1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 27, 2019.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am excited to go see this, waiting a week for the crowds to die down

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agree on BW being more of a show than a big action movie. In fact, it would have been better as a 6 hour series.

With Disney’s focus on growing and retaining Disney+ numbers, we’ll probably see more Disney+ shows, less solo MCU Movies and more ‘event’ massive crossover action movies like Avengers and Spidey 3 going forward.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Civil war was really an Avengers movie. It was like a do over for Ultron. I rank this Spidey a little above civil war because of all the history they put in this one.

I don't know if I like Disney+ being a minor league for the MCU, but it's worth a shot.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Saw this last night; absolutely terrific

Gasped audibly when Andrew Garfield came through the portal

Tobey Macguire got old as F

Loved the dialogue between those 2 before the big fight, and the meta joke with Amazing over and over again for Garfield

William Dafoe is still incredible 20 years later as Goblin

Didn't see Aunt May dying

Was waiting for Venom to join the fight any minute and don't get him until the credit scene where he leaves some symbiote behind probably to find this universe's Eddie Brock? Who actually likes Tom Hardy's Venom though?

I wonder how they will close this Spider-Man out; Tom Holland has gone on record saying he wants to give up acting to raise a family so the end must be coming soon? Everyone forgets who he is and no one knows he's Spiderman so you probably see remnants of the OG Spiderman where he's just a freelancer at the Daily Bugle and he meets Brock there?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

On your last point. I think Holland is just maneuvering for a huge paycheck on the next deal. Zendaya is too smart to have kids.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Beezy

Beezy Member

You have to think that Marvel/Sony is trying to get Miles Morales worked in ASAP so they have a replacement for Holland-Man if needed.

7. Xerobull

Holland has a good case for getting a fat raise. If you look at the box office correlation with leading characters in a series getting recast, it’s usually a big hit to profit. Keeping Holland on as the engine for printing money is a no brainer.

Biological Imperative has nothing to do with intelligence.

I don’t think Sony wants to replace the main Spider-Man. They want to build the spider-verse and having Miles is part of that. If you look at the comics, Peter and Miles both exist in the main continuity, along with several other spider-characters with similar powers like the Crimson Spider and Silk.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

DISAGREE

Xerobull likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I heard Morales will be in the next Dr Strange movie. But he kind of exists already in "our" (sacred timeline?) MCU. Or at least... his family does.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

loved it

I give it a 10/10, would watch again and recommend to a friend

love Dr. Strange, so this movie already got a bump from me because of that alone…his mirror dimension got me like

[​IMG]

it’s very trippy

no dull moments for me in this movie, I was invested from the opening credits

can’t wait for that new Dr. Strange movie

B-Bob, mikol13, Slyonebluejay and 3 others like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

1 slight problem I had was that miracle box just chillin in Happy’s apartment was a little too convenient.

Is there anything that box couldn’t do? It was just there chillin like an old washer and dryer set or an old car covered up in the garage, but it’s capable of anything.

12. Xerobull

There were definitely some plot points that were a stretch. Strange doing the spell, Strange leaving the alternates to the kids to ‘Scooby Doo’.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Question

When Holland is chatting with Happy in the cementary, Happy asks
    "how did you know her" and he responds "through Spider Man"
    ???
    Someone explain that one to me.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm not buying the hype. Honestly all the Tom Holland movies, while better overall than the other iterations, have been middle tier Marvel movies for me. None of them would crack my top 10 and I haven't been inclined to see them more than once. Sure, they're fun, they're good, and I can appreciate the character arc of Holland's Parker, but something about them just doesn't quite land with me.

With No Way Home, there are too many wtf moments, especially with the story's setup, that just becomes frustrating. Plus the movie felt really long with all the exposition and character development. A little too much humor as well. Why is Jon Favreau's Happy character getting so much screen time? It was humorous at first, but it's a tired act now.

Into the Spiderverse is still tops for me. I'd maybe even rank Spiderman 2 above the Holland movies, but they are fun.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Watched this yesterday. Was sad that Marissa Tomei is out. Gorgeous girl that is always fun to look at.

Movie was great. My son said I had to watch & he wasn't wrong.

I loved the chemistry that the 3 had together. I expected cameos and we got great performances; Garfield's being the best. I'd like to see him reprise the role the same as Affleck after seeing Snyder's Justice league.

They used the enemies well in this, and watching Spidey 1 fight off Spidey 3 killing off Goblin was great. Showed that they didn't want him to do what they had done (which was inferred by 2 after Gwen's death)

Will definitely watch again.

And for the kids younger than 45? The end song was a remake of this old schoolhouse rock song.

OkayAyeReloaded and Jontro like this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

And my son showed me this, as he does classical music (although he's always partial to Star Wars)

I had to then show him the original 1960's song he wasn't aware of.

He thought it was pretty cool.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well at least he didn’t sneak in outside bought candy
    Watching spidey is serious yo

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

he can't say she's his aunt cus no one remembers he existed. what's i'd like to know is what happy meant when he said "me too."

does aunt may know spiderman? or is it referring to her shelter work and spidey used to show up to help?

19. Xerobull

It’s all magic.

Jontro likes this.
  20. Xerobull

That’s why I don’t go out after dark. Only bad people out at night.