1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The hilarity of this comment.

When you acknowledge nothing similar has been said about Green.

Guess the organisation knows who the divas are already and who aren't.

Don't want to get Jalen upset and him unfollow you on Instagram.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If dude had ego issues, we'd already be hearing about it.

His play on the court has already demanded more minutes, yet he isn't verbalising that.

He is doing what his coach requests.

Europeans typically grow up more accustomed to the 'team' portion of basketball, than the whiz kid American superstars who are praised and treated like heroes from the earliest age possible.

Sengun having a big head is the least of my worries.

Now, Sengun acknowledging this organisation is a dumpster fire and is gone without signing another contract with them, that has me real real worried.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Basically?

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

All I watched were highlights of Sengun's game.

One thing he can work on is whenever he gets the ball, it's sometimes not in the paint. I feel like he could pass it back out to re-post again for a better angle to work on his defender, especially if the defender is slower and/or smaller than him.

Granted, receiving the ball outside the paint might give you more vision of the floor, but he has to work that much harder to back down his man just to get into the paint.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He still has never gotten 30 minutes, but he came close to my prediction in 28 minutes today, in his 27th game.

#327 AroundTheWorld, Dec 15, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    slothy420 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is great but those numbers are not amazing for 28 mins.

DD

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? For a rookie 6th man they're great, hell for a normal player they are great. If given starters minutes, this would put him around 25 and 14. 14 rebounds per game would among the league leaders, also his assists are elite for a center. Lastly, a lot of Senguin's misses, he gets his own rebound and then scores or passes to someone who scores, so it's not the same as traditional brick.

I'm not sure what you're expecting from a teenage rookie, but those numbers are better than Yao's career averages. Yao was at 19 and 9 for 33 minutes a game, and he is considered a Rockets Legend.

Bo6, aaquaa, Lovemachine2000 and 9 others like this.
  11. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

If his teammades didnt shoot so bad this game it was for sure an tripple double for him this game. I cant believe that they take so much bad position shoots. I dont want blame all of his mades but you cant hit some shoots more then this last game. You can took difficult shoots until the shoot clock beeing over but so much bad position shoots... What can he do? Thats the Job of the Coach to warn them to dont take every shoot. He must say pass the ball, pass the ball until you got a free shoot. But nothing happened the first 2 Quarters.

aaquaa likes this.
  12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

As far back as the stats go ('83-'84), here's the list of players who have managed at least 19/11/5 with 2 steals and 1 block in 28 minutes or less.

Giannis Atentokounmpo (27 years old, 8th season)
    Karl Anthony Towns (24 years old, 5th season)
    Joel Embiid (25 years old, 4th season)
    Rudy Gobert (26 years old, 6th season)
    Greg Monroe (27 years old, 8th season)
    LeBron James (33 years old, 15th season)
    Dewayne Dedmon (28 years old, 5th season)
    Blake Griffin (23 years old, 3rd season & 27 years old, 7th season)
    Tim Duncan (29 years old, 9th season)
    Magic Johnson (24 years old, 5th season)

40% of that list has won multiple MVPs and led their team to at least one championship while winning Finals MVP. Then we have Sengun joining the list at 19, four years sooner than anyone else, just 26 games into his career.

Granted, stats like this are very specific and that's why a guy like Dewayne Dedmon can sneak in despite it being a huge outlier for his career...but unlike Dedmon, Sengun is clearly a special talent that passes the eye test.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Man, I haven't been able to watch many games this year, but Sengun has so much potential. I had high hopes for him, and he's even better than that.

This kid is already one of my favorite 5 Rockets ever.

the11mingdynasty, aaquaa, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

theses still a long way to go

aaquaa likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Lucas is so overrated....whoever doesnt think so then

name me 3 players that increased their 3pt% when playing for rockets in the LAST DECADE
    yeah good luck with that!

ps dont try to cheat citing players who previously shot better on other teams

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

When Alperen was sub-in to Cavs match yesterday, one of the haters immediately posted "Sengun is not doing much also". A sane supporter replied as "dude, he is in only 1 minute, what you expect?".

There is crime and organised crime. I guess there is organised crime against Alperen from spesific Rockets environment. As long as Alperen scores 75 points, grabs 35 rebounds, 20 assists, 15 blocks, 10 steals in 15MINUTES these circles will continue to bark.

Alperen should continue to play well/improve not just for himself/Rockets/real supporters but also to help to shut the mouth of these MFs.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Best game of they year for him. Kept the fouls low and got after it on the boards. If he can stay on the court late in games he's on his way to stardom.

AroundTheWorld and aaquaa like this.
  18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Here are per 36 minutes of Sengun this season.

18.4 pts, 9.4 Rb, 5.3 stl, 2.2 stl, 1.4 bl.

Before the argument was that his production is good but he did not have stamina and fouls a lot. In his first 28 minute game he gets his per 36 numbers on good shooting with no fouling. And still it is no good.

Are you realizing that you are setting the bar ridiculously too high for him?

harold bingo likes this.
  19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if he could make 1-2 threes a game he'd prob be close to averaging 20 10 5 2 .

Not to mention all the screens that lead to baskets or hockey assists, he makes impacts in so many different ways. there isn't a time he has checked in and hasn't produced this year... which is dumfounding at 19.4 years old

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@HP3 people calling you out

btw this is how coach stagnates players, team and ruin them....by not putting them in positions to succeed....its the old story of fox and the stork...

dont let em start even tho they deserve it... then let the player come in when the squad is disasarray and all sorts out of rhythm and then they allow other players not to run offense tru sengun...of course he s not looking good...and i even predicted i told you so haters comments before the game lololol

starting sengun could of meant a world of difference to this game...starting him 20 games back could of meant a world of difference to the season and the next decade even!

because of domino effect....moves on the margins and little details matter.. this is actually what makes sengun and every other player(and coach!) great!

the tiny little details thats scrubs dont even notice

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.