1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas on Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 16, 2021.

1. cujo

cujo Member

So excited to hear Hakeem may be working with him…if he starts doing some dream moves in game I will lose it

Dobbizzle and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

…the title of this post has been modified by someone w a higher authorization.
    no more A hole.:)o_O

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah

vator and DreamShook like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

John Lucas is an assh*le.

Williamson, Dobbizzle and vator like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sengun so popular its a good business for hakeem to give him some free lessons

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they may have changed it but theres no changing the fact that nobody can cite 3 rockets players whose 3pt shot dr lucas has fixed... hes not a good instructor....

aaquaa likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is a typical post by clutchfans when youre backed in to a corner and you know youre wrong.
    So first im not dumb enough to think that SIlas has no experience everyone here know he does so that part of your reply makes no sense. He had no HC experience other than standing in at time, though but that also is neither here nor there, either. I also know all about Lucas's history. I understand why he got the position but what I dont understand is that people blatanlty ignore both their glaring mistakes when it comes to how they are developing certain players versus how much he seems to prefer "pros" Silas's words, in a rebuild year for the Rockets. We are not contenders but he plays vets and overplays them at that in the middle of a rebuild forsaking precious development time.

Its ironic that you speak to his experience and yet the same people on here like the ignore that he is denying experience to players he is supposed to be developing. His bad coaching is so glaring that any casual who watches a Rockets game mentions them. They are basic common sense things that commentators from others team laugh at him during a telecast and they are things that take him over a month to change. His replies to these things is Theis is a "pro". He almost sounds insane saying these things but he has to because he is stuck in his ways and he has to make an excuse for the decisions he makes. "Pro" Its a silly comment for a guy that we all know ruins spacing for our young guys and ruins their overall development. We are a 3rd of the way into the season and we have never won a game with Theis starting and he still started him anyway on a night with Wood out.

Secondly you read back and I never said EVER that they should praise Sengun as god. I am not a Sengun only fan I LOVE THE ROCKETS. We are supposed to be rebuilding. This is what I hate when I come on this board what I said is so far from what youre suggesting I said and want that there is almost no point in replying to you but i beleive that's what you want because you know youre wrong. If this were a team where he started Sengun and gave him every chance and minutes and Lucas said he has a long way to go defensively it would make sense. However it doesnt on a team where they literally hold him back so in fact they have no idea what he can do or how far back he is because they havent given him the chance. The times he's been trusted he's alway delivered. You guys are reading this as we are mad that he didnt kiss Senguns ass. No im not happy with a coaching staff that cant admit its own failures and throws players under the bus in a passive aggresive nature to make up for it.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Damn, Sengun's father must be a huge *******. Sad to hear.

aaquaa, juanming and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its must be true because sengun was never good at shooting 3s and Lucas has never taught nobody to shoot

aaquaa likes this.
  15. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

In all seriousness, fixing a jumpshot at the NBA level is entirely up to the player during the offseason. You're a professional and should be expected to improve.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Many would rather get triggered off of a soundbite or excerpt without the context, but thanks for posting that. It didn't sound like he was being dismissive of him.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

What corner am I backed into? Why do you want to back people into corners? We're just two people typing into a box on the internet lmao. You're so weird.

I brought up Silas because your initial statement of "coaches are always right" has to be true to some extent. That's why they were hired: to make decisions based on what they think is right - because the people who hired them have to operate under the assumption that they know what to do in games, how to win them, and how to sustain a winning culture. If there's ever a time in which the powers that be determine Silas can't do that, he'll be let go and a new person who they think can do all that, will be hired.

iirc Silas was the the best assistant coach on a Mavericks team that boasted the best offense in the game, at the time. And he came with great recommendations. It's tough to find a better candidate than that. And Silas was initially hired to coach a team with Harden and Westbrook. It's a bit difficult for any coach to oversee a roster upheaval like ours, much less a rookie HC.

Obviously, with the way last season (and up to this season) has gone, Silas might not be the best option going forward. Definitely debatable. But until there's a change, Silas and co. are still the guys.

Your main problem seems to be rooted in Theis getting playing time over Sengun. Despite this thread not having to do with coaching decisions or Daniel Theis, you keep shouting this in almost every one of your posts, to anyone who'll listen. Definitely have some 'old man shouts at clouds' vibes. We get it. Clutchfans gets it. You don't need to repeat yourself every time.

I didn't watch the Cleveland game, but going off the box score, Sengun got 10 more minutes of burn out there, than Theis. Almost a whole quarter's worth of game time. In a highlights video, Sengun's first points came when the Rockets were down by 14 in the first quarter, and in the fourth quarter, Sengun was in there playing. What exactly is the problem here? Although not starting, Sengun is gradually getting more and more minutes while Theis...is not. And Sengun seems to be playing in every quarter, so it's not like he played early and then sat, or played late.

By you constantly bringing up Theis and Sengun, I would have thought Sengun played well but got pulled early for Theis or something.

Also, where are players being thrown under the bus? What failures are you talking about? People blowing this Lucas comment out of proportion need to explain this to me. It's not like Lucas focused on Sengun's negatives. In fact, to paraphrase the postgame clip, Lucas said Sengun has a long ways to go (especially defensively) but complimented how he saved his energy and that they should play through him more. Again, is there anything about what Lucas said, that is not true? The defense thing was a legit criticism that wasn't even bad to share with the public. Maybe Lucas saw something in practice or in-game that caused him to verbalize that. We didn't get a follow-up question about Sengun's defense, so we'll never know.

Dobbizzle and cmlmel77 like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Why he criticizes Sengun yet licks ass of KPJ lol. I mean I know why but smh let him work in troubled schools as PE teacher if that's what he likes

aaquaa likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This thread sure has turned toxic.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It started toxic tbh, before it was changed the original title of the thread was "John Lucas is an *******." I love Sengun, but some of his die-hards' reactions are beyond crazy.