1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Future is Bright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 27, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Merr chrsm, cluchfa!!
    - Jalen Green

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was eating away at the alphabet.

#22 daywalker02, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    burlesk and napalm06 like this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

Sengun and Jokic are not the same archetype. Jokic is bigger, he can shoot over guys, sees the court better from a higher vantage point, has tremendous arm for very long passes, etc.

Sengun has much quicker feet (my nickname for him when we drafted him was Whirling Dervish… seems apt), and generally looks like a better athlete.

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

sigh… Should I start talking myself into White KD? That kid. is giving me Shawn Bradley vibes, TBH…

clos4life likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's an Orc?

Jontro likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fun fact: Alpi's free throw % in his MVP season in Turkey was the same as Jokic's in his rookie NBA season (81%), however at 6.2 FTA (Alpi) vs. 2.4 FTA (Jokic).

Alpi also had eye-popping FG% (.646) and steal and block numbers in Turkey.

The flashes of brilliance he has already shown in the NBA are not a fluke.

He will be elite.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I wish we could somehow trade Wood for Kuminga

xaos likes this.
  9. juanming

juanming Member

The future is not bright as long as China is around

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

WTF does China have to do with how well our roster plays? Yao doesn't play here anymore.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

something something Steve Francis alcoholism anti-vax

burlesk, cmlmel77, Roomba and 6 others like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont care about no future, future never comes, instead give me good team now, fire silas, play sengun and tru sengun more...future is just a delusion weak teams use to delude themselves into not being good now and now is the only time that maters and the only time there is and that ever was...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. @heypartner makes some good points, as do you, @AroundTheWorld and some others here. Many seem to expect "overnight" success, and not just from Alperen. That we have so many good, and a couple of potentially great 19 year old players is pretty mind blowing.

Heck, with Sengun, as I've said before, and I'm not alone, I see a future star. To me, it isn't that he won't be an outstanding player. It's more a question of just how great he can be. I feel that strongly about him. Green has that kind of potential, but I don't feel the same certainty. That's OK. I didn't have much of an opinion of Josh Christopher when we drafted him, sorta shrugged and thought, "guess we'll see." Well, we're starting to see and I like what I'm seeing.

It's a little amusing to see the arguing, often heated, about any sort of criticism aimed at, and take your pick, any of our rookies. Especially Sengun and Green. People seem to forget just how young they are. They have a hell of a lot to learn, regardless of their background. It's a process they're going to have to go through. Heck, some of them are still growing, and in length, not just packing on pounds of muscle. We can compare them to different star players, it's one of the things we do here, all of us, but they're at the beginning of their careers in the league.

We tend to stamp them so firmly with our expectations that when there's a bump in the road, like the injury to Green that cost him a good bit of time and games, some members seem to rush to declare the sky is falling. It's very early days for that, in my opinion. I'm going to try and enjoy the ride, and hope that the setbacks some of them will have won't freak me out. They might!

burlesk, clos4life, cmoak1982 and 6 others like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice, but i prefer him to add muscle and be a yanis type guy... imho it could be easier to add muscle than midrange and 3 pt shot...
    and we all know janis dominate without having midrange or 3pt shot....
    hed be like better yanis with a lot better tehnique and passing..pretty much goatesque type of player
    just my 2 cents

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

@hakeem94 , bro, I’m with ya, but the strength of my convictions is slowly leaving me…
    Alpi is great but he’s got ways to go, as does Jaygup. These two + Wood + KPJ are our best bets, but none of them is nowhere near to top 15-20 NBA player in the foreseeable near future. So we’re probably talking looooong term. And in the loooooong term maybe JGreen and/or Garuba and/or whatever WhiteKD/BlackBlake or whoever comes our way, some of those may make a leap, who knows…

So I agree the future is bright, but is a waaaaay distant future…

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

clos4life and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

So bright you gotta wear shades :cool:?

(Reference old enough to be Sengun's dad :(:confused:)

AroundTheWorld and Deckard like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it seems to me silas has fooled you... if sengun isnt top 20 hed never pulled him out to allow the champs to beat us and break the streak....wed still be streaking were it not for silals sabotaging us....

basketball is game of momentum and nuances...
    difference between best and worst teams is not much... coaching dedication home crowd psychology can help the gap to narrow...

look at gsw last year didnt even sniff the playoffs
    NOW, the best team in nba with same roster...
    so dont let silas fool you...we have a special squad and its time is NOW...

NewAge likes this.