1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

WB lol 14 points on 20 shots but a triple double. Epitomizes that losers entire career.

juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Hate to pile on, but it's become painful to watch him play. He's so erratic, his shot just this throw up in the direction of the hoop (and you can tell he has no confidence), it's just sad.

I think the Lakers need to adjust sooner rather than later. How much longer with this same approach? If I'm Vogel, I start bringing Russ off the bench to lead that unit. You need more stability in the starting core, and he's not giving you that right now. Let him be a boost off the bench, an energy guy whose focus is rebounding and defense. Start finishing with your strongest players instead of blindly putting him in.

When the roster is back and healthy, I think you start: Nunn, Reaves, James, AD, and Melo, and then bring Russ, Ariza, Baze, Dwight, and Ellington off the bench. I'd probably trade THT in this scenario because he's actually tradeable and might get you something.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Before he even took the shot
    I knew this was the end of the game

Rocket River

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I can’t remember whose podcast it was from a few years back but the guest was the long time beat writer of OKC Royce Young. They were talking about Westbrook and the host asked Young if he knew if the OKC coaching staff confronted him on his terrible shot selection and if they had showed him the numbers that confirmed how bad he was at certain shots and Young’s response was he was there for that exact interaction and Westbrook’s reply was essentially screw the numbers, in the moment I feel like I can make the shot.

One of the best athletes to ever play. And he extracted A LOT of good things from his athleticism, but by far one of the lowest IQ guys to ever play.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Westbrook was never a point guard to orchestrate and run a team offense. He does not make guys around him better nor has had a decent outside shot. He has always been horrible at the end of games. We should have never traded Paul for him, but this is what happens when Superstars tell General managers what to do.

6. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

True. People can blame Russell Westbrook for playing like garbage. But you also gotta note that LeBron and AD definitely approved the trade. So it's their fault too

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 and juanm34 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. Original Dr. Pepper

The term "empty stats" has been thrown around forever, finally a player came along to perfectly embody it.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I thought about that the moment they traded for him. Really makes no sense.

13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Could have been LeBron hubris. He thought he could do what Durant and Harden couldn't: win with Westbrook. Maybe Westbrook was going to LA by hook or by crook so he could wear skirts in LaLa land. Who knows.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So are the Lakers admitting that the trade was trash?

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, does that tell us the "Players' Choice MVP" doesn't really have more credibility than the media's choice?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Man do the Lakers have any picks left? We can trade them John Wall for Westbrook again.

18. Original Dr. Pepper

Even before that, the Blazers got one of their few trips past the first round by beating the Thunder and they did it by leaving Westbrook alone and daring him to shoot. And when you dare Westbrook to shoot, he takes those shots and shoots his team out of games and out of series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Would do it for a couple extra picks, but only if Tilman were willing to buy Russ out of his contract. Do not want him playing for the Rockets again.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's why quadruple double exists.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.