1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eric Gordon wasn't in the NBA at Jalen Green's age.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

Yep, we already saw the difference in how Green and Cade were able to get off shots against AD in the clutch (7'6" wingspan :O). He has the lowest floor of all the top draft prospects, but none of them will be able to reach the heights he can (offensively of course). Green and especially Sengun are also younger than Scottie, Cade, and Mobely

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well yeah but we have 18 games in the NBA at 28% and 16 games in the G league at 37%. We also have his 4 league summer league stint where he shot like 50% from 3, also on high volume. If we add the g league plus summer league stint together, he looks like a pretty solid shooter. And then obviously if you look at the NBA number, he looks like he's not. I know people are going to say the NBA is harder and better defenders etc but as you pointed out, he's not getting shut down by defenders, he is shooting very poorly on open/wide open shots.

My point is I'm not really understanding (or I just don't agree) why the G league is the hot streak and the NBA is his true self as a shooter. Why can't the G league be his true self as a shooter, and the NBA is just a slump? I don't know which one it is, I'm not ready to declare it yet, but it's odd to me that you speak on this with such certainty. Like, any time he shoots well, it's just a lucky hot streak, but any time he shoots poorly, it's a "Hah, I knew it!" moment. What if he comes back from injury and shoots 39% in his first 10 games back? Will that just be a hot streak, will he just be fooling everyone again?

Do you at least see the point I'm making? We really don't have enough data one way or another. We have 20ish games of good shooting, and 20ish games of bad shooting. I just don't think we can say with certainty which one is the fluke and which is one is the "real Jalen."

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was. He turned 20 in December, the NBA normally starts around end October to November.

You are the only one of the 19 Brigade that is actively doing that.

D-rock likes this.
  6. BonziWellsGOAT

Get ready for him to repeat the same point for the millionth time.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Everytime I see this I think... what black dude showed him this dance 5 minutes before the show and told him he got it down to a tee lol

9. conquistador#11

What the. I thought all Porter had was a thigh contusion. He was also finding his groove before the injury.
    I wonder if those Infrared light therapy beds work.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout not taking any games out.. 18 games. slightly better than Garuba and worse than Theis.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Lol best worst dancer of all time

javal_lon likes this.
  14. alethios

alethios Member

D-rock likes this.
  15. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

DreamR, BMoney, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The guy was like, elaine, I wanted to hit u up but now.... Bye laters.

alethios likes this.
  17. vince

vince Member

I think there is doubt he’s even injured any more. Seems like a lot of people are thinking, he’s being held out, to showcase Gordon and some of the other tradable chips.

Whether Rocket fans Like it or not, the Rockets went all in on Green. They are sure as heck going to give him every opportunity to prove he isn’t what they drafted him to be.

But I do think that the Rockets would be open to trade Green if they got a young building guy in return, but the Rockets would aren’t at the point of giving discounts on any trade return for Green.

I just think that Showcasing some of the older veterans to trade, is the purpose of holding Green out.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wiggins was a bust because he didn't seem to care about being great. He just wanted to coast by on his insane athleticism. Green should be way more hungry than Wiggins and that's what matters the most

cheke64 likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

---- KPJ and other Rookies, games missed so far -----

Chris Duarte (shoulder) - 2 games missed
    Scottie Barnes (thumb) - 2 games missed
    Cade Cunningham (sprained right ankle) - 5 games (start of season)
    Evan Mobley (elbow) - 5 games (two weeks span)
    Keven Porter Jr (thigh) - 8 games total (first 3, then currently 5 games and still going)
    Jalen Suggs (right thumb) - 7 games (1 game, then currently 6 games and still going)
    Jalen Green (hamstring) - 9 games missed (and still going)

* Kuminga also has 9 games inactive, 1 officially listed DNP. He was sent down to the G-league abeit shortly; so don't know his schedule too well.

------

People, who remember early explosive MVP Derrick Rose, Not only was Rose speedy and explosive, but he would do these wide strides and body contorting finishes. Eventually those moves caught up to him.

When Rockets was on that long L-streak, both our guards (especially KPJ) was charging to the basket a lot. Green/KPJ should look at ways to better protect themselves and how they play. How to fall after taking contact...etc. Stretching before games, treatment after games, and ample rest between game days.

#679 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 15, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  20. conquistador#11