1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas Got Outcoached By Popeye Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 2, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

silas gonna ruin all the talent and decrease their value... hes probably still on Cuban payrolls
    what he did so we deserve to be his guinea pigs?

you treating him like championship pedigree coach... and he couldn't win in g league let alone nba

if you have 10 million dollars you entrust it with an elite bank... you dont give to a beggar to take care of it....

we have so much precious talent entrusted to a clueless coach who has no value... you couldnt even get 2nd rounder for silas...

Joe Rocket and PWR like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Jontro

Brian Cook Jones is the real Deal.

Jontro likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahah you lose....i defeated you heavily with my previous argument so you now spit this brainless stuff refuted 1000 times before... not a good look but so fitting for an apologist of a clueless coach....
    [​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

AleksandarN, Nook, BigggReddd and 3 others like this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I can't even front, I had no ****ing idea who Compazzo was really. Dude can really ****ing ball though, gotta give him that. 5'10 but didn't look remotely undersized at all with how he played, definition of a role player doing everything he needed to on the court.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've seen him playing in the international games, dude was always a stud, there's a reason why Argentina always performed so well, Scola and Campazzo had that team work that made the dream work

Campazzo is a lot like JJ Barea on the court

gfab-babyboi, HP3 and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Popeye Jones is fat as hell now

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If I’m lucky I made the NBA was a person.

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brian Cook's murderous cousin

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The tough Rockets coach cant guide KPJ. The soft Rockets coach cant guide KPJ. His previous "medium" coach in Cleveland couldnt guide him, same coach this year all of a sudden has good team chemistry. That seems quite of bit of coaches who are "losing" KPJ

Joe Rocket, Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think people need to start realising, Tilman really doesn't know a thing about basketball. Of course he's not going to make the right decisions.

How much evidence do we need of this.

He's more likely to extend Silas to a lifetime deal than he is to get rid of him.

Sledge187, Imanimal and hakeem94 like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You can barely put together a complete sentence, much less string a few of them together to make a coherent thought.

You basically have 3 go to responses, none of which are even a little bit insightful or interesting:
    - a gif
    - to blame the coach, without ever articulating why.
    - a poor attempt at whataboutism almost always beginning or ending with "lolololol"

You are predictable and boring. Basically a bot, who cant accept the reality of where the Rockets are.

Take a hint from D Rock and hide in shame. People will forget all the dumb positions you have hardlined over the past few months.

Monkeychef02 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

I feel like Jokic wouldn't last 20 minutes under coach Silas. All that running around having to set screen after screen after screen after screen, would be tiring for the big man.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You are horrendously understating one of the greatest players of all time then lol

Jokic is the MVP... in Denver of all places. He has a career averaged of 37 mpg in the playoffs

15. Downtown Sniper

Bruh it was a joke about how all Silas lets Sengun do is set screens...

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry, I can't always pick up sarcasm in text

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

All good boyo.

That's why i'm so high on Sengun. Because I realise how good Jokic is, and Sengun getting into the same sentence as Jokic will be amazing.

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It was the right choice. JVG would not have helped this situation one bit.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's easy to point fingers and everyone likes to blame someone for failure, but people forget the facts.

1. The Rockets are probably the youngest and most experienced team in the league
    2. The Rockets are really bad
    3. Nuggets are probably much better than their record indicates

The verdict on Silas is still out and will be still out until he is in a position to win some games with better players either through development or trade.

Right now he has a bunch of young inexperienced guys with a easily malcontent Wood and Gordon - who really the only player who is putting the effort in at both ends of the court and doing it well consistently.

Up until last night, I thought that Green, KP3, Seguin, Tate, and a few others have showed vast improvement and the Rockets organization was indeed showing they are good at development.

I think it's wise to keep that apparatus in place in a noncompetitive season instead of firing a coach and trying to get someone who wants to win a few more games for nothing and sacrifice development for it.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think Silas would struggle in a coaching contest with Olive Oil.