1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Clueless. Warriors were losing for years and they bounce back. All it takes is a solid foundation of rookies, vet and a hc. We currently have at best the rookies. We have a poor coach and vets that are acting like divas.

Until we get rid of the bad apples, we aren't winning anything.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

posters like u wanted to prop this guy up and excuse his past actions…y’all will be the same ones coming to his defense when he fcks up the next time

not me

KPJr is the same guy who had issues in high school, was suspended and kicked off the team in college, was suspended and told to stay away from the team in Cleveland, was traded for a top 55 protected pick even tho CF was saying he’d be a top 5 pick in this past draft easy, and now here he is again

in Cleveland, it was reported he violated MULTIPLE rules before being told to stay away, not to mention his trouble with the law

and we’re talking about Hakeem…

lol, ok

KPJr is more in line with young JR Smith

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You think Lucas only works with him inside Toyota Center? You can't can't force a mfer to get outside help even if that's the case...

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lucas is not even close to qualified to deal with mental health issues.

This kid needs someone OUTSIDE of the org to deal with to work through his issues...mental health issues are no joke.

DD

charlieaustin and bmelo like this.
  5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I gave 3 examples and you gave 1 example from Silicon Valley in dot.com era, a team which the owner is happy to pay luxury tax.

OK, I am clueless, one third of your cluelessness level.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ted_Lasso_Photo_020307.jpg

daywalker02 and javal_lon like this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive .. But people use the term " mental health" way too much when it comes to stupidity... It's honestly a slap to the face of those that really have it but don't have the resources to control it... This young dumb mfer has more than enough resources to overcome his "****ed up way of thinking" ...

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Suns, nuggets, Bulls.

They were sht and they still bounce back. Folks like 2 think tanking is a dumb strat but there's no surefire way of succeeding.

In life u have to fail to succeed, no one blazes through everything successfully.

Our org really needs capable vets and a hc otherwise we aren't winning sht. But keep blaming losing culture as the reason y the sht happened

#488 DatRocketFan, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  9. DaDakota

Not without help, he has mental health issues....the org, if they value their asset should be helping deal with it.

DD

10. amaru

amaru Member

Lucas has come a long way since then. What has Porter accomplished besides wearing out his welcome at every stop? There is no future with Porter.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I see his value as a player and think it is worth it to try and help him get straightened out. Maybe a basketball team is not the right place to try and help a young person get straight, but you don’t know anything about him or what the organization is trying to do to help him. He is 21 years old. Thank God my family and friends didn’t give up on me when I made stupid decisions at that age. I don’t see the harm in continuing to work with such an obvious talent. I know you don’t see it, but Lebron and countless others do. If we released him, I guarantee he will be a Laker in 10 minutes. You really come off as a heartless person, with a very poor eye when it comes to basketball potential.

GotGame15 likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

It would be hilarious if Wall refused to come back. The Rockets would deserve that.

Salvy likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

That dude just spitting verbal diarrhea all over.

Rockets players don't respect Lucas because Lucas ****ed up his own career and they KNOW it. "Why would they listen to him?"
    Rockets don't have a plan for Porter; acquired him willy-nilly without help or plan of action
    Hakeem used to throw tantrums too!
    Porter has a "burning desire to win".

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich and Reeko like this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

The problem is KPJ ceiling is rookie Steve Francisand not Hakeem

15. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Your caveman mentality may not allow you to reason.
    The Rockets negotiated the possibility of Wall not playing to develop young talent, it was not a one-sided decision by Wall.
    In this team there is no other player who can assume the role of leader, so I used the conditional.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Jalen and Sengun needs defence, team needs hard hand…. Why didnt they hire JVG once again?

Ankara1923 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see his value too…his value is that of a “PG” that can’t shoot, has horrid efficiency, and makes bad decisions on and off the court

Idk what bad decisions u were making at 21, but we are talking about a professional basketball team paying this man a contract and quickly approaching the time where a decision will need to be made to extend him (he probably just ruined that) or match a contract in RFA, not family and friends

let him go to the Lakers then…their season sure is going well, they could really use the potential headache

Bron was able to control JR Smith, maybe he can keep KPJr in check too

Lemme guess, u think KPJr has star potential or something?

charlieaustin and bmelo like this.
  18. DaDakota

All truisms.....and should be considered in calculus of the situation.

Do you have anything that says that the Rox have a mental health plan for him? Is he seeing a psychiatrist outside of the organization?

Do you have any exerience dealing with people with mental health issues? I certainly do.

DD

19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Failing is different than "continues losing". Hope you get the difference. Anyway, enjoy your masochistic journey. We were taught "calismak kazanmak icin, oynamak utmek" means "work to earn, play to win".

Different environment, different ideas. Good luck

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks wanting to get rid of kpj so badly. Do u think doing this will prevent another future event from happening in the future?

All I know is our franchise still can't handle players properly.

In the future if green or sengun pouts or lash out, the solution is to get rid of them?

mario_v and DaDakota like this.