1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to ignore the play of Garrison Mathews?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by {icebox425}, Nov 17, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think most people don't care one way or the other if you are right or wrong on an internet message board.

DD

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He plays the exact same, shocked he wasn’t on Rockets board

4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Oh my God, its like the Rockets get the 21st century Larry Bird.

Houston we have a winner.

44 points! Are you kidding me?

D-rock and gfab-babyboi like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They just use it against you till kingdom cometh.

Squirtle likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Look at all these guys with really good shooting splits ..... in Silas offense. Time to give Silas some credit. They get an awful lot of open and wide open shots.
    They were pretty good at times last year offensively , they just couldn't stop anyone on the other end. They scored 120 or 130 many times and still lost .....

What's with all these guys shooting such good percentages & Jalen Green's can't break 30% ?

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This team lacks an alpha .... it has all the pieces you need around that guy , it just doesn't have that guy.

8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Larry mother ****ing legend.

9. MystikArkitect

No one knows who the best player is going to be.

They still don't. And they won't until 5-6 years from now. Cade was the most complete prospect. He went 1st. Jalen was next. Then Mobley. Jalen could turn out to be Kobe and Mobley could be a role player. Mobley could be Duncan reincarnated and Green could be worse JR Smith.

The notion that Mobley was a more complete prospect than Jalen is incorrect. It went Cade then Jalen then Evan. The Pistons didn't even work out Mobley. But they did work out Jalen. Any of the 3 could've been a #1 pick in any other draft and all 3 teams got lucky having a high pick in this draft.

He deserves to be looked at objectively and he's not really. Not even from his own fanbase which is really ****ing weird to me. I was cool with any player except Barnes. We'd be doing the same thing if we had picked Mobley instead if Green and I'd probably be going to bat for Mobley on the days Green went for 25+ and the anti-Mobley crowd would complain about Evan having a stat line like he had the other day.

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Great find! He actually showed some decent handles on his drives, which he really hasn't shown with us yet. Crazy he wasn't drafted, guess he was too old.

Bo6, D-rock and gfab-babyboi like this.
  11. DaDakota

Who cares? They create their own narratives, whether the context is right or wrong, it is a message board, it is like talking in a bar. No one in the bar usually goes...hey wait a minute 5 years ago you said XYZ???

I mean who cares if you change your mind after watching a player, or they get better, it is not like time stands still.....

In the rare times that people here actually get together, folks are cordial, nice, and we realize we are all Rocket fans.

Only the people who feel terrible about themselves feel the need to degrade others consistently.

DD

cmoak1982 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not the board, it is usually this section called GARM which is relentless.

Other people cannot take the heat like you do. Or increase the heat in convos.

I never got the high emotions on said message board about topics that do not touch our personal lives.

Or people trying to deliberately provoke or trigger you. That is the nastiness in human beings.

#372 daywalker02, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bobby's campaign against Green is one of the most pathetic things that I have ever seen on here and that's saying a lot

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not touching Green comment.

Benefit of doubt until he shows that he cannot.

But he should also improve his efficiency and production without Theis.

He looked to be doing just that before the injury.

It's still his defense in starting 5 that worries me most.

raining threes likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Now I know you havent a clue about what you're talking about.

Jalen Green was not known as a complete player.

He was projected to be a great scorer, 1 dimensional due to defensive shortcomings but his offense was supposedly so dominant that it would reconcile the lack of defense.

Mobley was considered a potential Unicorn and for months leading up to the draft the CLEAR #2.

It was not until the rumors of Rockets bias towards Green that Mobley fell to #3 in the last weeks leading up to the draft.

Skilled 2 way 7 footers like him are just that rare.

In fact, it was Mobley who all the draft experts preached patience as he would be best player in 5 years while Green would impact winning and success much sooner.

And we DO know who the best players on the team are RIGHT NOW.

clos4life likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

Im not the one that made the decision. Both the Pistons and the Rockets, owners of the #1 and #2 pick respectively, thought that Jalen was the better prospect.

You know...the professionals getting paid to do this stuff with jobs on the line.

D-rock likes this.
  18. DaDakota

He is going to be tough to get out of the starting lineup, but, no matter what, he should be in the finishing lineup.

DD

Uprising, GotGame15, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Garrison Allen
    Garrison Thompson

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Garrison “GOAT” Mathews

D-rock likes this.