1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the Rockets do the right thing with Wood and Porter jr?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 4, 2022.

?

Did the Rockets do the right thing by suspending them and trying to rehab their value?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2022.
  1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. PeppermintCandy

This actually bothers me more than anything else.

If an individual player acts out, a decision can be made about him, and that's that.

But if the organization itself is too willing to play politics, then it's a problem of culture.

Jontro, crenshaw and daywalker02 like this.
  2. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I'd bench Wood until you could trade him, but we can't probably smart to let him play more to up his trade value. KPJ should have been suspended a lot longer and what is his deal with throwing things at people??? Bet he'd be great at dodgeball.

Jontro likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Let's wait until the trade deadline to find out...

4. fattz

fattz Member

Wood got to go & NOW. If he sees any playing time at all he will be injured and out for the season. I truly believe this. Just move him and try to break even. Stone you need to provide protection to the youth.

aaquaa, snowconeman22, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets is becoming the Knicks or Bobcats that we knew. They were horrible season after season, and trash at developing young talents.

What funny is Rockets like to sign undrafted players or 2nd round scrubs. Find gold in trash? They don’t play much their 1st round rookies. They overplaying veterans but still get many bad losses.

This team’s rebuilding is in a mess!

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All good, Brother.

Hopefully it works out.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Silas said it best concerning KPJ.

"We continue on because if you really love somebody, you don't take one instance and say that's it. You love 'em. And when stuff like this happens, you love 'em even more."

Thank God we have an adult in the room. That said, Christian Wood has to go. We are going to have a lot more talent walking in that door.

PatBev and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. plegus

plegus Member

Vocal minority being vocal.

DaDakota and daywalker02 like this.
  9. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

The franchise is looking soft. Spewing that love crap on players thats only been here for more than a year. Real talk, they just dont wana get exposed in their mistake of giving certain players too much rope and especially gambling leadership to unproven players w maturity issues.

it must be engrained in every player up and down the roster that this team and the games and seasons ahead are about jalen alpy and jc now. Everyone else must fall in line. It baffles me that these 19yolds are more selfaware than the scoot and wood vanity basketball. Playing to the crowd and scowling for every made basket gets on my nerves, especially when we are losing like we are.

beardsanity713 and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they get Jaden Ivey, it is going to be very crowded.

Or Hardy for that matter.

Plowman likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They did the right thing. This is all an act to get the first round pick. Gotta make it seem like we're a dumspter fire

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm OK with them keeping Porter, but I would have cut him. If he's right back to starting and playing 30 MPG like nothing happened it will be a complete joke. He needs to come off the bench and earn some respect back, which he's never had to do here. He was given the keys to the castle almost the second he got here

Wood will be a valuable trade chip despite his attitude, so it's in our best interest to keep him visible until the deadline. But he absolutely should be gone by then, preferably sooner.

StevieCrossover and crenshaw like this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

KPJ, based on his apology and public statements, maybe is salvageable. Wood is (or should be) gone, sooner or later.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

[​IMG]

15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

amof, the incident has already affected the value of both players, and set a terrible example to young players.
    business wise the 1-game-suspension sounds understandable, but management wise, that sucks.

Edit: that's unfair to those who played unselfish or toed the line.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

21 tweet thread on the crossover with mannix:

a time to chill likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Manix just wants KPJ to get to the Lakers for free.

DD

dawesome, Patience and Plowman like this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

JUST WIN BABY!!, and anything that gets you closer, quicker, to that is all good with me!

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I voted yes. I wasn't in the room when all this went down. More importantly, I don't have relationships or observe the relationships of these people anywhere other than when they're on the court.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

And then sing his praises, dramatic turn around!

DaDakota likes this.