1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah I dint get that take. Theis is a far cry from shaq. People actually guarded shaq. Teams literally kept an extra defender in the paint to leave Theis wide open. You're equating a net negative on the offensive end to an all time great.

gfab-babyboi and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's actually insane the hoops people try to jump through to support their moronic takes. Put prime Shaq on this team and every single one of our shooters would eat heartily. Then, these are the same people who think John Wall is a career scrub and Dmo was a potential star, they're obviously a bit outside of reality.

34to11 likes this.
  3. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Also nobody here mention that boy has swag...it factor

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact that you sold on him being Kobe is a reflection of you not being in touch with reality, no reputable source said he was Kobe so that's your own fault.

The fact that you think he is a non-rotational player tells me you still don't have a clue and you are probably just trolling to get a rise out of people.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So defense has nothing to do with this or the ability to finish in traffic?

Thanks for letting me know not to take you seriously when it comes to Green if you think he is comparable to Kobe.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That's ok. I never take your posting serious

If you can't see where spacing is necessary in the paint for Pick-n-Roll and
    that Greens defense has been improving steadily....then you are being blissfully
    ignorant basketball I.Q.-wise

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What the hell does this have to do with you delusionally thinking Green is Kobe-level prospect.

What does spacing have to do with the inability to be a plus defender or being able to finish through contact like Kobe?

And you have the nerve to question my basketball IQ when you think Green can be on the level of Kobe?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can we just dead any mention of Kobe when discussing Green already? Idc why his name is being mentioned, but just stop. Leave that man alone.

Jesus Christ

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

Also JC is Dwayne Wade reincarnated.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Your stance is blinded by ignorance.

It's a closed minded way of thinking.
    It has Jalen Green as a bust and it would have Jeremy Lin as one of the greatest
    players to ever live if you go by just 20 games.

Morons like you won't change your mind. The, "don't confuse me with stats....my mind
    is made up." suits you.

I've always said Jalen Green will be today's lighter version of MJ and Kobe Bryant.
    For you to make more of that than it is, is just ignorant. I've always said when

Jalen Green turns 21 and had put on more weight (approximately 195 pounds)
    he will own this league. Where were you, absent that day? Not my problem.
    When he is 195 pounds he will play through contact. Defend even better.m

Problem is you have him weighing as Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams his whole career.
    I see him working hard to put on the muscle needed. Only time will tell who will
    be correct and who will be wrong? I will give you a hint.....I'm correct

You don't need to respond: Ive learned not to discuss much with the Mobley Mod.
    You, D-rock, Thataboy, BobbythenotsoGreat

34to11 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude really WTF, show me one time that I have said Green is a bust?

You must think if I don't compare him to Kobe then I think he is bust, talk about being delusional.

I'm out no need in engaging with you anymore since in your mind it's either Kobe or bust and if he could be either a Crawford or Williams I would be very happy and that's not to say his ceiling is either of those guys.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude stop. You’re missing the whole point. The point he trying to make was that Green would look better with spacing and then compared him to Kobe and what he dealt with in LA.

I’m a basketball junkie , so I’ve watched plenty, who will tell you now the difference in the physicality between now & the 90s is night and day. And you’re right Shaq was the undisputed star of that squad. And Campbell wasn’t a chopped liver big either. But Hell these AAU bred kids can’t even make a decent post pass consistently these days. Plus almost Everyone plays on the perimeter facing these days so dominant post play is a lost art. It’s not the same.

My point is that Green has the tools to be great no matter who’s on the floor. He doesn’t need an elaborate explanation (spacing) of why he’s not playing well, he has the talent to do better so he should do better. It’s mindset, consistency and work ethic because the young guy has talent.

#1034 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    daywalker02 likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Show me one time I said Jalen Green would be MJ or Kobe defensively

Saying Christian Wood will be a lighter version of Sam Perkins or Robert
    Horry.....does not mean I'm saying Christian Wood is Sam Perkins or
    Robert Horry of back then. Might be....but not guaranteeing it.

That was you interjecting that I said Jalen is Kobe defensively

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

for the culture

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You stop. You made one point which was complete nonsense, you were disproved so now you're trying to lawyer into saying something else. It ain't gonna fly, cut the bullshit.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Which point was that tough guy?

20. fattz

fattz Member

nba draft room & his start to the season hadn’t been stellar by most measurements after reading about his expectations. I am not condemning him just making a personal observation. I have now been informed by others all is well & give time, time. We are all Rockets fans and only want the best for our team.