1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which young player told CWood he sucks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HeyBudLetsParty, Jan 3, 2022.

?

Who did it?

1. Tate

99 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Green

51 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Christopher

26 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Sengun

10 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Armoni

19 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Garry Bird

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. KJ

18 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Garuba

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Other

14 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. anamah

anamah Member

HIS GAME IS TOO STIFF NO FOOT WORK NO NOTHING
    COMPARE DREAM TO WOOD
    SEGUN CLOSER TO DREAM

aaquaa likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

On the Denver thing, they tried out other Harden era players:. Hartenstein and currently Austin Rivers.

I feel like Nuggets is treating us like we're their farm team (vipers :eek:). Be gone thy vulture.

I'm willing to part ways with KPJ for a Bol Bol and a bag of chips. But for Gordon or Wood, they got to up the offer .

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think it was Porter. Frustrated at losing streak. Overall he is trying hard. Did not appreciate being yelled at when Wood was pouting.
    Still not an excuse for Porter leaving the arena. I doubt anyone else wanted to tread on toes.

BTW how do we know it wasn't Gordon? Not young, but he is probably leaving so should not be afraid of rocking the boat.

It was not a good idea to let this crap out to the media.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gordon is just a get along dude, he is not a leader, and he is playing ok, but has checked out until he is traded.

DD

aaquaa and Patience like this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Gordon is playing well; playing hard to get traded.

aaquaa, vince, Aruba77 and 1 other person like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't mean he is not playing hard, he is, but you can see he is playing individually hard but isn't so invested in trying to win - seems ready to go.

DD

7. CertifiedTroll

What

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

When you ask yourself why a healthy young player with this much skill has found it hard to stick with a team, the answer is always their attitude.

9. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

The Durant Warriors? Every team with Kawhi on it?

glimmertwins likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Eric is playing a lot better than OK, DD. Heck, he's having his best season in years. I also disagree that Gordon's "checked out." In my opinion, he's "checked in," and will remain checked in until we deal him to a contending team with what should be a lucrative deal for the Home Team. Now, in general, he somewhat does come across as a "get alone dude." Gordo doesn't make waves, except with the refs, Eric believing, apparently, that he's never committed a foul during his entire NBA career. There is that.

He's also made it clear that he likes to have fun playing basketball. In my opinion, that's often misunderstood. Fun on a basketball court for Eric Gordon consists primarily of one thing - winning, winning on a team committed to winning. During our stretch not long ago (although it seems like an age right now), when we stunningly won a good number of games in a row, Eric was really having fun. He said so! That's my take on Gordo, who's currently our best player, in my humble opinion. I hope we do him a solid and deal him to a contending team. He's earned it.

aaquaa, xiki, Aruba77 and 6 others like this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I 100% think it was KPJ lmfao.

Yelled at Lucas, told Wood he was a selfish ball hog, and then picked up all his **** and dipped lmao.
    I actually think what Wood did was worse and akin to quitting on the team. KPJ clearly cares, is in his head, and has some things going on mentally. It'd be one thing if this was one incident of many, but this is the first incident he's had as a Rocket and he's apologized. People really thought he'd never lash out again? Even dudes that aren't known as headcases have quit on their teams in frustration before.

Wood out there only caring about his stats, only caring about performing well individually, hitting the big shots, etc. when it comes to sacrificing some of his production for the team and making sure the young guys can develop he just says F this and quits.

If Wood took off his shirt and ran around on the court while the team was playing and then peace signed and then left and never came back, he'd be Antonio Brown because he did the exact same thing AB did. Refuse to come in twice.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

seriously, it’s difficult to ‘grade’ EGo with this squad.

aaquaa likes this.
  13. swakid8

swakid8 Member

I had selected Tate, but this theory has me wanting to change my answer lol. Bravo!

14. csc177

csc177 Member

Draft scouts said this very thing years ago....showing its head for us now.

#114 csc177, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

Sad when your vets are journeyman like DJ and Theis...a mellow EG, who wont say anything to anyone and is just waiting patiently to be traded, a self proclaimed all star in Wood (LOL), and someone who is a walking fashion show based on the amount of times he's in street clothes and will forever be, sadly, a mold of his former self (Wall).

These rookies are screwed.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Evan Mobley's dad might have been right, after all.

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I think it was Jalen Green. All throughout his life, Green has been the best player on his team (until now, ironically), and along with that comes a leadership duty. He is accustomed to encouraging, motivating, and correcting others by virtue of this experience.

Dobbizzle, xaos and Rocketeer like this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good to see you post. Thanks.

Hope all is well.

AroundTheWorld, xaos and saleem like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Christopher is mature enough to speak up. My guess is it was him.

jayydela and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why would Wood refuse to play if a player that quit at half time called him out? KPJ is the least likely person to have done it.

Is the team invested in trying to win? Just getting better from day to day is a positive direction. Winning individual battles right now are nice to see.

Wins on top of it are nice and these guys will take the Ws, but winning 15 vs 25 games doesn't really matter this year. This team has a handful of teenagers on it, its not winning anything. If they are learning more and getting more familiar with each other, thats all I need. If that means Eric is just making the right pass or making sure he gets his plays in to keep up trade his value, thats ultimately the best thing he can do for this team.