1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Far Left Q Anon, space lasers, bleach and Luciferase?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rileydog, Dec 4, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.""

- DJT

VooDooPope, ROCKSS and Blatz like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does the Nation of Islam count as Leftist? They have some crazy beliefs such as that white people were created by a mad scientist.

There are still many Leftist groups with pretty extreme views such Earth Liberation Front and Animal Liberation Front, ELF and ALF, whether those ideas or crazy or just the extent they will go is crazy might be a question. There are still anti-capitalism groups that advocate no ownership of private property and Luddite groups that believe we should go back to a preindustrial societies. Many of these groups have rather bizarre notions of what societies were like back then.

One thing in recent years that had happened is that much of what was once considered radical and extreme on the Left has been adopted by the Right. Many of the QAnon conspiracies have their origins in anti-elite views of the Left. The Anti-Vaxx movement started out in left leaning circles as distrust of big pharma. It wouldn’t surprise me if ALF and PETA gets co-opted but the Right with all of the sudden concern about animal testing.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

ok I need to read up on this. Had never heard it before and it’s fascinating. Thanks for bringing it up.

4. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, trying to defend the very public statements of that man is a very strange tack to take.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The defense is "well he didn't say to drink it". The defense should be, "yeah, it was incredibly stupid to suggest to Birx (or whoever) to investigate if injecting bleach would work. No person with a modicum of intelligence would ever think to suggest that"

6. adoo

adoo Member

how about these crazies who publicly declared, on a local radio show, that Bree Walker should not carry out her pregnancy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...er-baby/1577b6df-d93b-4989-b822-4812eb1932be/

Bree Walker was a local TV news anchor, divorced, very capable and fairly attractive.
    She was having an affair w fellow co-anchor, Jim Lampley, also divorced, an articulate and handsome man.

But, Walker was born w disfigured fingers / club hand on one of her hands.​

they reasoned that Walker's physical deformity will, most probably, be passed on to the new born, who will be disadvantaged for his/her entire life.

#26 adoo, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  7. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Bing bong bang my man.

8. Rileydog

Thanks for posting this. I hadn’t heard of that particular situation, although I have heard of folks who believe in eugenics and the like, which is akin to the folks who thought this preganancy should not be carried out. Honestly, as repugnant as I think that is, it’s not the type of looney ness that I’ve focused on here - like flat out stupid, not grounded in reality, you have to be a moron to believe it is true type stuff - space lasers, bleach, Luciferase.

But no doubt it’s a disgusting world view.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I've been around since before it was switched from ClutchCity to ClutchFans (through the Rivals era).

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Birx bracing like an abused housewife during Trump's diarrhea spray

As for far left loonies, there are still anti vaxxers who are more granola All Natural Hippies (unless they have broken the continuum and went Q.)

I see OPs question as more about legitimized radicals, just like how Fox wont disavow them and will code their language to step around offending them.

I imagine these groups minus the violence would fit the bill.

• Eco terrorist (sympathizers)
    • Ideological Marxists, like those who consume CounterPunch
    • Racial paramilitary groups, similar to Black Panthers but more about dated ideas of blood than ideological equality
    I also think people who buy into Gwenyth Palttows Goop are definitely nutty left. They took the art of sham holistic healing and doubled down on it being "sourced and curated" status symbols.

Triple digit Chakra rings, vagina eggs, magnetic mood dispensers...at some poiint, if not already, she'll cash out a cool billion like Alba's more mainstream 100% Organic*** Honest Company

Rileydog likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

I know it's not your question, but I don't think having loonies on either side is new or a big deal. There are plenty of crazies on the left (9/11 truthers, flouride people, etc). But the problem is when you get these lunatics in office. You get this:

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 and Amiga like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

my thinking as well... who cares unless they are elected or god forbid, a leader of a major party... wait

although I haven't seen much of it, I doubt that the extreme left loonies aren't any less crazy in intensity or ideas but that the extreme right loonies have had a megaphone recently, from Trump to other leaders outside the US causing those ideas to spread faster and to trickle-out beyond the typical loonies

Rileydog likes this.
  13. Rileydog

This gets to the origins of my question. I know about the far right dipshits, not because I behave differently than before or that I read different things, but because the they are mainstream, with a megaphone and don’t seem to be denounced by the right as a problem. And public officials on that side not only tolerate but embrace. Thus I know more about the far right loonies.

but it’s useful to hear about the far left nut jobs and I appreciate people posting about them bc it gives me things to research and learn about. Maybe it’s unnecessary because they aren’t allowed to crawl out from under their rocks for long.

Amiga likes this.
  14. Rileydog

i will not stand for slander against Jessica Alba

Amiga, IBTL and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She’s nice and filthy (rich).

Just a subtle dig at how Organic could mean anything. There’s different movements built around that (with varying degrees of nuttiness) that could be considered political too.

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The people who say birthing people, men could breastfeed, the WNBA is as entertaining as the NBA.

Dayop likes this.
  17. Agent94

Agent94 Member

This right here. There are the homeopathic, crystal rubbing, chakra cleansing, anti-vax nutters on the left. Ironically many of them have been sucked into qanon through sex trafficking and anti-vax conspiracies. Magical thinking is a problem on both sides.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...wellness-influencers-seane-corn-yoga-1059856/

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hey, I understand it... the republican supported trump, voted for him both times and has defended him constantly here and other places for the last five years. Its embarrassing, but he has made an investment and will continue to do so rather than admit it was a huge mistake. Just like most republican trump supporters. Heck, when trump runs again... he will be right there again.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One difference... maybe even one big differences... those organizations or groups are tiny fringe groups with little to no sway for the most part. The maga movement took over the republican party and huge numbers still effect every day life (eg opposing mask mandates, vaccinations, social distancing, etc).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

ummmmmm.....Cancer doesn't spread like a virus. The sad part is "the base" will go, "yea, she's right, never thought of it that way!!" MTG and her crazy nut job collogues will continue this line of lies because no one will call them out in their own party

vlaurelio likes this.