1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

We desperately need to draft a PG this summer. A top 3 pick on a point guard may actually be the smartest move and let Stone look for size afterwards

PeterKingX likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's quite hard to b that mad at this young ass player when your vets wood and wall are being a bit more of a diva than he was.

He's 21 and immature as fk, but then u look at the "franchise" players wall and wood sitting out. We should have gotten rid of these 2 by now

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's the byproduct of letting these young dudes run wild. We need someone like a JVG as head coach. Weed out the kids that are there for the fame and the likes.

charlieaustin and DaDakota like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We need CP3. That is exactly the type of vet presence this team needs.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that banana boat has sailed

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is worse than his Cavs incident

this dude threw something yet again, and then left the arena at halftime

Losing his temper again is 1 thing, but leaving the arena mid-game? Are u serious?

7. fchowd0311

It's wishful thinking at this point. I know but I just get frustrated knowing we once had the best vet pg in the league and if we somehow kept him he would literally be the best mentor vet for our young guards in the entire league.

DaDakota and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

This is what happens when you keep losing just like the Texans.

Ankara1923 and Texanasiafan like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we went all in on Harden and now here we are

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

One has to ask where was Eric Gordon in all of this?

Wall is a fking diva refusing to play, woods is a being a fking diva even when playing. Theis got phased out and is 2 new to b the leader.

Where did Eric go?

jcmoon and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

very similar pattern - both like to hold on to terrible coach which is probably one of the worst in the league.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

maybe a Lebron could babysit and keep someone like KPJr under control like he did JR Smith, but it’s not gonna happen here

in Houston, it’s a bunch of young guys and vets like John Wall, Wood, and EG who barely talks and probably doesn’t give a fck because the team sucks…KPJr will run wild

jcmoon and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

I'm fine with Wall. I don't think he's a problem for the young guys. Im pretty sure it was a mutual decision for Wall not to play and isn't just Wall not wanting to play. That doesn't mean I don't want him gone.

PeterKingX likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea sure blame it on tanking, not bc we have literally no capable vet mentoring or a capable coach to prevent it from happening.

Like look our vets wall and woods. U expect anyone to listen if u have those two sitting out and not playing? Its the org fault not the tanking strat.

Ps Texans aren't tanking they just have a shtty front office and r trying to fix the aftermath

vator likes this.
  15. Sengun

Sengun Member

It is not possible to understand the people who still defend this disgrace. KPJ picks up a fight in the locker room, throws an object at one of the coaches and leaves the game during a break. All of them are worse than each other and especially leaving from arena requires his expulsion. Some guys still say to be given "one more chance". I'm asking because of just my curiosity and no offense please, are you stupid? This guy had already done these absurdity in Cleveland, Houston gave him a chance and brought him here. Now he is doing the same things again. How many more chances should he be given? He's a mentally lousy guy and there's no guarantee he won't do the same crap tomorrow. Whether or not this guy should be kicked, we need to realize that he will no longer be the future PG of this team and we have to find a real PG. The best thing KPJ can be is a sixth man but due to his mental problems, I don't think he'll ever be able to do it. I think he will be a "trade slut" type player who changes teams every season.

As for Wood, I don't remember how many times I've written that this guy is the king of empty stats and has no place in the current project. I hope people who are thinking of giving super max to such a soft, non-screener, low game intelligence and toxic player will give up this nonsense now. He's so braindead that his trade value has completely bottomed out after his absurdity yesterday.

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Having a "heated argument" with coaches is no big deal. That probably happens all the time on every team in any sport.

"Throwing an object"....ok, that's not good, but still is kinda meh. It's not the end of the world.

But storming out of the god damn arena during the middle of a game? That's REALLY bad, as in potentially "getting cut from the team bad". That tells me that the player is a cancer and a headcase. The Rockets need to address this swiftly and decisively. Porter Jr needs to be cut, and he is jeopardizing his NBA career. Dude's giving me Delonte West or JR Rider vibes.

Wood refusing to sub in is a really bad look too. He has no respect for authority. I don't think he'll be in Houston for much longer.

Weak leadership (both coaches and vet players) isn't helping matters here either. Silas might be too nice for his own good.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude should be GONE if Silas & Stone want to keep the locker room. You have to make an example of this kid’s behavior. The last thing you want is for Green, Sengun, & Christopher to think this is how you conduct yourself as an NBA player..

It’s time to dump Wood’s soft ass too. He’s got a superstar’s attitude with role player talent. Trade him ASAP.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol. We kept houses ass even after he literally blew up any chance of victory in the bubble playoffs.

I think kpj isn't going anywhere. Wood though u need to trade, I 100% will not max contact him so trade him for value b4 he walks for free

jcmoon and vator like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Refusing to sub in to a game is infinitely worse than a player leaving after being told he wasn't going to play the second half.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

I think it was wishful thinking to believe Wood would be a veteran presence on the team. A lot of people forgot that he has a history of having a sh***y attitude dating back to college. I guess he reigned it in enough to get minutes in Detroit and a subsequent contract but there have been signs of this since he's been w the Rockets. Dude has always been a me first player and now its manifesting itself in the worst way possible.

vator likes this.