1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun is a black hole

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

True. Harden was the same way. I am glad we got rid of him so we can actually win some games.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

You titled the thread as senguin is a black hole which basically means once he gets the ball no one else touches it. You then went to say when he gets the ball he uses dribble hands off the ball which is the opposite of a black hole.
    I would also argue his teammates don't bail him out, if anything they jack him over by not making open shots or finishing at the rim. He had atleast 5 wide-open looks today result in no assists bc his super hero teammates missed open shots or layups.
    He needs to develop a shot for sure but what he is polished at is in the block. Rockets should be getting him the ball in the low post more, I have been saying this for weeks.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Are you saying the Sengun experiment is over? :p

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. juanming

juanming Member

Why is ashleyem obsessed with "holes"? His last two threads used the word "hole". Lucas and sengun and hole. Freudian slip?

Tfor3 and Joe Rocket like this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Sengun is the most overhyped player here since Lin. He's put together some good games, but you guys talk about him like he's Hakeem. He's turnover prone & also fouls too much

34to11 likes this.
  7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What makes you such a child?

The ball moves so much better with Sengun on the floor. You know that and I know that.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You realize that there are some 30 year old bigs who dont have Senguns footwork and passing ability right? And he's 19 do you understand that players that do what he is doing now get better?? You wanna go back and look at Jokers first year be my guest tell me what you find and Sengun has him beat on first year defense already. Houston hasnt had a really good rookie in a long time and it shows because half of you think what they are now is what they are always gonna be. Its ridiculous. I swear I have made this post 1000 times on here. I mean comparing Sengun to Lin as far as overhype demonstrates a total lack overall understanding of how basketball works.

Bo6, fckbandwagons, DeBeards and 5 others like this.
  10. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I actually agree with what you are saying. It doesn’t mean he won’t improve and become more effective, but he is young and still figuring things out. He needs to really work on his jumper to keep defenders honest. Now, they just ignore his shot and wait for him to dribble into coverage.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That's blasphemy on this site OP

I was going to recommend a trade for Myles Turner a week ago.....but well.....
    you know.....Clutchfans would have me shot and quartered.

fattz and 34to11 like this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

[​IMG]

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

when he gets it, i think they need more movement around him. He will find the cutters if they create space to receive the ball

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why are there no meme videos about Sengun passing

DeBeards, Os Trigonum and pr0wler like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yikes.

Imagine watching Sengun play, and him being a black hole is what you take away from it.

That's an instant ignore.

If you're that wrong - that horribly wrong - I shudder to think what your other basketball comments are.

My goodness that is an embarrassingly bad take.

The fact you don't know what an actual black hole is in basketball terms, is confusing as well. Especially since nearly every single time Sengun gets the ball he surveys the court to see if he can make a pass to a teammate in better position.

16. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Nikola Jokic blackhole on offense as well. Confirmed.

Joe Rocket and Downtown Sniper like this.
  17. 34to11

34to11 Member

Not even the dumbest from this poster.

cmoak1982 and pippendagimp like this.
  18. 34to11

34to11 Member

I'm not sure OP understands what a "black hole" is in basketball terms. Şengün is far too gifted and willing a passer to ever be described as that.

However, he is a bit of a ball stopper and he definitely needs to work on that.

19. VoR

VoR Member

You were feeling lonely tonight?

20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

This video comprises all of Sengun's possessions in the Pacers game.
    Will the O.P**** please watch it and tell me where t f Al-P's being a ball hog.
    If he can't back his lame argument up with facts, he will be demoted to O.P.o.S.