1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun is a black hole

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2021.

1. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I think a player like Sengun and Joker our the future of offenses in the NBA . Teams will evolve to playing off the PG and allow big men like Sengun create the offense . Call me crazy . Hope that make sense .

2. monster

monster Member

Pathetic that every other thread ends up about race, and a couple guys calling each other idiots. Please learn how to respectfully disagree and move on.

Sengun is showing a lot of maturity for a 19yr old. We need guys who want to take control. However, I don’t think he’s a black hole at all. Smart, and a good team player. I hate to compare him to Vlade Divac, but that’s who he reminds me of, and I would be very satisfied if Sengun became Vlade. I think he’ll be better.

He had 2 of the top 4 rookie plays of the week.

clos4life, King1, aaquaa and 2 others like this.
  3. vince

vince Member

So sad that some folks need to disparage elite talents that don’t fit or look the new modern NBA. But the NBA did overtly exploit Bird vs. Magic / and then Bird vs. Jordan for its very racial overtones, so the mob of fools will be fools and gobble it up till the hate in their heart extinguishes via a miracle…

FYI, divided we fall…

cmoak1982 and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

On the 'black hole', if I'm scouting Sengun, the first thing I'd do is to look for steal / deflect, because Sengun (almost to a fault) is predictably a pass first big. Even if he drives, I'd tell my team to look for that trailer (Wood/KJ), because chances are after Sengun drives to the basket, he probably is still looking to pass.

Yup. both guys don't even play the same position. To have a really good team, need at least 2-3 really decent players. This shouldn't be a OR conversation.

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Not sure what everyone is arguing about but I'm looking forward to seeing Sengun, Green and Christopher grow together. Throw in KJ, Garuba, Tate, our top-5ish pick in 2022 and Wood/KPJ (or whatever we get for them in a trade), and the future is looking incredibly bright.

I'm not sure if Sengun or Green has the higher ceiling, but it's completely irrelevant for 2 reasons:

#1) They serve completely different roles that should work with each other. This isn't a Tatum vs Jaylen Brown case where they clearly overlap positionally/functionally, or even a Embiid vs Simmons case where they both excel in the same part of the floor. One of our guys is an unusually unique offensive fulcrum from the big-man spot, who projects as a key playmaker and secondary scorer who spends most of his time inside of 18 feet, while Green projects as a high-flying scoring wing who excels in transition, slashing and could/should turn into a legit threat from deep.

#2) They're both 19 and we have them locked in on rookie deals for 4 years each.

fryjol7, Ankara1923, jcmoon and 6 others like this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think you are underrating Vlade. Not saying VORP is a perfect measure but he's 75th all time in the NBA and around other big men like Brand, Marc Gasol, Horford, Aldridge, Paul Millsap, etc. Vlade is a hall of famer on his overall basketball resume but his stats put him in those class of players I named that are really good but just outside the Hall of Fame level.

Also, I think the Sengun/Vlade comparison is a fair one and I have no idea where the bigot thing came in lol.

clos4life and hakeemthagreat like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

Correct. Vlade was a solid player & professional. Some here would think if you don't believe Sengun's a superstar, it's somehow something more than basketball. I just think he's going to be a role player, not a central point of a nba of a nba offense

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is 19 (6th youngest player in the NBA) and was MVP of a good professional league at 18. He has shown plenty of flashes of brilliance in his first NBA games. His per 36 stats put him in elite company.

So you "think" he is going to be a role player, but the evidence speaks against what you "think".

#188 AroundTheWorld, Dec 26, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  9. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry guys wanted upload a photo but the URL dont works... [​IMG]

#189 Germanturk, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not to mention cap space in 1.5 years and all of Brooklyn's future serving as further development projects and trade capital. Really good core, maybe bestyoung core in the NBA.

AroundTheWorld, cmoak1982 and jcmoon like this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

Evidence and protection are 2 different things

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here
    [​IMG]

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's real black hole material. SCIENCE

hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What?

aaquaa, hakeemthagreat and robbie380 like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Re-read your own post bro

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What?

daywalker02 and aaquaa like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What?

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. aaquaa