1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-says-never-exhibited-violent-tendencies.html

The older half-brother of Oxford High School mass shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley has described the teen as a quiet but happy boy who stayed out of trouble and never exhibited violent tendencies.

Speaking exclusively with DailyMail.com, Eli Crumbley, 18, said he can't understand how his own sibling could suddenly snap, open fire, and kill his classmates, following the deadly rampage in Oxford, Michigan on Tuesday.

'The Ethan I knew was just a smart boy who just seemed like an average kid,' he said in an interview on Wednesday. 'There was nothing that ever stood out to me. He'd never get suspended from school, or detention.

'He didn't suffer depression or anything like that. He woke up happy, went to school, came home and played games.'

Eli and Ethan, 15, have the same father, but different mothers. Originally from Florida, the two boys later moved to Michigan with their dad James Crumbley and his second wife, Ethan's mom, Jennifer.

The older brother hinted at some family turmoil that prompted him to abruptly move out last March, to live with his biological mother in Florida where he grew up.

'It mostly had to do with the relationship between my stepmother and I,' Eli said. He wouldn't elaborate other than to say: 'It wasn't as great as it could be. Moving back to Florida was the best option for me.

Ethan remained living with his parents in a small home in Oxford, less than two miles from where he opened fire.

[…]

'I didn't know he had a gun till after this happened,' he said. 'It's still hard to believe,' he said. 'I can't believe it.'

'As far as I knew, Ethan was always good,' Eli added. 'He was just quiet, kept to himself, kept his circle of friends small. He was a clean kid, didn't smoke or do drugs, nothing.'

'And he got good grades,' Eli said. 'He wanted to be an archeologist.'

'When I was living there, nothing seemed off, ' he continued. 'We'd just walk to the bus stop in the morning, go to school, come home, maybe play some football outside or basketball. We'd just chill, wouldn't do much.'

Ethan was on the bowling and soccer teams in middle school, he said, but didn't play team sports in high school.

He said his brother's biggest hobby was video games, which he'd play at night. His favorite was Minecraft.

Asked whether he knew of any other problems Ethan was experiencing, Eli noted that they had an aunt who died a couple months ago and that Ethan recently also lost his pet dog, Tank.

'I really don't know what his reasoning was behind this,' Eli said.

He was surprised to hear that bullying may have been a factor. Ethan wasn't ever bullied as a child, according to Eli.

'I would like to talk to him,' he said, 'but I don't think that's something that's going to happen for a while.'

Police on Wednesday said there is no record of the teenager being bullied - as other students have claimed - and prosecutors revealed at his arraignment that he had detailed in a journal found in his backpack how he wanted to shoot students at the school.

[…]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

u should’ve seen what was being said on Twitter the day of the shooting…that the media isn’t releasing his info because he’s Antifa, black, or some leftist…that’s how far gone the MAGA trash is now

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

so this is what he looks like…

[​IMG]

media keeps putting out all these 5th grade pictures like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

trying to make him look all harmless and innocent

cut the bullsh*t

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, the byproduct of having gun rights in this country are that innocent people will die. That's a risk that those that support guns are okay with.

I'm honest, I don't support guns and I'd abolish it if I could.

Yes, yes, criminals will still get their hands on guns, yeah, probably, but I'm pretty sure in the very long term, these kind of incidents would eventually subside. Even if you outlawed guns in this country, I know it would be difficult to confiscate them all, I get that.

Either way, **** the 2nd amendment.

5. adoo

adoo Member

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

its very dangerous having Fox news running in your house tv.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-school-shooting-suspects-parents-charged/story?id=81525654

they didn't turn themselves in for their scheduled arraignment Friday afternoon and continue to be at large, according to law enforcement officials.

their attorney had attempted to reach the parents by phone and text without success.

Every available resource is dedicated to locating them, the sheriff said, adding people should not approach the couple. US Marshals and the FBI are involved in the search for the Crumbleys, according to Bouchard.​

Sajan likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

My bad. I misread.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Really? That describes this guy to a t. lol

[​IMG]

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You know you got to protect yourself from the big old bad government and their F22s glad they have those semi autos to take out those tanks and jets. lol

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I’m glad those f***ing cowards that were this kids parents were caught. Involuntary Manslaughter seems too light. They’re accomplices. He didn’t just become this way a few days ago. They knew his state of mind and gave him a gun anyway. It’s clear from the mother’s text to him about not getting caught looking at ammo online at school that they are responsible for this.

They should spend as much time in prison as their son will.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

They were apparently hiding in the basement of a building they broke into...

with their car parked right outside.

AleksandarN, Reeko and B-Bob like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In addition to these folks' inFOXication, you have to love the detail where "dad" buys kid a gun while owing thousands in child support for another kid. Noyce priorities.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another reason there should be mandatory background checks and licensing for parents:

https://rintintin.colorado.edu/~vancecd/phil215/parents.pdf

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

tell me you’re overcompensating for something without telling me you’re overcompensating for something

that photo is embarrassing and cringey

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

74.8% of what is wrong with America summed up in 1 photo.

FranchiseBlade and Reeko like this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If a bunch of dead elementary schoolers doesn't cause a change nothing will.