1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Silas needs to be gone after this season ends and we need to bring someone like JVG in here. Right now Jalen is still young and isn't dropping 30 a night...but that could change quickly if he reaches his potential.

If we wait until after next season, or even worse, the season after we are going to risk having Harden 2.0 (or literally name any superstar who had a weak/soft coach) and he's not going to listen to some guy we bring in because in his mind he's already a walking bucket so who cares if he takes possessions off on defense or makes several careless/stupid turnovers every game.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Be consistent double d. No more divas. Wood is actually even more of a diva than Harden ever was.

Who the fks refuses to b subbed in during a half?

If we r gonna b worst so b it. We are already at the bottom.

I was already irritated that he puts up inferior arden like stat but his lack of effort is too noticeable.

Richie_Rich, bmelo and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would it have been better if he had left the arena at halftime to go to a liquor store and get drunk only to return and play the 2nd half?

We put up with that from Ron Artest.

If he was being benched already to "clear his head", I have less of an issue with him doing so at home than I do a scenario where he was set to play and he just refused to.

4. conquistador#11

Tea pot, coach Knight and George Costanza all had fathers. Don't know why that's being used with Porter.
    When you have issues of that nature, it's a challenge to control yourself. Not excusing it, just emotions fly on impulse.
    Wood on the other hand deliberately sabotaged his effort level.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sweet Melon said Hi putting his hoodie on.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I must have missed that part, can you show me where they told him he wasn't playing in he second half? If they told him that then it changes quite a bit, but I didn't see where that was reported.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unfortunately, this has happened in the past - with our team, even Hakeem faked an injury at one time in a contract dispute.....

We as fans are reacting, but the org will need to calmly take a look at this and do what is best......Since, we all agree Wood has an issue, it would be best to play the HELL out of him to build up his numbers and then jettison him at the trade deadline.

So, I expect the team to suspend him a game, and for them to play the hell out of him before he is traded...

DD

mario_v likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wood fcked up and was the cause of his own benching, then he refuses to sub back into the game

unreal

both these idiots need to be sent packin…get rid of these morons

9. juanming

juanming Member

It's Trump's fault

10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

KPJ also JUST turned 21. Wood is what, 26 or 27 years old already? That is a HUGE difference in my mind. Just thinking back to the stupid crap I did at 21 makes me want to throw up thinking about it. By the time I was 26/27 I wasn't making stupid decisions...at least not often anyway lol

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly if u can't control your temper, leaving and avoiding any further confrontation is sometime the best strat.

I don't approve of it but it is a legit strat.

Deesecalate the situation by avoiding confrontation. It's unprofessional, but it better that kpj didn't completely blows up and render the situation unfixable.

Wood on the hand flat out refused to play, that's such a btch ass move.

Patience and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, it would’ve been better if his dumbass didn’t storm off like a little child after his temper tantrum

I wonder what object this idiot threw this time before he stormed off?

13. DaDakota

If you are KPJ and when you left the game you were playing VERY WELL and the team was in the lead, then when you come back you enter a game in which we are getting killed.

Then you go to the locker room and the coach blames you for the situation - when you literally had the team winning and were playing well - and basically had no part in the bit where the team caved in......

That is not good coaching, that is the opposite of good coaching, and players are going to notice that stuff - especially those like Porter who burn to win - and have mental health issues.

I dunno, I just think that this is blown out of proportion, and that Lucas is as much of the problem here as Porter is........you need to know how best to motivate and talk to your players - each one has different buttons to push to get the most of out them.....some guys respond to a boot in the ass, some respond to an arm around the shoulder....everyone is different and a coach needs to know each players trigger points.

DD

Plowman and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Some here voted in the poll for the KPJ thread that they thought he could be a Franchise Player ot Borderline All-Star. They were wrong, as usual, and now want to blame others in the organization.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was in the Jonathan Feigen story. KPJ had gotten so worked up at halftime, they told him he was going to sit the second half in order to clear his head and calm down, that's when he left. Wood was supposed to play the 2nd half, he just refused to do so.

harold bingo likes this.
  16. DaDakota

What do you think the organizations' job is?

Isn't it to get the most out of the players?

The org rots from the top down.

DD

17. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Seemed like it was just a matter of time. I feel sorry for him. He's got some issues that could derail his career. Coddling him was only going to work for so long. Like trying to hold back a volcano.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at all these weak deflections for Porter’s actions…KPJr fanbois are too funny

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. DaDakota

That is why you need a plan and someone to work with him outside of basketball to deal with his issues.

DD

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks, didn't know this part. I had only seen the espn article and the one on the athletic last night before I went to bed, neither of them had this detail. Well, that does change quite a bit for me. That's not nearly as bad...but it's still pretty bad. Agreed that Woods situation is worse, though.

Here's the quote from the article for anyone interested.

HP3 likes this.