1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Oh sh*t…that hurts us
    [​IMG]

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - LUCAS calls out.......

WTF is Silas doing?

Lucas should not be calling anyone out if Silas was a quality coach and leader.

DD

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets have given KPJ everything, including stunting Jalen's growth so they could mold him into a PG. not a good look for KPJ. This will happen again.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It would be interesting to see how the Rockets handle KPJ this time around. All the talk about saving his life, and history repeats itself.

I feel like KPJ will calm down and apologize and we will suspend him for a game.

Wood is a entirely different issue. It wasnt even basketball related, he got benched for missing covid test and the straight up mailed it in on the court and refused to play.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Then it's a good thing he dislikes Green so much because Green has been killing it.

6. amaru

amaru Member

I figured the Rockets were going to have to pick one between Porter Jr and Green but it looks like “Scoot” scooted out of the way for Green

FrontRunner, jcmoon, aaquaa and 3 others like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We gave KPJ too much responsibility which he can't handle. Move him back to the bench where he can get a short leash if he's playing dumb

Joe Rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I will continue to say kpj and wood are cancers. Wood violates team rule—gets benched, Now Kpj with more of this pouty ****. Get these guys away from Green!!!!

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And regarding John Wall….

The Rockets should’ve come up with a better plan than to simply sit Wall and not play him. That was dumb. Even if you feared him getting hurt it’s not like teams are beating down the door for him now anyways. And some teams may not even want a rusty injury prone John Wall to try to take into the playoffs and then they are stuck with that contract.

He should’ve always been playing. And if KPJ couldn’t handle learning the position behind him coming off the bench then that would’ve been the red flag right there that he was still an immature headcase.

And now they need a pg. They need Wall. He wanted to come back and they stiff armed him. If I’m Wall I would keep training privately and if the Rockets asked me to come back I would give them the double barrel salute and ask them how they felt about sidelining him for KPJ now.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Keep Green and Sengun FAR away from these dudes. Don't want them catching their crazy.

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

K…that's a good news! Teams loves vets who are eager to win n can putting up big numbers (double double) night in night out lol
    [​IMG]

PeterKingX and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

exactly.. who does he think he is? Rockets are the only team who have had very few omarion cases and Wood is mad the Rockets are following protocol? Wood is so annoying..

Just let the children play! I bet you anything Garuba, Nix, Queen, etc are early to take thier covid test if that means they can play.

13. DaDakota

Silas should be in charge, not Lucas - he and his cocaine habit killed the Rockets in the 80s......he is not one to point fingers.

We need a strong coach.

DD

a time to chill likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you get it.

[​IMG]

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Send him to Brooklyn with the other quitter

Rocketeer4Life and groovemachine like this.
  16. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don’t see a future with Kevin Porter Jr. Basically, we have to handle him with kid gloves so that we hope there isn’t an incident like tonight. I think the ESPN article earlier this season was very telling. John Lucas really pushes Jalen Green every chance he gets, but he has to essentially treat Kevin Porter Jr differently based on how he feels that day. It is not a sustainable culture when you a pinning your hopes that such a mercurial player. He better be worth it like a Dennis Rodman or Ron Artest (all star caliber players). And to make that work, you have to have a veteran, star laden team. Even Mad Max (merely a starting caliber player) got a quick boot in the middle of the 1995 Utah playoffs when the headaches were no longer worth it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have to cut KPJ at some point. I’m hoping we can still at least get a 1st for Christian Wood at the deadline.

34to11, amaru, Two Sandwiches and 9 others like this.
  17. DaDakota

I will bet this blows over, but if KPJ can't get his mentality right, you got to move on......the landscape is littered with talented players who could not get past their own head.

DD

18. Mattician

Mattician Member

I never thought Porter or Wood were part of the future anyway.

Porter was a nice story and I'm glad Houston gave him the opportunity. I just think Green and the team are better without him.

19. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Cavs Fleeced us.

I get being mad and throwing a tantrum on the bench/locker room, but leaving the game is child ****.

Zero impulse control, KPJ will be out of the league by his 24th birthday at the latest.

amaru, jcmoon, aaquaa and 7 others like this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Any coach in an organisation can call out players, especially one who's spoken in interviews about the good cop/bad cop dynamic they have with the head coach, it's literally his role in the coaching staff. Lots of these skirting around the subject posts, not a single one actually criticising the players. It harms your credibility when you don:t call out garbage behaviour by players just because you've hitched your wagon to them over the ones with actual character. I thought you said you were a coach?