the worst record in the league...and yet somehow still can't accept some tough criticism? Doesn't exactly instill confidence that either of those guys have what it takes to reach any sort of potential.

At this point it's kind of looking like it's going to be a wasted year as far "team development." I'm still interested in the individual development of Jalen/Josh/Alperin of course, and enjoy rooting for the underdogs like Tate, KJ, and Garrison. But I'm expecting the "team development" to start back up from scratch next season after we hopefully draft another top prospect and cut our losses on any false hopes we had on the other guys.

I hope I'm wrong about Wood and KPJ, but I think the writing's on the wall.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I loved watching the NBA, that has changed but I still watch games, the Rockets are a part of it and the reason I watched the NBA.

Will never forget that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. kubli9

Supporting Member

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yes.

I’m good with the rebuild. Things take time. I like watching guys develop.

I need to see that from coach too and I’m not super convinced he’s the guy to lead. I think his offense is damn good but can he lead? I’m worried he’s too soft.