1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Well put. The thought that came to my mind is...with 30 NBA teams, we'd hope at least one guy is in top 30. If our best guy isn't even top 50; lot of ways to go.

That's not me saying get rid of number 54; but with picks and assets get a guy in top 40. It's gonna be a while until the young bloods crack that list. Stone should be exploring with Pacers and other teams to review possiblities.

Bottom line: nobody on this squad is untouchable that includes Sengun, Green, and definitely KPJ.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

nope

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Definitely one of Wood's worst games but still put up a decent/good performance

hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I actually thought he played pretty well. Hard to complain about 15 boards and 3 blocks. His shot was just a little off. It happens.

5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want to trade Wood? We finally find a 5 that can shoot the 3 ball, he WANTS to be here in Houston and he JUST turned 26...why would we even consider trading him?

Rashmon, Bo6, hakeem94 and 6 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're proving to be obtuse.

Just trust me man.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

EAT IT TANKERS!!!

#747 D-rock, Dec 8, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  8. dmoneybangbang

Just making Wood and EG more enticing for other teams. We might be able to get 3 protected FRP for Wood if he keeps it up.

Bo6 and jcmoon like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Poor take after poor take after poor take ...

LOL

Bo6, hakeem94 and hlmbasketball like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

With how good you think Wood is, 3 FRP seems light?

11. raining threes

If healthy Wood will put up big numbers.

Wood and KAT are comparable players if Wood can stay healthy.

If Wood proves his ankle injuries are a thing of the past this year, I pay the man. I'm also looking at a Brogdon trade.

hakeem94 and BallaDoc like this.
  12. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao no.

dmoneybangbang, ball4life66 and amaru like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're right.

KAT is not nearly as good a rim protector or switch defender.

:D

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

Do you think Wood is good/reliable enough to be a franchise cornerstone with a big contract to match?

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Respectfully, I could not disagree more.

Christian Wood has characteristics that make him akin to fool's gold. If he was paired with a guy like James Harden as was intended, I would be more inclined to keep him.

If Sengun was starting, I believe the Rocket's net rating would be superior.

And btw, JG/Sengun are untouchable, period. Y'all will come around soon enough.

#755 RudyTBag, Dec 9, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Excellent breakdown. Post more plz!

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

His feel for the game will never be on that level. If we are playing GSW in the playoffs, Sengun takes all the minutes under a competent head coach.

Draymond Green and PJ Tucker and others would absolutely massacre Christian Wood in a playoff series.

He might have been the perfect piece for a CP3/Harden squad though, forsooth...

amaru, hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really don't think we have that player on our roster right now.

Green is .... green, very green. It could be 4-5 years before he even starts to live up to his draft spot. He has been the worst starting player in the league since day 1. It's no coincidence that the team went on a winning streak when Mathews replaced him.

Sengun is a very good player with an odd set of skills for his position that has shown a lot of potential - what he isn't is dominant. I can't see him being dominant with his physical limitations. Maybe he turns into that but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Great complimentary piece.

JChristopher - If any of them have star ability , I think its this kid. He's got all the physical tools & an NBA body but its his mental makeup that stands out to me. He does everything we hear Green talk about .... and doesn't have to let you hear about it & top it off with being a total team player.

Tate , Wood , Mathews & Martin are good pieces to have around that star we have to find .... I can't help but Imagine them with Harden ....

D-rock, Williamson and aaquaa like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There were only 5 players who put up 20/10 and shot 37% or better from 3 last year , Wood being one of them.

Three of them earn max money , the others earn more than the $22.5m discussed here. I think its safe to say that $22.5m (90/4) doesn't get it done.

That's just a little too good of a bargain for the team to expect.

jch1911, dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No one said it was a coincidence because he played in the first 2 games of the streak, WHEN WE STOPPED PLAYING TWO CENTERS AT THE SAME TIME... :D:D:D

Has nothing to do with coincidence.

Do you even watch the Rockets Bro? This reads like a Cleveland fan's twitter feed...

hakeem94 and hlmbasketball like this.