1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Berman: Astros offering Carlos Correa a 5 year/160 million dollar contract

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DaBeard, Nov 6, 2021.

1. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Boegarts apparently said not too long ago that he's willing to opt out but renegotiate a new contract and even move to 2B. So Correa could play SS immediately and Boegarts just goes to 2B next season.

Major likes this.
  2. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

One thing I don't understand (I only read the headline and not the article) it said Correa is willing to show his medical records if he gets a big offer. But even if a team offers him a big offer, they can change their minds after seeing the records. At first I was thinking after he signs a contract he'll show it but the headline made it like seem like, short term offers, no medical records but long term, medical records.

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Similar to the Verlander "deal". First there is a verbal agreement but then there's still a physical and time to change minds before the deal is official.

4. CinematicFusion

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He did just have his baby on 11/29. Wonder if Crane/Click sent a gift basket?

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lance looks ridiculously out of shape.

CinematicFusion likes this.
  7. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

My girl's uncle's brother's drug dealer said he's addicted to pumpkin pie. You heard it here first.

HatsForBats, IowaAstro and King1 like this.
  8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

One day I hope to look ridiculously out of shape if that is what it looks like.

I'm pretty sure you can't judge someone based on wearing a baggy jersey, and that right arm looks pretty in shape.

awc713, BigMaloe, BigM and 8 others like this.
  9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

msn, Rock Block and Astrofan59 like this.
  10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so you've always been dumb?

11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Oh snap. You nailed me.

That said … a comparative adjective doesn’t imply an absolute condition of either thing it compares. For example, Houston being cooler than Dubai doesn’t make Houston cool. (Bun B, on the other hand, does in fact make Houston cool.)

But still, I am properly chagrined, so I will apologize for insulting the “article” you found informative and insightful enough for you to label Correa a greedy b*stard.

awc713, BigMaloe, msn and 8 others like this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

well while he's "getting the most money he can", he's priced himself outta market and scare teams away with his astronomical price tag. He WAS great for Houston by the way, now he's putting 300 mil contract in front of chasing another WS ring. By the way, taking a paycut at my job vs Correa's contract is apple and orange son

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Well then he'll have to come back to earth. Him trying to maximize his value on what will be his only big contract is what any intelligent player would do. Especially one with an injury history. He has a ring. He doesn't have to chase another. He doesn't owe anyone anything. I'm not your son and I agree on your job. We wouldn't want to sink your morale and slow down the McDonald's drive thru.

15. Major

Major Member

Or maybe Crane is putting saving money by not paying market value over chasing another ring? Maybe the Astros are the greedy one?

16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

typically you not gonna see a mid market contending team carry a 300M player. Why'd you put all your eggs in one basket, an injury prone basket not to mention.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros already carry (or will carry) multiple $30 million/year guys. They even paid some to throw one game over 2 years.

The Astros can afford Correa. They just don’t want to have to deal with the past prime years. As it is, most big contracts don’t end up with the same team for the life of it.

BigM, everyday eddie and jiggyfly like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

He's a billionaire though. You're saying Correa is greedy for trying to maximize his income and should take less to chase a ring. If he wanted to chase a ring, Crane could do the same - there's no salary cap stopping him. He just doesn't want to spend the money. For some reason, it's OK when the billionaire owner maximizes income but greedy when the millionaire player does.

everyday eddie and BMoney like this.