1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Here's hoping he passes Sengun the ball, and isn't hell bent on getting his at all costs so he gets back in the limelight.

hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

stop exaggerating and making outlandish statement to get attention

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think I already saw Mark Cuban driving around Toyota Center looking for the kid.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Not even close! I love watching this kid play and seeing what tricks he pulls out of his bag next.

hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  5. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Sengun is St.Nicholas with his bag full of gifts for anyone who behaved good all year and send a letter to him for their christmas wishes.
    And also he can be Odin who came from Turkland to rule vikings.

CHAMPBOY and hakeem94 like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen selfishness from him like that on any level. Odd to see a narrative pushed by a supposed Houston Rocket fan to portray a by all accounts hard-working, 19-year-old as a selfish diva.

Just odd...

Closet Cleveland Fan on Twitter, perhaps?

BallaDoc likes this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Rebounds are not massively important. Teams are running back not to give transition points, rather than chasing offensive rebounds.

Wood grabs 9.2 rebounds per game defensive boards per game. Of these 26% are contested, the others are boards that you would be able to get. For a comparison 40% sengun's defensive boards are contested.

Offensive boards are more valuable. He grabs 1.9 per game, which is again nothing impressive.

I hope Wood becomes the player you imagine him to be, but I don't see it happening.

NewAge, aaquaa, BallaDoc and 4 others like this.
  8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It is really annoying that Sengun and Wood are hardly ever played together, and when they are they use Sengun as a spot up shooter from the corner (which is clearly his weakest skill on offense). That is just bad coaching. Yes we have been winning some games and are playing better, but I am still underwhelmed with how Silas is coaching. I really want him to succeed, he seems like a nice guy.

I really want Silas to try and play both Wood and Sengun together. And when they do play through Sengun and let Wood spot up and cut to the basket. A high low game between those two can be amazing.

CHAMPBOY, aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

The first thing coming out of this kids mouth was "max contract" and "rookie of the year", absolutely nothing about the team or winning. We have heard nothing EXCEPT selfishness.

aaquaa, Downtown Sniper and hakeem94 like this.
  10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Sengun also said "rookie of the year". First thing "out of his mouth"...

Again, a huge overstep, from a very silly poster.

From my vantage, Jalen Green has been respectful and professional as a Houston Rocket. Quick to cheer on his teammates, and a stabilizing influence. Not a diva in the slightest, and we have seen quite a few in Houston. I am frankly worried more about KPJ's maturity.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If for nothing else, they need to try it so we can see what we need to do at the trade deadline. This is one of those ones that Rafael needs to call in from the front office. It is a huge question that needs answering.

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Silas quote from Feigen’s recent article:

“(In Memphis), Al-P and C-Wood played together and played well together,” Silas said. “Al-P was playing in the post. We ran little pin-down plays for C-Wood to get out to the perimeter, or Al-P would be a screener. We’ll see. It’s getting hard to keep Al-P off the floor. Finding ways to get Al-P on the floor is important. His playmaking makes it easier.”

harold bingo, bmelo and j@amc like this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wished Stephen was in an official position where he could make decisions about a player's playing time and rotation assignment....if only there was such a position for him to fill....

BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a Harden fan but he still is one of the Top 50 Passers of Alltime, cannot take that from him.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would still fill it with a legendary player though, long term it will attract Free agents.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

Are you suggesting who I think you're suggesting????

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Silas could try to pry away Luka before he has glutton fed himself to death.

Do not even need the Dream, you could fill it with anyone with good connections.

Maybe Jet even.

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

I thought you were dreamcasting the former Rocket who has Russell Westbrook on his list as the 2nd best PG of all time :)

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and a champion, he singlehandedly beat the best team of all times....

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

sounds like Stephen doesn't want to step on anyone's toes. He's too much of a nice guy imo

hakeem94 likes this.