1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

at one time this AM, BX was down 4.5;
    [​IMG]
    decided to double-down w the same bullish spreads

this time, net/net, my low bid of 70 cents was filled, enabling me to double my participation in the anticipated bull run into the forthcoming ERS; my latest target is above 150.

this large red candlestock has morphed to become a doji, which, most probably, signals a trend reversal

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it time to buy and forget baba again, or will China take down everything in their not so subtler long Con?

3. adoo

adoo Member

this was 18 Nov headline.

On last Fri, 3 Dec 2021

from this, one can infer that a rate is likely to start in Q2 2021.

this development doesn't bode well for hi-flyers w low cash / need to raise add'l capital to keep up/fight off competition, such as APPS, CRWD, CRM, etc.

so i exited my crwd stock positions, while they're still profitable
    [​IMG]

#17703 adoo, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Ziggy likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    today's green candlestick, w an open/close is way inside previous day's, makes the pattern a bearish hirami.

more downside action to come,
    previous day's intraday trading action had dip below the 100 dma of 598
    the bearish hirami suggests that the support at 100 dma may not hold​

altho NFLX has been profitable, it needs to raise alot of capital to continue producing content inventory

#17704 adoo, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I'm just gonna hold, high interest rates suck due to multiple compression but hard to tell how much is priced in already. CRWD is already cash flow positive and holding $1.9bn cash vs $0.8bn debt.

In hindsight should have cut earlier, but at this point i'm just gonna hold.

Sajan likes this.
  6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What do y'all think of LITM? New IPO but found some decent percentages of lithium in their gov't granted land. I got in LIT in March of 2020 and still holding, it's been a beast since then.

Cokebabies and saitou like this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

Powell’s Fast-Taper Signal Presages Agile Fed on 2022 Rates - Bloomberg

• consider ending their asset purchase program a few months earlier than initially planned in mid-2022.
    • The broadly-signaled policy pivot, coming shortly before the meeting, already has some analysts boosting their outlook for interest rates next year.

“We are moving to a three-hike baseline for 2022 with 25 basis-point rate increases in June, September and December,” Evercore ISI’s Krishna Guha and Peter Williams wrote in a note Friday.

8. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

High risk, high reward play. It looks like they won't start mining for 8-10 years, which is a huge horizon.

9. adoo

adoo Member

in view of this development,

increase my postion on ibkr, who stands to benefit from the volatility emanating from the rate hikes and cryto​

saitou likes this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Thoughts on PLBY leaps? I mean anything that has Cardi B involved in should be good right.

11. adoo

adoo Member

IBM had gap down, as a result of this shortist's self-serving / intellectually dishonest spin on Oct 18
    from 137 in Mid-Oct, IBM dipped to 114; from that support level, it has since risen to 123, which ~ 50% retracement. next resistance level is 123.77, which is also the 50 dma

i m betting that IBM will break thru that resistance; should it materialize, it will likely fill that 132.5/127 gap

constucted this butterfly wings spreads

• sell this bullish PUT spread, Jan 21, 125/120 for a $2 credit, used to partially finance
    • purchase of bullish CALL spread, 120/130, for a net cost of $4.28
    net/net, i am paying $2.48 (4.28 - 2) to participate in the bull run into ERS on Jan 24
    • max risk, $5.28 (2.48 + 3)
    • max profit, $10

12. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    GM and partner LG Energy Solution of So Korea, through their joint venture Ultium Cells LLC, are

The companies already are building two other battery cell manufacturing plants with LG in northeast Ohio and Spring Hill, Tennessee. Both of those investments totaled more than $2 billion and come with more than 1,000 jobs. GM has said it has plans for two other U.S. plants, but hasn't revealed the locations.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don’t really dabble in individual positions, mostly index funds. Threw some money at generic big tech over the last year (Apple etc) and up 36%. Not huge, but how norm are those returns and expectations for consistently providing. Looking to liquidate real estate assets and switch to the market but don’t have a whole lot of experience —appreciate insight

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The average stock market yearly return is around 7-8% most years, but of course individual stocks depend on the individual stock and how lucky you get. The S&P 500 1-YR return for the past year is something like 30% which is kind of insane. Even with that 1-YR return, its 10-YR return is only around 15%, I think. Much of the stuff we've seen since COVID isn't "normal", but if you can take advantage of it, I suppose you try and take advantage of it.

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

@saitou,
    for 2022, in the Semi space,
    AMD or Qualcomm ?​

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Elon still selling his shares dragging TSLA down........

I need to see if I want to load up more on SOFI leaps..but maybe i will wait till the FOMC meeting is over.

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

Isn’t ARKK dumping TSLA shares too? It might get ugly now that it closed below the 50 day SMA

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Well ETFs have to constant sell and buy to keep their target %.
    They are not "dumping".

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

@adoo

This true about MSFT?

• Shares recently broke out of what traders would call an ascending triangle pattern and look to be consolidating above the resistance area. Resistance was previously found near the $305 level, but this area may now become support.

20. adoo

adoo Member

it was a bounce off the 50 dma, after profit-taking had caused the dip from all-time high ~~ 350 to the 50 dma ~318)
    that bounce was thwarted by year-end profit-taking, it has fallen to the 50 dma again, which must hold.
    i need to see another day of trading above the 50 dma.

no..

set your charts to show 20 dma, 50 dma and 100dma. 100 dma is ~308.

perish the thought, should trading fall to 305. meaning that it has broken down support at 50 dma,
    the next level of support ~~~ 50 % retracement, ~ 290

#17720 adoo, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Sajan likes this.