1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jalen Green is back!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 21, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm starting to believe JG needs to be the main ball handler as his passing skills are starting to shine. Sure, his handles are weak and he still has no bag but in his time off you can see he majorly worked on his shooting and his work ethic paid off. That's something I don't think KPJ has, that willingness to work hard on his game and get better. Right now, KPJ is also very inconsistent in his shooting, so unless his game upticks when he comes back it might be time to see if trading him is the answer while he still has value.

xaos, cheke64, SamFisher and 2 others like this.
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I see her stroke. She hooped before.

3. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

Sengun is working with Olajuwon? Source?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sengun mentioned he wants to work with Olajuwon in the off season on Twitter. I don't know, if he's already started to do so. My buddy ApacheWarrior may know more than me.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It was said during the last game.

I believe during halftime by Kevin Eschenfelder (confirmed by Calvin Murphy)
    or Calvin Murphy (confirmed by Eschenfelder).

Sengun did an Olajuwon like move in the first half and they were commenting on the
    footwork as he spun around the defender towards baseline and finished at the rim.
    edited: went around Goga Bitadze
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/video/alperen-sengun-dunk-vs-indiana-023701026.html

#265 ApacheWarrior, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    everyday eddie and Ghost5Horse6 like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

He said he’d like to work with Hakeem.

https://theathletic.com/3019404/202...ckly-hes-someone-that-the-game-comes-easy-to/

Rockets fans will fondly remember Luis Scola as the “Ice Cream Man” for how he was able to scoop and score on a consistent basis. Sengun’s not too far off himself — it’s that good already. Sengun’s eyes light up when he speaks about potentially working with footwork guru and Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon.

“I was working in a young team in Turkey,” Sengun said of his footwork. “I was watching a lot. When I watch, I learn quickly, and it also helps me a lot. But also I’d like to work with Hakeem Olajuwon about this. We will work in the future. He said, ‘I’ll teach you some moves.’ It’s good for me, I’m waiting.”

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

absolutely he needs to be the main ball handler along with gordon. his ability to do that cross over, side-step 3 pointer, stepback 3 pointer is what stars are made of. i'd rather him shoot those shots than kpj. kpj is going to come off the bench or be traded.

8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

And that fine with me

He let's the game come to him.

I can only imagine he becomes aggressive

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To me he already knows a lot of Hakeem's moves.

Hakeem's shotblocking abilities Sengün could never touch, because nobody can.

And the ability to shoot fadeaways, but everything else is up for grabs.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im pumped about Green as a prospect. I really think he is going to be a top 20 player by the end of his 3rd year.

cmoak1982, Fulgore and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wrong. Sengun has no midrange jump shot. Dream was a MUCH better rebounder and overall scorer. The only thing Sengun has over Dream could be passing - thats it.

You guys are really going overboard with this --- comparing to Dream????? Crazy.

12. hakeemthagreat

So is he still the 2nd best rookie behind Sengun on the roster? This according 2 clutchfans.net

13. hakeemthagreat

Sengun will never, EVER have any 1/100th of the talent Hakeem had. This is the Dmo situation on steroids

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Save it, verbal Christian, you have been here too long to play this silly game. Yawn.

Go back and you would read that the poster was suggesting what moves Sengün could possibly learn from Hakeem.

There is nothing crazy about learning from Hakeem.

Even if he is just doing Hakeem‘s moves really slowly and amateurishly.

Dobbizzle, fattz and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wow. I don't see Dream anywhere. He's a poor man's Scola right now. Dream could teach him a nice face up game tho. How to get to his hook shot in the paint & to master his counters. There are things he could learn.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He will be a better player than Mobley.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, I said he has some of Hakeem's moves down, not that he is Hakeem or that he does those moves perfectly like Hakeem.

There is nothing wrong with some hype after people claimed Green was Kobe.

I guess dudes are searching for an outlet now that Sengün is not playing so well.

TEXNIFICENT and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I didn't mean that Sengun was working hours with Hakeem in his home court/barn

Hakeem works a little with every Rockets big man by just pulling them
    aside from practice and giving them some pointers or suggestions.

This is a Green thread.....let's get back on point shall we

xaos likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yeah??
    I bet the lady wishes she had Green’s weave and nails, though!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen Green does not need to be the main ball handler - he is great as a complimentary ball handler.

KPJ is doing fine, his assists are way up and his turnovers down......and let's let Green get comfortable in the SG role first, then learn to play D, then give him more responsibility.

DD