1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 12/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is reason why trading EVERY vet strategy never makes any sense.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

With our luck somehow the NBA postpones this game due to COVID or our team gets hit with COVID and this ends up being a boring game where a bunch of g leaguers play

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

At this point, it would be more logical to sideline the non-covid players and just play covid vs covid.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I am pro tank, that said, winning this game could be the best move for the team. With us getting Miami's pick, one extra loss for them could move the Rockets up a slot or two in draft. I just hope one win doesn't impact our ability at top pick too much. Orlando and Detroit seem locked for 1 and 2, but I would like to see us stay at #3.

Last year's victory over Milwaukee checked all the boxes for me. It gave the Bucks a loss when we had their pick and it had no impact on our draft odds. KPJ's 50 and 10 was really encouraging then as well.

The Heat really weathered their injury storm the last few weeks and I'm surprised nobody made a thread about it. The Heat kept winning with lesser known players stepping up big. Miami could easily be .500 right now.

Spooner likes this.
  6. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

For good reason too. Look how he's strangling that puppy, the heartless b*****d!:mad:

7. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Add to that the optics. The only way teams win is by attracting superstar free agents. They wont go where FOs have a history of burning vets. No doubt, we have potential stars, but I hope we can build a Miami Hear culture that no individual is bigger than the franchise.

8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Remember when the heat fans were so offended the rockets dared to ask to include herro in a harden trade lol they ain't never getting past nets or bucks

CK Johnson likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

It's already 2022 on this side of the world! Happy new year, fellas!

Let's beat the Heat to usher in a wonderful 2022! And if we lose, it helps the tanks so it will also usher in a wonderful 2022!

Aww yeah

juanm34 likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

There is a lot going on in that picture.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

what about Theis? he gets no credit for being a vet pro's pro

juanm34 likes this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Denver just signed 3 players so hopefully that game gets played tomorrow

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Will you go into seclusion?

vator likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I know you disagree, but I agree with Philly's tank strategy from years ago. It took one of the luckiest bounces in NBA history by Kawhi to keep them out of the finals where they would have played a hobbled Golden State. Also, had Fultz not had one of the most mysterious careers in NBA history, they could have been very good the last 4 or 5 years, or even better, kept their pick and drafted Tatum.

All that said, I don't want the Rockets to tank for 5 or 6 years in a row. I think this should be the last season. Hinkie was quite the hero in Philly for a while for the position he put that team in. "Trust the Process" was their slogan and even had 30 for 30 episode. Most Philly fans today would tell you that Hinkie got a raw deal.

Lastly, you're using the most extreme example of tanking in NBA history as your baseline. It's like if I said I'm going to go on a diet to lose a few pounds, and you say "diets are bad, look at Karen Carpenter". Not every example needs to be taken to the extreme.

Bo6 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

18. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

@hakeem94 ain't reading any of that ****.

Tanking is a valid tactic, however. Very hard to find Hakeems when drafting 6th overall.

withmustard likes this.
  19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Guys, are they playing tonight?

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

If they are playing Silas should start Sengun at Point forward and let him play 28 minutes a game and I promise you we will WIN

[​IMG]