1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our #2 draft pick "Jalen Green" seems to have a ceiling of . . .Gerald Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 2, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

James Flight White.

[​IMG]

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think he might see them too! But seriously I love Gerald but put Jalen in the same role meaning play him off the bench next to CP and Harden and allow jack up any shot he wants and if he gets hot he stays if jot he sits and we have a championship team

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

point being... there are situations when it works... i know you've endured my rants about adjustments and situational lineups and at least having a couple bigs we can fall back on if necessary... heck, i even believe midget ball has its place - not as your primary set that you run against every team for the majority of the time (esp in a 7 game series) - but situational.
    That was always one of my main b****es about MDA - his stubborness...
    "We dont adjust to them - they adjust to us!" - MDA
    Yes, they do... and they kicked our asses when they did so... and we bent over and took it!
    Look at the the playoff run... as LA adjusted they increasingly beat our butts through pitp... had Portland figured it out and hammered it, we wouldnt have even made it outta the first round...
    Net includes both offense and defense. MDA was all about the offense - and the d be damned - "You'll have to talk to Jeff about that."

4. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I have to apologize to everyone here, and especially Gerald Green. I got a bit too carried away in making a pun because they share the same last name, but the last several weeks have made clear that I vastly overrated Jalen Green and he will never hold a candle to Gerald.

With Jalen Green in the lineup, we were looking like, literally, the worst NBA team of all time (or at minimum one of the three worst). And all the metrics and statistics backed that up.

Without him, we are playing like a solid playoff contender. This has to be the most dramatic case of "addition by subtraction" in the entire history of the NBA. Let's just be real: he's a physically and mentally weak millennial snowflake who is not fit to be on the same court as grown men. He'll be lucky to have even Kevin Martin level durability. It's like we took Yao Ming's feet and made an entire human body with that level of frailty.

Corrosion and juanming like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just curious. What were you doing at 19?

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

:D
    I really don't like his hair style either!

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Kevin Porter Jr and Jalen Green starting --15 game losing streak.

Eric Gordon and G. Mathews -- 5 game winning streak.

Can GM Stone find a trade partner for John Wall, Kevin Porter Jr , Jalen Green and Daniel Theis who will help Chrstian Wood, Eric Gordom, J. Tate, and G. Mathews ?

8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Nobody hates Jalen Green and roots for him to fail more than Rockets fans, pretty weird.

I wonder if this would be the case if people didn't jump to such strong conclusions pre-draft, causing folks to then hope the long-term outcome matches their pre-draft biases

#208 Zen Tabak, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    napalm06 likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently he was a NBA Champion

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a classic case of jealousy. The kid is 19yrs old and has everything going for him. He's gotten off to a sporadic start and people can't find no other way to attack him, other than if he doesnt play well.

Give the kid time!

D-rock likes this.
  11. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

He could be dropping 30 every night and I still wouldn't like him because he's too effeminate and will never be a team leader. Get him on TRT or something. It defies belief that he is playing in the same league as Rockets heroes like Vernon Maxwell, Carl Herrera, Dikembe Mutombo, and Kevin Willis. I miss having men on our squad.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The problem is Jalen Green has been getting by on straight athleticism and running up and down the court for High Schools and AAU select teams with no attention to defensive schemes or precision passing much less an offensive system.

13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Sounds like something a lot of high school phenoms do

javal_lon likes this.
  14. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I’m starting to question what you guys do for a living and how your social life is.. this is getting ridiculous

Zen Tabak likes this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't tell if this is a great bit or just a very pathetic person. Even if it's unintentional it's still funny though.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jalen Green to be hated on this early is funny. This is a developmental year for him regardless.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Morey had been able to complete Wood trade, Rockets would have run over every team in postseason.

Including the Lakers.

Even without Wood or any real big, Rockets were going toe to toe with Lakers until House shat the bed.

And now Rockets are on 5 game win streak by playing .... MDA skill ball.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are just sick.

Get help.

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Oh snap. I didn't realize kpj has been out for 5 games. That's crazy it only seemed like he missed part of 2 games

D-rock likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

you have quite the affinity for men don’t you