1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Any character issues he might have are ridiculously blown out of proportion. He’s not a bad dude. Not at all. He is a stretch 5 who is physically weak, below average on defense, but also incredibly talented for a guy his size. My frustration with him is that he’s not reaching his potential here. He can be an all-star, but he needs to improve, and it’s not coming in areas that should be easy such as hitting his free throws, playing with better defensive intensity, etc. His skill set for a guy his size is honestly phenomenal. He could be so much more than he is right now, but I just don’t know if he’ll get there.

2. futilman

futilman Member

this is a response I would’ve made when I was 10 years old. You don’t acknowledge any of his issues because 22 points and 6 rebounds impresses you so much?

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You haven't seen him being selfish? or pouting? ...demanding shots. C'mon. Are you being disingenuous or obtuse? So much YOU. ;)

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No, I have not and you have not either.

No need to get in your feelings about him.;)

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, I think he could potentially net us a lottery pick or two. At the end of the day it's about how much does another team value him, right?

Wizards for example are trying to compete. If they continue on their current trajectory, even if they send us the picks I proposed, the likelihood of them becoming lottery picks are pretty small.

No I don't want Porzingis, I want the picks. I'll take Porzingis knowing that's the only guy they can trade to us, so willing to work with him, even though I know it would likely be bust, but for the draft capital, I'm willing to take a shot.

I don't necessarily want to draft more rookies, but I do want to load up on assets for futures trades and FRPs have always had a lot of value in this league, especially depending on which draft they are available.

Keeping my options open knowing damn well that EG is not part of the future here and Wood is not a player I have an attachment to unlike some around these parts.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Either you think he sucks or you do not.

A Lottery pick is different than multiple lottery picks or young guys that just got picked in the lottery over the last 2 years , especially considering he only has 1 year remaining on his deal.

Just saying let's be realistic here if we can get an end of lottery or mid 1st rounder for any of these guys we should be happy, especially considering you do not think Wood is very good.

I would rather Wood leave in FA than take on Porzingus contract and middling 1st round picks.

My point here is either you think Wood is a good enough player to get really assets or not, you can't say he sucks and then think you are getting multiple assets for him like lottery picks and young guys who just got picked in the lottery.

7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Wood will never be a All Star because he is always injury prone, passive(crying to the ref because someone pushed him) and scared to take the last shot but he wants a MAX SALARY???

aaquaa likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I do not understand where I said he sucks? Maybe the tone of my post gave off that vibe? I never said he sucks. I do think his defense sucks. I think he is a good offensive player but just doesn't fit in our current scheme of things. That doesn't mean I think he sucks, so stop making up stuff I personally did not say.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He's just not going to be a part of the next time this team matters, I think. If you can trade him for a bunch of picks, you need to do it. That's not a knock on him at all!

11. StrawberryJamm

Star players pick better tattoos.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

6 boards while being the only legit big man on the floor. Outrebounded 48/30? Two clowns got triple doubles?

Who did he defend? Olay!

How many of those 133 came in the paint? Hard foul maybe?

Dude, can you set a softer pick than that?

Free throws are no longer free.

13. a time to chill

C Wood is still an important piece to this team, but we can't rely on him to get offensive rebounds. Once Jae'Sean Tate and Garrison Mathews return Rockets will get better at rebounding.

aaquaa likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I don’t feel “some kind of way”, I feel like Christian Wood does not have a future on this team. It is a highly specific feeling.

Is being lackadaisical on the basketball court a character issue? Soft, lackadaisical, body language of a child, a lack of competitiveness to grab loose balls, etc. unwilling to sacrifice himself for teammates, especially when screening or rotating on defense. Need we list more on court character issues?

15. hakeemthagreat

Who's gonna start if we trade him? Plus like Sengun, he's young let him grow & get better

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don’t think he’s as bad a player as some of you guys think he is. But, I don’t think he’s a max player. I don’t think he’s a guy that will be the best player on a team that is a contender. I don’t think he will be happy here long term. He does seem to be injury prone. So, I think we should see what we can get for him. He’s just not a great fit for this team at this time.

Deckard and Patience like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If folks don't want to trade him for value, that's understandable. Wood does have certain skillet that r good, but I honestly think if u r gonna max contact someone, Wood is not someone u should sign.

varughese.arun likes this.
  18. varughese.arun

C. Wood has LDS ( Little Dick Syndrome)

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know what y'all expect from Wood to be so mad at him. He's a #3 option on a real NBA team; right now he's trying to be the #1 guy on a JV team.

I do think it would probably be best for the long-term if we trade him sooner than later, but I'm not 100% confident about that.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Wood should be a teams 3rd or 4th option behind some proven players. He can not think he is the best player on the team. Why would he not go in the post and get Lebron in foul trouble? Oh its because he wants to shoot 3's. I do not hate him being on the team, but i do not have an issue if we trade him for a 7th round pick. (yes, I know there is not 7 rounds in the draft)

aaquaa likes this.