1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JG/KPJ go straight back to starting when they return, given how well team's played in their absence?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wlekfjv923n, Dec 12, 2021.

1. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Garry Bird and Armoni Brooks (whats his nick name) played really well. They've been shooting 3s well, hustling on defense and kinda proven they can start for an NBA team. Do JG and KPJ get inserted straight back into the starting lineup?

Perhaps KPJ's case easier. He's more ready or at least should be ready given this is his 3rd NBA season. Or do we reconsider having him play the point altogether

For JG, I know the spacing was bad early on, etc but I still don't think he's shown he's special right now as a 19 year old (like Sengun). He still might develop into a special talent but perhaps the coming off the bench route (again like Sengun) might serve him better? I know I'm not the first one to suggest this

2. juanming

juanming Member

It's Silas

/Thread

juanm34, hakeem94 and AlperenSengun like this.
  3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Gonna be hard to manage everyone's minutes that's for sure.. wouldn't want that job

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This 1000 percent.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

KPJ should start

KPJ / green
    Bird / brooks
    Tate / gordon
    Wood / KMJ
    Sengun / Theis

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Gordon, Augustin & Tate should remain the primary ball- handlers. KPJ should be a wing

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

They have to go back to starting. Remember, this season isn't about winning-now. It's about the future. Unless KPJ and Green get reps, Green wont' develop and we won't have a definitive answer about KPJ and his role on the team going forward.

It's the same reason that, at some point, Sengun will be starting. It's not a matter of if, but when. He's got to get reps with the first team as the center because he's going to be a starter next season, and he's got to get accustomed to playing against starters while our starters have to get used to running an offense through him.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You forgot about Johnathan

daywalker02, Nook and wlekfjv923n like this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Still want to see

Josh
    JG
    GM
    Sengun
    Wood

start a game

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

When/If they trade Gordon then minutes becomes much easier to manage

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will be KPJ, Green, Mathews, Tate, Wood starting

Easy, JayGoogle, eliefor3 and 6 others like this.
  12. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Stagger JG and KPJ. Take JG out first and bring him back in when Sengun subs in for the first time.

To close games, it's gotta be at least either KPJ + Wood OR Sengun + JG.

Would love to see JG get some Wood PNR action to give us more options.

Closing lineups that don't work:
    Wood without either one of them.
    Wood + Theis regardless of the guard combo on the floor

13. conquistador#11

Are we sure they haven't lost their legs? It's like they don't even exist. We have an update, there is no update!

Whenever they return,
    Gordon goes back to the supersub role just because Gordon is going to have fun either way as long as he gets 30 minutes. He is comfortable in both roles.

Wood
    Matthews
    Tate
    Green
    KP

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Silas definitely need to manage this well
    See what they can do with SenGun Unleased!

Rocket River

Nook and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. varughese.arun

KPJ shouldn't handle the ball as much. So much better ball movement w/o KPJ. I would prefer KPJ come off the bench. Starters: Wood, Tate, G.Matthews, Green, and Gordon

BallaDoc and hakeem94 like this.
  16. DreamR

DreamR Member

We've seen Green with two centers on the floor and no spacing.

I would like to see what Green can do with the spacing that comes from not starting Wood and Theis together. We already saw a glimpse of it until he got hurt.

As he returns from injury he will probably be on a minutes restriction. As he tries to get back to his old self pre-injury he should start by coming off the bench.

Once he's able to play more minutes and looking like his old self athletically again he should start. Then we can see how he plays with good spacing and make a more calculated decision that helps the team.

KPJ should be back to starting as soon as he's cleared and ready.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think the starting line-up will be
    KPJ
    Green
    Matthews
    Tate
    Wood
    This is not the line-up I would want. But This is what I expect will happen.

DJ and sydmill like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes as long as they show they want it in practice and that they've been taking notes from those winning games. Shouldn't be given to them too easily but don't make a fuss about it. No point fighting the inevitable.

WestendMassive likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not see them as natural 3 point shooters, they might improve their shooting with better spacing for sure.

Now I see Green's driving game as very good sometimes but against elite teams like the Bucks it would not matter much.

He shot 36% in the GLeague so I expect him to progress to 33% sooner than later.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, yes they will...

Talent-wise, along with Sengun, those are the best we got. We need to forcefully develop those two alongside Garrison and Tate, and draft a certain 6-10 Forward in the 2022 draft.