1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets do not take midrange - House jacking up 1 shot a game doesn’t count … Wood shoots 1-2 towards end of shot clock .. that’s it.

We run no plays to get our SG’s shots like Kobe, Jordan, Wade… none of our guards post up or run elbow plays like PG13, Booker, Mitchell

Try again

harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Or they would play like the elite guards and small forwards in this league and use the midrange as they shot 53%+ from that area… Durant shoots over 60% CP3.. Jordan…Kobe ..

This era would tell Hakeem to abandon the midrange dream shake for a corner 3

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, yeah....and he'd have been an even more dominant player if he had done that back then.

Midrange is low efficiency garbage for 99% of the players in the league.

4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This x 1000
    People talking about Kobe mj I mean this guy barely tries on defense, lackadaisically walks up the court, does he ever box anyone out, is he ever in a scrum for a loose ball? That is all heart and hard to change, that part scares me. If he played like GMAT and was shooting like ass which he is, I’d be excited to see him develop. If you don’t even look like your trying why would I be rooting for you? He’s got a harden attitude with zero game. Dump him back in the gleague for another year at least bench him at this point we’re just enabling ineptitude

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you are so damn dramatic. How many players in the past decade has had the "it" factor. You'd be lucky to get one "it" player in the entire draft. High draft picks just means the odds of getting a good player is higher, it's not even close to a guarantee. Green could be anything, I'd be okay if he busts out too. Just pick again, got all the time in the world.

How many "it" players did the Bucks get in the lottery, before they found their "it" player with the 15th pick of the draft.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

G League won't help. If anything I think he built a lot of bad habits there last season which is why he is having so much trouble adapting to the NBA this year physically. In the G League he got away a lot with just using his athleticism without thinking, and it worked a lot of the time too. Now those straight line drives and jumping into the defender just gets blocked.

I don't think he has a bad attitude like Harden, nor is he lazy. A lot of times he just looks scared to get physical to get things done. Don't know what the answer is.

7. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Lol Bullshit… He took the shots from areas where he was most efficient… yall kill me, but hey.. if the Rockets only hit 33% of their 3’s instead of missing 27 3’s in a row… Harden would have a ring

hakeem94, TEXNIFICENT and D-rock like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he didn't. Olajuwon struggled with efficiency on offense for a lot of his career due to his questionable shot selection... he's one of the greatest of all time so he was largely able to overcome that poor shot selection, but he'd have been even more amazing if he dropped most of the midrange trash and developed a 3 point shot.

An Olajuwon that can hit the 3 is basically a video game with cheat codes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Probably should have gone to college, developed better habits, college coaches don’t take **** from their players.

Corrosion and DaDakota like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just stop with the BS.

If Harden has a bad attitude then everyone of our players should have one as well.

Harden has never missed the playoffs, not even once.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

now we know who Deshaun Watson is on clutchfans

D-rock, snowconeman22 and NewAge like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Come on, Harden has definitely has more than fair share of games where he just stopped trying. especially on defense. You will see him just stand still and half heartedly swipe at a player.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Really? What years did Olajuwon "struggle"?

#134 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn.... I'm not impressed with Green as a number 2 pick overall in the draft, he's disappointing & has a ton of work to do.

palmsnbananas and hakeem94 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

A Finals appearance, 3 conference finals appearance, 3× scoring champ, assist champ, multiple all NBA/All Star, historic number of 50+ triple double games, most regular season wins in Rockets history, historic scoring average/usage/efficiency and playoffs every single season.

I did not stutter.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to scoring efficiency? Most years.

His career high eFG% was only 0.538 and his average was only 0.513.

Those aren't terrible given the highly inefficient style of play then, but they aren't amazing.

He could have easily bumped those numbers by 20 points or more just by taking smarter shots which would have made him even more unfair as a player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Please translate.

Corrosion and juanm34 like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dirt & gravel is off-road and rally car racing is done off-road.

That was a really weird flex.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i need to work on my floater, midranger and 3 pt shot...gotta hit g league as well to get as much pt as possible cause i am raw and need practice and reps to become good

Corrosion, palmsnbananas and Squirtle like this.